0​
0​
0​

Previous Seasons
Paul Pogba | Match Discussion 2017/18
Paul Pogba | Match Discussion thread 2016/17

Premier League: Manchester United 4-0 Chelsea - 11th August 2019

He was excellent in the second half.

Incredible pass for Rash and that's what he brings. But overall I definitely want to see more but hey a couple of days ago he was a doubt for the game so maybe he wasn't fully fit.

He will always divide opinion at United but let's be honest, if he doesn't create goals from midfield nobody else will

great ball.

I think he metioned leaving in an interview afterwards again :-/

Surely we wouldn't let him go now.

He said in the interview there will always be a question mark about his future but he’s enjoying his football and winning with his team mates. No need to say it really.

oh, not so bad then

He looked happy enough yesterday, hopefully we'll move forward and he'll see the benefit in staying, sign a new deal.

Sorry but for all this guys talents he's an absolute arse hole off of it. We've just hammered a team we expect to be in and around us in the league table. It was a good clinical display, a clean sheet at home and many reasons to be optimistic. And there's this idiot making these comments.

Keep him this season and then dump him off next summer. I can't stand his antics.

Very few midfielders in world football give you what he gives you going forward that pass for Rashford and the driving run through the heart of Chelsea to setup James very few midfield player combine the physical and technical qualities he had and that's just a fact.

Question is has he fully accepted that he's got to stick around or is there still one more twist to come if Madrid panic and try to make a move late in the window?

I read Madrid wanted a big galactico moment at the last minute, Pogba and Neymar.

I don't see how they will have the money, but I'd be amazed if we let him go now, we would write off 4th place.

Madrid can always find cash from somewhere it's not as easy as it once was because of financial problems in Spain but they can normally find a Spanish bank looking to give them a loan at preferential rates from memory it just needs to be under written by Perez because no president can put debt directly on the club due to the way it is setup.

I don't see them doing anything unless they get Bale and James out the door and my guess is they'd be going Eriksen first ahead of Pogba as the numbers involved are just so different.

I just saw the quotes he made post game nothing to surprising really doesn't really change anything it's the same it's been all summer unless someone comes with a big enough offer to change our minds he's going nowhere. I think he knows that and so does his agent who is the man who needs to go and bring that offer to Utd as far as we know he's only given us one stinking offer from Madrid.

My guess is he knows it's head down aim to do the best he can with us, have a great euro 2020, one year less on his deal might bring the price down a little and see what there is next summer. I don't think he hates being at Utd he just wants to be somewhere better where he's got a better chance of winning.

yeah, I think some gloss has been added in translation there.

If I were Madrid, I might go Erikson over Pogba, for the difference in cost, Erikson is a steal

Think it's all very political at Madrid right now Zidane really wants Pogba and he's not happy about the club pulling the plug on deals to get Bale and James out which is what he wants so if Perez goes and tells him you can't have Pogba here's Eriksen he might not be to happy. Apparently one of the big things about him coming back was assurances over more control over the ins and outs in the squad.

I guess if he stays the testing time will come after loses as it always seems to be the same old story whenever this team loses and game Pogba is the first man being hung out to dry by the media and while he obviously contributes to both good and bad results there's 11 players out on the pitch so it's time collective responsibility was taken.

I have a feeling, with no Ronaldo, Zidane is going to be found out quite quickly.

Perez is probably thinking he deosn't want to spend 150m on Pogba when Jose will be rocking up soon.

I have a feeling, with no Ronaldo, Zidane is going to be found out quite quickly.

Perez is probably thinking he deosn't want to spend 150m on Pogba when Jose will be rocking up soon.

It's not just no Ronaldo key players like Ramos, Marcelo and Modric are all showing their age and the younger guys they've got in to replace them are taking time to settle in.

I don't think people got to carried away with Zidane suddenly being a super coach 3 CL's in a row was always treated with some scepticism and rightly so as the league form in his final season was poor that said I think he did do some clever things when he took over changing the shape of the team but a lot of that was largely down to him being big enough of a name to be able to drop the presidents galactico names.

Apparently one of the things he wanted to do when he came back was shift a few of the big names out Modric, James, Bale even Ramos according to some rumours as he realised with them around the new guys would always struggle as fans/media would always call for these guys to come in especially Ramos. He wanted to start a full rebuild and he saw Pogba as vital to reinvigorate a midfield that looked well past it's best last season.

I actually think Madrid will wait 1 more year on Pogba and I don't think they'll take Eriksen in a panic move if he isn't someone they really want.

well then that's a year to try and convince were are getting there and he should stay.

