Paul Pogba | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think Pogba has flopped worse than Sanchez you're just blinded by your hatred of him and aren't looking at it rationally.

I'm not sure of the point to that question it's a team game and Pogba had been an integral part of what had been won in his time here.

It's obvious to all that Sanchez was a massive flop who couldn't even get near the squad when his time was up. His signing upset the team and he was the highest paid player we've ever had.

I'm not sure of the point to that question it's a team game and Pogba had been an integral part of what had been won in his time here.

It's obvious to all that Sanchez was a massive flop who couldn't even get near the squad when his time was up. His signing upset the team and he was the highest paid player we've ever had.
We'll agree to disagree, Pogba has been integral to nothing here imo, biggest honour we've won in his time here is the 2017 Europa League, player of the tournament that year was Mhki, Zlatan had some big moments in that run also. Pogba failed to stand out in some poor teams in his time, now we're looking like a good side and he's still not the man - this is Bruno and Rashfords team.

Actually player of the tournament was Pogba. Mhki was second. Zlatan third.

Pogba 140
Mhki 129
Zlatan 109

Let's not rewrite history and pretend Pogba didn't contribute.

Actually player of the tournament was Pogba. Mhki was second. Zlatan third.

Pogba 140
Mhki 129
Zlatan 109

Let's not rewrite history and pretend Pogba didn't contribute.
Yeah that's right I forgot that erroneous prize for Pogba, Mhki was our top scorer including a goal in the final, but yes you feel free to go by the bogus award to Pogba lol.

Mhki may have had a good tournament but you can't falsely claim he was player of the tournament especially when the guy that won that accolade is the guy you're calling the biggest flop of all time. I get that you don't like Pogba. But you can't just make up awards for other players to prove a point against him.

Also add Di Maria to the list of bigger flops than Pogba.

Mhki may have had a good tournament but you can't falsely claim he was player of the tournament especially when the guy that won that accolade is the guy you're calling the biggest flop of all time. I get that you don't like Pogba. But you can't just make up awards for other players to prove a point against him.

Also add Di Maria to the list of bigger flops than Pogba.
Yeah anyone that doesn’t have Di Maria at the top of the flop list needs to have a word with themselves. Plus he was a total twazzock.

I don't get this big games stuff, Lukaku would score when we were two up. Pogba put us top of the league this week, was that not a big goal?

Pogba is a superb player, has always been committed even while saying he wants to leave. The problem with Pogba is his agent. You said in another thread you want Rooney as manager, because he never threatened to leave did he.

I know you'll say Rooney won more, but he had better players around him. He also won nothing after Fergie left.

Sánchez despite being a free is the worst signing we’ve made post Fergie absolute disaster of a signing he was absolute garbage on the pitch and off it his contract caused major issues in the dressing room.

Sánchez was an example along with Di Maria of players coming for money not because they wanted we were second choice not first choice and neither settled at Utd. Pogba for all his flaws I think wanted to come back and be a success it just hasn’t worked out.

It wasn’t a great season but he was easily our best player in Ole’s first season.

Think finally we’ve got a squad that gets the best from Pogba because he doesn’t have to be superman every week I think to be at his best he needs good players around him because he has never been a player who shines in every game.

I don't get this big games stuff, Lukaku would score when we were two up. Pogba put us top of the league this week, was that not a big goal?

Pogba is a superb player, has always been committed even while saying he wants to leave. The problem with Pogba is his agent. You said in another thread you want Rooney as manager, because he never threatened to leave did he.

I know you'll say Rooney won more, but he had better players around him. He also won nothing after Fergie left.
Lol Jesus Christ, please never mention Poghype and Rooney in the same sentence. One was a United legend the other is a total w**ker. Rooney doesn't get off scot free due to his contract antics in 2010, but Pogba has disrespected the club far more.

Rooney was fantastic on the pitch but his off the pitch antics were worse than Pogbas.

Can't stand him and was glad he finally left.

He questioned if Fergie was a winner and if the players around him were good enough and handed in a transfer request and asked to join City. Pogba hasn't been anywhere near that bad. Total w*nker was the right description of Rooney.

Rooney called out the club at a time when they needed calling out he was in his prime and the club was letting its best players leave and replacing them with lesser players.

He’d also delivered on the pitch before he spoke out.

Rooney was fantastic on the pitch but his off the pitch antics were worse than Pogbas.

Can't stand him and was glad he finally left.

He questioned if Fergie was a winner and if the players around him were good enough and handed in a transfer request and asked to join City. Pogba hasn't been anywhere near that bad. Total w*nker was the right description of Rooney.
He questioned the clubs ambitions when they didn't attempt to spend the £80m they got for Ronaldo, when looked at in retrospect his comments don't look so crazy. Pogba has disrespected the club since 2018, think you need to see past the Pogba posters on your wall and get your facts straight lol.

His comments didn't look crazy. Ridiculous.

However due to your nonsense other comments I'll leave this conversation. It'll go nowhere when someone resorts to that nonsense regarding posters and keeps trying to rewrite history.

Though the only thing on my wall is actually a signed shirt from the 2008 champions League semi including Rooneys. So really is a stupid statement.

Rooney called out the club at a time when they needed calling out he was in his prime and the club was letting its best players leave and replacing them with lesser players.

He’d also delivered on the pitch before he spoke out.

Rooney should have respected Fergie the manager to know what he was doing. In the end Fergie did and knew Rooney wasn't the man to lead the line when he wanted his last title before bowing out.

