Paul Pogba | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite what he can do when he is at it, I wouldn't be overly disappointed if he moved on. I simply dont trust him (or his agent) and think it would only be a matter of time before a lot of negativity again kicked in.
Pogba was signed to be our star man, leader and captain. He has repeatedly proven himself to be unfit to be any of these. He wanted a team around him to compliment his game rather than take the lead and pull the club up to the level he is capable of. When things arent to his liking he becomes the great sulk.
Then, along came Bruno Fernandes...........................

I'm torn, I like him, he seems like a decent person, a superb footballer, and despite what his agent says, he has always backed the team.
But if he wants to go then so be it.
I think the problem is, when he signed, his agent promised him Madrid after two seasons. But United haven't played ball and that's upset Raiola

The ideal scenario would be we win the league but Pogba doesn't get enough games to get a medal
He's made 13 appearances already, so even under the old rules he'd still get one. It used to be 10 appearances. Still, see no reason to be vindictive against Pogba. If he wants to go, let him go. We should have sold him when he was at peak value and had already made noises he didn't want to be here long term.

He's made 13 appearances already, so even under the old rules he'd still get one. It used to be 10 appearances. Still, see no reason to be vindictive against Pogba. If he wants to go, let him go. We should have sold him when he was at peak value and had already made noises he didn't want to be here long term.
No reason to vindicate? He's an absolute C**T who has disrespected the club for the last few years, he should be sold in January out of principle.

Would you rather keep Pogba and win the league or sell him and finish 4th?

We are a better team with him in the side with him in his current form and selling him in January would be cutting our nose to spite our face.

Selling him without replacing him would be madness.

Hopefully he leaves with a winners medal that way we all win.

Premier League: Burnley 0-1 Manchester United - 12th January 2020

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

10/10 performance

Others weren’t at it tonight and he stepped up tonight and pushed Burnley back his passing was spot on but he also battled in the midfield to make sure they never got out.

His biggest improvement is his defensive discipline. He is such a strong aerial presence in our own box.

Thing with Pogba is in these games it's perfect for him to be deep because he's so much better than his opponent but would any of you play him in that midfield vs the decent sides?

Ole has managed him brilliantly since the agent outburst and he's using him sensibly in games to get the best from him and that means he doesn't start absolutely every game.

A player like Pogba on that money needs to be playing every game and delivering the goods in nearly all of them but we kind of know that he doesn't.

The good thing is this sort of form might attract suiters I still think it's best he does move on but this season we are seeing just how good a player he is.

lets see if he starts Sunday, with them on the bench you'd have to assume it's Mctom and Fred.

But to drop Pogba vs Liverpool is bold.

lets see if he starts Sunday, with them on the bench you'd have to assume it's Mctom and Fred.

If I'm Ole I'm putting Rashford up against TAA that's the weakspot in their team and that makes it hard to find a spot for Pogba.

I agree it's going to be McTom/Fred/Bruno as the midfield 3.

It's a tough choice for Ole but Pogba hasn't shone in the bigger games this season so I think he'll be on the bench and used as an impact sub.

Will be shocked if Ole starts Pogba, like few people have already said its going to be Mctom - Fred - Bruno, and we need our wide players to get at their full backs to stop them charging up and down.

Wont be surprised to see Dan James start this game and Mason replace him after 70 minutes, we need the energy.

Will be shocked if Ole starts Pogba, like few people have already said its going to be Mctom - Fred - Bruno, and we need our wide players to get at their full backs to stop them charging up and down.

Wont be surprised to see Dan James start this game and Mason replace him after 70 minutes, we need the energy.

Yeah I think he puts James up against Robertson and just says match him make sure you force him to run back hard every time we turn that ball over and if he gets forward you get there with him.

I would be very surprised if Ole doesn’t start Pogba against Liverpool with the form he is in.

Obviously the comments about Rashford on the left and James on the right are good points to nullify their full backs. But I have a feeling he’ll slot in Pogba.

I agree, he's got to be our form player, but I also agree the set up would be better without him.

Good luck Ole.

I think he starts. He hasn't started many big games this season and think he's earned his place back in this one.

I've been waiting on @jsp to get the matchday thread and his preview done so we've got the one place to discuss it. No thread a mere 4 days before the game is say he's slacking.

As I said in another thread, leave him out and there is no chance of him staying.

I know there is a slim chance, but if we start showing him we can win trophies he will stay. That is why he came, to turn united into winners again.

As I said in another thread, leave him out and there is no chance of him staying.

I know there is a slim chance, but if we start showing him we can win trophies he will stay. That is why he came, to turn united into winners again.

Win the league and offer him a decent contract and he might change his mind.

Pogba wants to win and he obviously wants to be paid if he thinks Utd are heading back to the top he might stick around.

I would hate to see James start against Liverpool. Would prefer Rashford there instead and then Pogba on the right if need be.

How is it bold? He's shit himself on every occasion vs Liverpool and in most big games tbf, the original flat track bully.

That's just not true, he scored 2 in a comeback against city

Also, scored away at Arsenal and Chelsea in wins but the point about big games and him going missing is valid.

I wouldn’t start him but in this new system playing off the wing it helps him in big games as he isn’t as exposed defensively as he often was playing in a 2 man midfield.

It’s about time Pogba stepped up in game vs Liverpool.

I don't think he goes missing in big games, he just has phases, and he's in a good one.

Didn't he also score in a world cup final

I don't think he goes missing in big games, he just has phases, and he's in a good one.

Didn't he also score in a world cup final
Phases? That's laughable lol, and last I checked United weren't in that World Cup final so I couldn't care less to be fair. He's the biggest flop signing in our history imo.

Hes nowhere near the biggest flop signing in our history. That's ludicrous. He's not even the biggest flop signing since Fergie retired fcol. Sanchez, Mhki and Lukaku waved to say hello.

Hes nowhere near the biggest flop signing in our history. That's ludicrous. He's not even the biggest flop signing in the last 3 years fcol. Sanchez, Mhki and Lukaku waved to say hello.
Neither of them were a world record signing, and Lukaku gave us one very good season at least. Mhki was a meh signing, and Sanchez came in a short lived loan. Pogba came in on world record fee and much hype, and has flattered to deceive for 4 & a half seasons. Easily biggest flop, especially when you factor in the blatant disrespect he's shown the club time and again and it sickens me that he's still here. Only United player in my life that I cannot stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back