Paul Pogba | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, we're missing him big time. Doesn't sound like he is going to sign that deal either

yeah, we're missing him big time. Doesn't sound like he is going to sign that deal either

Where have you read that?

There's nothing really being talked about in the UK on a new deal for him doesn't sound like anything is really going on at the moment all gone very quiet since his agents outburst. There's no suggestion from the Utd end that they've approached him to offer a new deal or from his side to say that he even wants one.

After everything that has been and gone I think the best thing is he goes the bridges are burned you can't trust him to stay happy so take what we can get and move on.

Raiola has said he's working under the radar following the outcry at christmas. Although by saying that he isn't working under the radar.

If we lose Pogba, we can add that our extensive summer shopping list. We'll win sweet FA with Fred in the team

Oh yeah if Pogba goes we've probably got to sign 2 starting quality central midfield players so we aren't starting Fred every week as Matic is in the bin too. If he stays we need to buy 1 and bump Fred down to being a sub again.

Think like everything in football at the moment everyone is just waiting to the summer with all this covid stuff it's hard to see how anyone can start planning to spend big or offer a new deal to a star player.

It's perfectly feasible that even at the start of next season stadiums will be empty or under capacity restrictions.

We have really missed him. Like most of our players can be frustrating but has that little sprinkle of star dust in the big moments. Brilliant finish.

I hope he can stay fit now because we really need him firing. And should bring some added freshness to the team.

Cool composure for the finish. Deflects in off of no.79?

Did you notice VDB's reaction?

Don't think it did looked to me like it went straight in he sold Kessie (79) the dummy which also moved the keeper and it opened up the near post and he just smashed it past Kessie.

Who knew all we needed to do to get the best from Pogba was to make our kit look like a Juventus shirt

it was a quality finish. We really have got to try and hang on to him

Still think he can only stay if he's actually happy to stay we can't afford him to be sulking again in 12 months time.

It is hard to see where he goes unless he runs down his contract and goes on a bosman.

For him to be happy he needs to feel that Utd are going to win titles in the next few seasons and not the cups but the big ones he wants leagues and champions league.

Pogba was sensational in the second half.

Yep turned up and grabbed the game when we needed him top quality and even first half he was playing well but second half they couldn’t get near him.

Absolutely brilliant in the second half. His ability on the last goal was unreal. Also did some great work holding the ball up in the final minutes.

Point to prove against Jose was probably extra motivation

A class above. His control, positioning, distribution and movement were all spot on.
Ole needs to keep Pogba and Bruno in the team and up the pitch.

A class above. His control, positioning, distribution and movement were all spot on.
Showed his class. Bruno had a fairly quiet game , so it did need others to step up. McTomminey & Fred held solid , after a shaky start. Shaw , once again, fantastic ( he wouldve loved that, telling Jose ,how dare u leave me out for nearly 18 months)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does that goal , take Greenwood up to level with Rooney & Rashford, as being the most goals scored by a teenager for MU , 19 all 3 of them ?

I'm really conflicted on this because if someone had offered us a bag of balls and a few of those orange cones for him in Jan, I'd have snapped their hand off. Then he comes back and powers us to the top of the league, gets injured which sees a drop in form/creativity, and then puts in a performance like today where he was fantastic. I'm having a hard time figuring out which player the real Pogba is. Is he the one who couldn't be bothered before Christmas, putting in effort if and when it suited, throwing managers under the bus (Jose) and then turning it on when he wanted, (new manager comes in, big game when the world is watching)? Or, is he the transcendent talent that took us to the top of the table, and the one we missed so badly in his absence? Is he turning it on because he's in the shop window? Is he turning it on because he wants a new contract? Is this one of his temporary upticks in form to be followed by a few months of him giving the ball away, refusing to track back and looking disinterested? If we saw the real Pogba today, then yeah, sign him up and get him involved, but I'm having trouble figuring out which Pogba is which.

Showed his class. Bruno had a fairly quiet game , so it did need others to step up. McTomminey & Fred held solid , after a shaky start. Shaw , once again, fantastic ( he wouldve loved that, telling Jose ,how dare u leave me out for nearly 18 months)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does that goal , take Greenwood up to level with Rooney & Rashford, as being the most goals scored by a teenager for MU , 19 all 3 of them ?
It could be. I know he was on a list with Rooney, Kidd and Best for the most goals in a season by a teenager at the end of last season. Astonishing considered he's had a pretty poor season, going off the boil ever since that stupid thing in Iceland.

It could be. I know he was on a list with Rooney, Kidd and Best for the most goals in a season by a teenager at the end of last season. Astonishing considered he's had a pretty poor season, going off the boil ever since that stupid thing in Iceland.
I hope it is the case and starts against Granada.
Then he may want to bag a few and show the Spaniards that they never saw the real Greenwood last week !

Bit of a sore one for Jose! made the bold statement Pogba would never captain United again.

Bit of a sore one for Jose! made the bold statement Pogba would never captain United again.

Let’s be honest he said a lot of stuff.

Didn’t he say he had to do all of Luke Shaws thinking on the pitch for him.

So glad he’s gone huge respect for what he’s don’t in the game but he was ripping our fan base apart.

Interesting that he’s gone for Pogba over De Gea

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For the context it was that little flick he tried to do when seeing the game out in the corner.

Such an awful ref.

Pogba is right to be annoyed gets booted by players all game and Moss allowed them to do it all game without taking action.

Aye, it would have been even worse if Pogba wasnt taking the piss at the time.

It would be crazy to let Pogba go. He's a class above and if Ole finally realized he's better playing him in an attacking role, all the better

It would be crazy to let Pogba go. He's a class above and if Ole finally realized he's better playing him in an attacking role, all the better

I don't think anyone is letting him go it's more that he doesn't want to stay so the club has no choice.

A few things I've heard from someone I trust is Pogba's open to talks over a new contract something he hasn't been open to for the last few years but he's enjoying himself at Utd.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back