Amusing that for both Pogba and Rooney when the money was spent it's been to replace them.

The only reason Rooney was allowed to stay was Moyes coming in. Fergie would have had him gone at the end of 2013 for his lack of respect for the club.

Rooney isn't a club legend to me, can't bear him

Rooney should have respected Fergie the manager to know what he was doing. In the end Fergie did and knew Rooney wasn't the man to lead the line when he wanted his last title before bowing out.

Amusing that for both Pogba and Rooney when the money was spent it's been to replace them.

The only reason Rooney was allowed to stay was Moyes coming in. Fergie would have had him gone at the end of 2013 for his lack of respect for the club.

Rooney could see what was happening it wasn’t an issue with Fergie it was the owners at that time the debt was a serious strain on the club Fergie had his hands tied. The following summer after Rooney committed the club finally loosened the financial strings and reinvested but the squad was still weak. Utd were still shopping in the B market not going for the very best players and were starting to lose out to City.

In 2013 it was different Fergie called the shots this time he saw Rooney’s physical decline and was ready to cash in but Moyes came and went a different route. Rooney continued to graft and give his best for the club but he was a very different player by this point.

I think Pogba in 2018 had the same frustrations Rooney had in 2010 watching the club not take the necessary steps to challenge for a title. Both these boys want to win and they’ll only hang around if you are winning.

I think you're being kind to Rooney and the 2013 issue when it's well known he handed in a transfer request.

I think you're being kind to Rooney and the 2013 issue when it's well known he handed in a transfer request.

Fergie wanted him out with 18 months on his contract and him not in the team he told the manager if you don’t want to play me then sell me.

Fergie leaves and Moyes who had previous taken Rooney to court over comments in his book takes over is it really a surprise he thinks balls to this I’m gone. They end up calling a truce he gets a new deal and stays the club should never have signed off the sum they did but Woodward gonna Woodward.

Liverpool 0-0 Man Utd - Sun 17th Jan

thought overall he was the best of the midfield and attacking players and he will be kicking himself over that missed chance to get the winner.

Played a team role on the wing battling and scrapping for his team mates.

Premier League Fulham 1-2 Man Utd

best goal in a Utd shirt?

Quality again tonight going both ways provided quality passing and also battled in midfield winning the ball back.

Premier League Fulham 1-2 Man Utd

best goal in a Utd shirt?

Quality again tonight going both ways provided quality passing and also battled in midfield winning the ball back.
Think he's really enjoying his football, and in the best form in his time at the club. The confidence currently running through the team seems to have lifted him to the player we know he can be. An absolute monster of a midfielder.

I’ve been very critical of him but I can see the difference between a happy Pogba he’s playing with a smile on he’s face I still don’t think he’s disciplined enough which is a problem but you’ve got to admire him ive been angry with him all season but as long as we’re winning and he’s playing he’s happy teams definitely better with him in it.

Credit where its due Pogba has been brilliant recently, let's hope it continues. Could make a massive difference in the title race, big pat on the back for Ole also, his handling of Pogba looks like a man-management masterclass.

Yep Ole's handling of the situtation has been spot on freezing him out would have made a huge media storm the club didn't need I'm sure deep down he's frustrated and dissapointed in what happened but he's handled it brilliantly.

Post match last night you could see a different Pogba he's finally getting what he wants at Utd a title challenge he admits he's a terrible loser he wants to win and now will we hopefully see the real Paul Pogba.

No doubt his best spell in a United shirt. He’s influencing things and starting to add more goals to his game. I think Pogba will be the key man if we are to win the title. When he’s on song he’s absolutely brilliant. It’s just when he’s off it then he is infuriating!

his agent is the most infuriating thing about Pogba.

Good thing now is when his form dips we can bench him we aren't 100% reliant on him if he's playing badly there's others who can step in so he's being kept on his toes which I think is good for him.

The agent is a problem but when his players are happy he keeps his mouth shut Pogba's frustration for the last 4 years have clearly been this team has been nowhere near winning.

Doing the dirty work as well now, he has really knuckled down to become a team man. His performances have been brilliant of late and yesterday was another example of it. Still has one or to flirty moments when he tries to be fancy and loses the ball but playing like he is you can take that.

Key moment in the first goal was him winning the ball back on the edge of our box.

Was given MOTM on BBC thought maybe a touch generous but it was another good performance from him playing both in a central role and later in the wider role he's often had in the big games.

And to give Donny some credit, great little ball out to Marcus after Pogba won it.

Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba will be out of action for "a few weeks" with a thigh muscle injury, manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed.

France international Pogba was replaced after 39 minutes during Saturday's 3-3 draw with Everton at Old Trafford.
"It's an injury that will take a few weeks to heal," Solskjaer told the club's website on Monday.

"Paul has been very important for us and we're not going to take any risks. [So it is] a few weeks definitely."

Not really the news we wanted to hear but hopefully it's only a few weeks and doesn't drift into anything longer.

Obviously speculation but have to assume it as an injury as a result of fatigue as it didn't look like he over stretched or anything like that and he knew straight away he couldn't continue.

Could this be the chance VDB has waited for will Ole look to use him in the midfield areas now that he's lost his playmaker?

Since he went off injured we've been plodding along.

We certainly miss his passing ability in midfield none of the replacements are anywhere near his standard but I think McTominay is doing a good job standing in and taking that more attacking role in the 2.

Hopefully he's not out for to long as we do need him especially in the form he was in before the injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back