To be honest I think the ship has sailed with him he wants to win leagues and champions leagues and we are a long way from doing that so his bags are packed really what needs to happen is get a deal done with Madrid early for next summer and move on like they did with Ronaldo hopefully Pogba knowing he's got his move gets his head down gives everything he can for Utd this season and goes on a positive note with the fans. If he keeps performing the way he did yesterday on a regular basis I think he'd go with most fans blessings.

I think Pogba knows putting this club back together into a position where it can challenge for the big titles best case takes 2 seasons realistically it might take even longer and he's not prepared to hang around and wait for us to get it right.

Premier League: Manchester United 1-2 Crystal Palace - 24th August 2019

He will receive criticism for Palace’s winner, and rightly so, but I feel for him because he’s expected to absolutely everything in this team.

We have stripped back what was already a poor midfield to the bare bones. If pogba doesn't do it it doesn't happen

We rely on a player who's so up and down. Without him pulling the strings we have absolutely nothing in midfield. No creativity. No ideas. No quality. To not have addressed the position this summer will cost us top 6!

Yeah I agree. Just watched the class of 92 documentary where they had a board meeting to discuss midfield issues and how they deal with them. I am wondering whether that happens at United. You would hope so but the transfer activity would suggest not. That or the money just hasn't been released because in reality we haven't really spent that much given lukakus sale.

Had his pocket pipped for their goal but equally did the same to create our goal didn’t see whole 90 minutes so hard to comment on his overall performance.

As I said last season it can’t be the Pogba show every week he’s being asked to play deeper alongside a kid who is learning the ropes which won’t be easy for him when he’s also got to be the creative hub of the team.

Premier League: Southampton 1-1 Manchester United - 31st August 2019

He was awful in the first half, but better in the second half when he was higher up the pitch.

I don't think he was awful first half. He got on the ball and tried to make things tick from deep.

I thought he played himself into trouble a few times but a lot of the time he was given the ball under intense pressure and was swarmed by Southampton we played into their hands at times.

Was better when he moved further forward but you can see his frustration at team mates some of the passes into him were horrible and they weren’t hard passes.

EFL Cup: Manchester United 1-1 Rochdale - 25th September 2019

I’m usually prepared to give Pogba a little leeway, but he was awful tonight. He looked and played like he was uninterested.

He was god awful but another couple of interesting things last night, the fact he wasn’t captain and Tuanzebe was. Also he didn’t take a penalty which doesn’t scream confidence in him. Overall he was terrible but hopefully the minutes in his legs will do him some good. If he plays like this against Arsenal then he is going to be in for a roasting!

EFL Cup: Manchester United 1-1 Rochdale - 25th September 2019

I’m usually prepared to give Pogba a little leeway, but he was awful tonight. He looked and played like he was uninterested.
Problem was he probably was. Thinks he's too big time for a league cup game against Rochdale. I think it was a mistake to play him because we know that is what he is like.

Problem was he probably was. Thinks he's too big time for a league cup game against Rochdale. I think it was a mistake to play him because we know that is what he is like.

He's our best player FFS he shouldn't be playing because we should have people who can step in for him and there was absolutely no impression of a lack of effort or application in the game it was a lack of quality he missed chances this happens.

He should have come off after an hour but we have no one to come on to replace him because the squad is a mess there's not a single player in that squad near his level and he probably does find that rather frustrating we all know he wanted to leave.

He apparently picked up an ankle injury during the game and is a doubt for Monday.

You couldn’t have just thrown him in against Arsenal with no match practise. Criticising Ole for starting a footballer with a bit of experience with the kids?

Pogba is a footballer. He isn’t above anyone. He should put in 100% effort against whoever he’s told he’ll be playing against ffs.

Pogba getting injured shouldn't be a problem as you should have someone who can step in and do his job.

I do think it was a risk playing him vs Rochdale he certainly shouldn't be playing the 90 minutes and if he picked up the injury in the game he should have come off but if he's looking off the pace a bit vs Rochdale he probably needed those minutes especially if the plan was to play him and Fred vs Arsenal. That's a midfield combination we've probably never played before.

He's not recovered from this ankle injury which he's played the last 2 games with and could be facing a spell on the side lines.

He hasn't travelled to Holland for the Europa League game and it sounds like he'll miss the Newcastle game so hopefully he's back after international.

Like him or not the team needs him and fair play to him for trying to play through the pain but if it needs rest it needs rest they'll have to find a way of coping without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back