Status
Not open for further replies.
Champions League: Juventus 1-2 Manchester United - 7th November 2018

Shocking performance.

Yeah poor tonight did the occasion get to him?

Wanted to much time on the ball which is Pogba at his worst.

Personally thought he looked nervous last night which is most unlike him, every touch looked over thought.

Understandable though. He was walking back in to his old stadium as an under dog and didn’t believe in the team around him.

Was a tough game Juventus know his game and they don’t give you any time or space in the middle of the pitch and I think the whole occasion got to him a bit.

He’s allowed to have an off night luckily Mata and Martial stepped up in his absence.

Premier League: Southampton 2-2 Manchester United - 1st December 2018

He played like he was uninterested.

Incredibly poor but you could see his frustration with Lukaku these two just aren’t on the same wavelength.

I don’t think it’s an interest thing just looks like his confidence is at rock bottom again probably because he knows the players around him are nowhere near the level of what he’s used to.

Didn’t even make it on to the pitch today. Not being able to get our most talented player firing will only hold us back.

True, but the last two games without him have been an improvement

He’s out of the team because of form if he reacts the way he should then hopefully the break will have done him some good.

Smashing loads of goals vs the worst defence in the league isn’t enough proof that this team is better without Pogba but he needs to look at the way some of the lads played yesterday and bring that energy to his game.

Yes, the effort in last two games, without Pogba, has been better. That’s what I meant. And probably what Jose meant about Pogba needs to learn to be a team player

Yes, the effort in last two games, without Pogba, has been better. That’s what I meant. And probably what Jose meant about Pogba needs to learn to be a team player

I don’t think effort has been a problem in his poor performances he’s trying he just isn’t playing well everything he tried wasn’t coming off and he was making simple errors and still trying very difficult things.

I think the message Mourinho has been trying to get through to him is just play simple get that going then add the tricky bits to it once you are nailing the basics.

I’ve seen him, on a couple of occasions, lose the ball then shrug his shoulders rather than trying to get the ball back

He’s certainly got that in him think it’s a natural reaction so doubt it’ll ever change he’s not the first and not the last to react that way and it wasn’t driven out of him early on.

He’s said he will start vs Valencia so let’s see how he reacts

I think the team is playing nicely without him to be honest

From what I’ve seen and heard it was a really poor performance from Pogba last night. I don’t think he’s anywhere near starting on Sunday. This was his chance to really lay down a marker and produce a performance that made it impossible for Jose to ignore. But no he ambled around and not really influencing the game.

If Jose stays then I cannot see Pogba being here beyond this summer.

No matter what Jose does Pogba doesn’t have a team attitude and must go.

You say he can’t start Sunday but then who can?

Pogba was on a hiding to nothing yesterday he was playing in a midfield that contained Fellaini who tackled himself more than the opposition and Fred who forgot he was a footballer. He was basically a one man midfield and you can’t play a high tempo game by yourself. Once Rashford came on Pogba looked like the player he can be and a few little interchanges with Mata were nice. He was definitey the best of the 3 CM’s that started yesterday. And it’s surely Matic Herrera and one of them.

That miss last night summed him up recently - Technically he is brilliant, as we all know, but I cannot defend him time and time again.

Obviously him and Maurene dont sing from the same hymn sheet, and its clear to see he has been off colour for some time now has Pogba - One of two things has to happen in Jan and its either Pogs leaves, or Maurene goes.

We cannot cannot CANNOT ! continue the way we are - how much of a shambles has this become now ?

Maurene v the players v The board

Odd, Jose gets slagged for not palying Fred, then gets slagged for playing him becasue he's not good enough to play with Pogba.

I didn't see the game, but a player who's playing for the team will make a difference, even in effort alone. Sounds like Pogba didn't. His attitude stinks, he doesn't want to be here, he doesn't like Jose and he shows it on the pitch. To me that shows bad attitude.

I think they should both go, it's not working with Jose, Pogba can't put the club above his personal feelings.

I want an attacking manager and players who will fight for the badge.

Odd, Jose gets slagged for not palying Fred, then gets slagged for playing him becasue he's not good enough to play with Pogba.

I didn't see the game, but a player who's playing for the team will make a difference, even in effort alone. Sounds like Pogba didn't. His attitude stinks, he doesn't want to be here, he doesn't like Jose and he shows it on the pitch. To me that shows bad attitude.

I think they should both go, it's not working with Jose, Pogba can't put the club above his personal feelings.

I want an attacking manager and players who will fight for the badge.

Last night was probably the worst I've seen Fred play, very sloppy with his passing and was giving away possession more times than I could count.

