Status
Not open for further replies.
Champions League: Manchester United 0-0 Valencia - 2nd October 2018

People are getting on his case but actually he's the one player who wants to make things happen. But so often he gets the ball and there's no movement ahead of him. Lukaku looks out of shape and just doesn't move.

Tbf this is actually quite amusing. It’s like watching a comedy.

It’s like he’s the only one who’s allowed to pass forward or more accurately has the ability to pass through defensive lines.

Premier League: Manchester United 3-2 Newcastle United - 6th October 2018

Though Pogba was brilliant today. Tireless work rate

That second half performance was brilliant from him.

He can’t play that role every week though needs help.

Paul Pogenbauer take a bow.

Second half he ran the show and lead that team to victory someone else can wear that armband but he’s the one who drives this team and finally with movement in front of him second half he ripped them apart.

Was it his best performance in a United shirt? I’ve read on article call it Robson/Keane/Cantona rolled in to one.

I know many of you hate the stats but to highlight how much work he put in today he ran over a KM more than he has all season. And in the second half alone made twice as many more 20m plus sprints than he has in a game all season. Amazing performance and the real catalyst for the win. Involved in 2 goals playing in a deep lying role and everything revolves around him. Maybe just maybe if he keeps his head down he can be the leader this club so really needs.

Was it his best performance in a United shirt? I’ve read on article call it Robson/Keane/Cantona rolled in to one.

I know many of you hate the stats but to highlight how much work he put in today he ran over a KM more than he has all season. And in the second half alone made twice as many more 20m plus sprints than he has in a game all season. Amazing performance and the real catalyst for the win. Involved in 2 goals playing in a deep lying role and everything revolves around him. Maybe just maybe if he keeps his head down he can be the leader this club so really needs.

Feel that stat could be misleading as he started from much deeper second half so naturally had more ground to cover.

Think it’s up there Arsenal away, Europa League Final, City away are his stand out big games but yesterday he was just incredible.

Don’t think it was all him having more players ahead of him moving helped Mata nipping in between the lines 2 wingers both demanding the ball and full backs pushing up high means Pogba can play as he’s got options.

Are we really going to blame Mourinho for everything? And praise him for nothing? You keep mentioning this different environment. In what environment will Pogba and Martial be better because they aren’t expected to work? They both had their best 45 (20 for Martial) minutes in a United shirt because they decided to stand up and put in some effort. That should be an every god damn day thing that isn’t on Mourinho that’s on them and their poor attitude as people.

The manager is the most important person at a football club. He sets the tone, he determines the identity. I'm repeating myself, but we only have to look at the impact of several managers in their first season at clubs to appreciate the influence of managers. The role of the manager is to bring the best out of the players at their disposal. Is Mourinho doing that? No, far from it. I'm 100% convinced the players would be performing to a higher level in a different/right environment.

The minimum I expect is 100% if you need someone to tempt that out of you then you are not a man utd player in my book

I don't think there's been a game where Pogba hasn't been trying the effort has almost always been there it's the quality of his play that varies wildly even in the games we've lost he's always been looking for the ball and looking to make something happen. For me the thing that changed vs Newcastle was suddenly second half he had movement ahead of him that makes his job so much easier because he has options when he gets the ball.

Martial is a different thing all together that lad hides there's times when he wants to be involved and times when he doesn't could be as simple as after 70 minutes that right back had punched himself out and Martial went to town on him like he used to when he'd come off the bench. Personally feel he's still an impact player off the bench rather than a starter.

Thought he played well today but he’ll be annoyed with the first goal although I’d question why we’d put Pogba on one of their best attackers of set pieces.

Also, I wonder if Lindelof is supposed to switch when you have someone blocking it looks like he called out to Lindelof who hasn’t listened to the call.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-1 Everton - 28th October 2018

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Stop the show pony penalty run up ffs! Otherwise he did really well

Stop the show pony penalty run up ffs! Otherwise he did really well

Have you seen the clip of his penalty run up vs Usain Bolt doing the 100m sprint? Took Pogba 10 seconds to complete his run up ha!

That's 4 penalties this season for Pogba 2 scored 2 saved not the greatest conversion rate but honestly don't see who else could take them apart from Young who used to take them for Villa wouldn't trust anyone else with them.

The run up thing really doesn't bother me it's whatever you are comfortable with and vs Brighton I liked that all of a sudden he just sprinted to take it totally bamboozled the keeper but the one yesterday was just a poor penalty at least the rebound fell to him this time.

The keepers aren't going to move now so he needs to make sure he's hitting the corners because if you don't the more agile keepers can get to penalties now.

The obvious penalty taker in the squad is Mata for me.

Just looking though 10 in 14 on his career.
Lukaku 11 in 16
Herrera 2 in 2
Pogba 8 in 11. So missing is only a recent thing
Martial 7 in 9
Young 5 in 8
Sanchez 3 in 8!!!!!

Are they including penalty shootouts or just in game penalties?

Keepers will save penalties that happens but if you try and be clever with your run ups and be a bit fancy then you have to accept the criticism that comes with that style.

de gea needs to work on pens, he hardly ever saves them.

Vs Bournemouth

Tough start but took control of the game and was an absolute cut above after than ran the show

The one from 2 yards after the Rashford block from Ake.

Never mind Pogba, Rashford had all goal to go for and he hit the ball straight at Ake. Everyone was saying what a great block it was, Rashford just belted it and Ake just happened to be in the way, don't think he knew too much about it

The one from 2 yards after the Rashford block from Ake.

Come on he did everything he could with that it was Rashford who had the chance and missed Pogba just reacted and the guy clears it off the line.

To treat that as a chance is ridiculous.

Created the winner for Rashford to help him make up for this miss ;)

Sorry I can’t be having ‘to treat that as a chance is ridiculous’ - Im backing myself there let alone a £300k a week footballer. Yes he’s got to react quickly but he should be able to. He’ll be disappointed with himself.

Sorry I can’t be having ‘to treat that as a chance is ridiculous’ - Im backing myself there let alone a £300k a week footballer. Yes he’s got to react quickly but he should be able to. He’ll be disappointed with himself.

You wouldn’t even be able to react quick enough to hit it first time it’s come so quick no time to think he’s just angled it towards goal and a guy got back to clear it just it in time. It’s great defending but all Pogba was doing was trying to cover up a bad miss by Rashford.

Rashford had time to pick his spot and decided to smash it at the defender rather than place it I don’t think Pogba had that luxury.

Honestly if that’s what you are picking out from his performance yesterday then clearly he can do no right in your eyes.

I didn’t say he couldn’t do right. I’m a massive Pogba fan. I just fancy myself to react quick enough to put that away. And think any professional footballer should be able to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back