Not to sound like a smart a**e, but I said to all my footie mates and peers that Fred was never the player that we should of gone for, its yet another one of those stupid Man United signings - engineered by the investment banker who knows nothing about football.

Yeah, a bit like Sanchez, City were after him, lets flex our muscles.

I wasn’t saying Fred isn’t good enough to play with Pogba. I like Fred but his performance last night was dreadful. I feel Pogba was put in an impossible situation. A case of ‘right go prove yourself to play Sunday but you’ve got no one with you to play with’ Lukaku offered no movement which was hardly a surprise that we improved when he went off. Fred played the ball like it was a hot potato so going forward he had very little options but Mata who was also isolated

Fred has probably got to that point like everyone else, he's scared of the ball coming to him.

Strange though, he looked bright last week. And he is still settling in, everyone else gets a season to bed, some get 2 or 3 mentioning no names, so we'll see.

Pogba's attitude was never a problem at Juventus or with France it's only being highlighted as a problem at Utd because he's not playing very well, which he isn't and rightly he has been dropped because his performance levels aren't high enough.

The midfield right now is a mess no one is playing well even when Pogba doesn't play. The games he missed were City (injury), Arsenal, Young Boys & Fulham. Yeah we smashed Fulham but Burnley scored 4 vs Fulham they are garbage in all those other games we were second best in the games he played Juventus, Palace, Southampton he wasn't very good but who was?

Pogba's form is a problem but it is not the sole cause of these problems. Mourinho signed Pogba he was desperate for him and everyone knows the baggage that comes with that he's then spent £90m on 2 players to play with him and neither has managed to sustain a good run of form. The defence is falling apart and the attack's an absolute mess but everything always falls to Pogba.

At the world cup it was clear Pogba benefitted from having Kante alongside him a proper defensive shield that allowed him to take risks going forward plus France had a rock solid defence something he also had at Juventus.

I still think the answer is bin Mourinho give Pogba 6 months to hopefully show us something under the new manager if he still doesn't sell him because it's never going to work for him.

Pogba isn't playing well because of the manager. He isn't being utilised properly, the manager doesn't put his trust in him and that impacts the players confidence and until Jose is gone this will continue to be the case.

Yes it's partly the manager. but you expect a top quality player to dig in. At Juve and France he didn't have any problems with management and much better players around him. Here he should be showing up, playing to his best ability and dragging others up. I'm not saying he's not a great player. I am saying I expect a better attitude.

Pogba isn't and never has been a guy who mucks in he's just not that sort of player like Ozil at Arsenal he needs the players around him to make up for his weaknesses he has that with France he had it at Juventus he doesn't have it here.

I honestly don't see a guy not trying I see a guy who doesn't know what to do all the things he tries don't come off and he clearly doesn't know why.

This is Man Utd we shouldn't need one man to lift everyone Keane didn't lift everyone every week the majority of the time everyone knew their job and did it or they took it in turns to step up. This one man team cr*p is what has got us into this problem Rooney was that guy for a long time and Pogba now seems to have that mantle but it doesn't work teams win titles not players.

Pogba is in a bad way and deserves to be benched possibly even dropped from the squad completely based on performance but others need to step up in his absence in the midfield and run the game but no one does because they can't.

That's fine, but don't walk around acting like you're world class when you don't have a world class attitude.

You're right this is man utd and I don't want players who can't lift themselves, let alone others. Him and Lukaku should not start on Sunday.

That's fine, but don't walk around acting like you're world class when you don't have a world class attitude.

You're right this is man utd and I don't want players who can't lift themselves, let alone others. Him and Lukaku should not start on Sunday.

I don't think there are any questions over his overall attitude he's a model professional turns up on time, keeps himself in great shape, off the field you hear almost nothing about his personal life. He's arguably the most famous footballer in England and I don't know if he even has a girlfriend.

He came 10th in the Ballon D'Or vote his ability really isn't something that is up for debate he just doesn't fit in this team at this moment in time.

I 100% agree he shouldn't start at Anfield if we go for a midfield 3 I'd be going Herrera, Matic, Fred/Lingard we will need legs at Anfield.

Im pretty certain that neither Pogs or Lukesky will start, but without Pogba there is no creative spark to link the play together - but then if you play him you lose out on a herrera or Lingard who will pressurise all game long.

Tough one, but sod it - this would be my team; - (Rojo only plays if he's at CB and improves on last night)
De Gea
Dalot Bailly Rojo Young

Matic Herrera

Mata
Lingard Martial
Rashford

I've only just come to notice that whatever team we play, whatever formation, the performance is still the same. That is saying to me it's tactics and that is down to Moureen. I don't think Pogba will start at all but he may be quite relieved about that as I think we will get embarrassed this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back