Premier League 0
FA Cup 0
League Cup 0
Champions League 0

Previous Seasons
Paul Pogba | Match Discussion 2017/18
Paul Pogba | Match Discussion thread 2016/17

Premier League: Manchester United 2-1 Leicester City - 10th August 2018

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Lovely penalty and a good all round performance MOTM for me just bossed it in there and created some nice attacks with his passing.

Didn’t look or sound happy post game think the issue with Jose is still there and if he gets the chance to move he will go.

The club would not allow it. Mourinho will go before either him or Martial.

A superb performance and to give 83 minutes out of him after 3-4 days of training is unreal.

Drama out of a crisis etc etc. He's here to stay.

Certainly feel that’s the club stance but if a stupid offer came say £150m from Barca then I think they’d think about it and I re kin Mourinho wants him gone no matter how important he is to us on the pitch. I don’t think it happens by the way as no club has the money to make it happen this summer the only one flush with cash is Madrid. There’s rumours of them cashing in on Modric to Inter they could use that money to bring in Pogba but there’s been no interest at all.

Bit like Coutinho last season wouldn’t rule out a deal in January because it feels like this one is broken beyond repair and Pogba knows Jose isn’t going anywhere so he wants out.

Just hope if he stays past the end of the window he gets his head down and focuses on his football make the best of a bad situation rather than sulk. If he plays like he did Friday we will be fine.

Premier League: Manchester United 0-3 Tottenham Hotspur - 27th August 2018

I hear he was poor?

He mis hit passes again, I’m not sure if he was poor, just not as good as he and his agent would have you believe.

He has a complete lack of football intelligence - he consistently makes bizarre decisions. Awful tonight.

Well down the list of players who should be taking blame last night he was fine did his job it was others that let us down last night.

Pogba's name shouldn't even be mentioned in the list of problems.

What really annoys me is when Pogba finds himself in trouble so often he's got no short pass option our players are awful at moving into space and helping a mate he holds the ball for a few seconds and still no one comes. He's often put himself in this situation with a poor decision which he needs to improve at but this team don't help each other out and way to often Pogba is the only one showing for the ball.

Well down the list of players who should be taking blame last night he was fine did his job it was others that let us down last night.

Pogba's name shouldn't even be mentioned in the list of problems.

What really annoys me is when Pogba finds himself in trouble so often he's got no short pass option our players are awful at moving into space and helping a mate he holds the ball for a few seconds and still no one comes. He's often put himself in this situation with a poor decision which he needs to improve at but this team don't help each other out and way to often Pogba is the only one showing for the ball.

We must have watched a different match. The defense was clearly a shambles, as was Lukaku, but Pogba was still rubbish. He makes so many bad decisions. This craic of holding the ball up and leaning back into players at the side of the pitch, what is the point to it? I know Pogba can be an easy target at times but he deserves flak for performances like last night and Brighton.

he held the ball up doing that stupid thing you said above, then somehow kicked it out of play and blamed Valencia (I think it was). He just made himself look a right clown and he damn well new it hence he blamed Valencia. He just doesn't need to do that stuff, it's playground moves not Premiership football.

We must have watched a different match. The defense was clearly a shambles, as was Lukaku, but Pogba was still rubbish. He makes so many bad decisions. This craic of holding the ball up and leaning back into players at the side of the pitch, what is the point to it? I know Pogba can be an easy target at times but he deserves flak for performances like last night and Brighton.

Must have missed your post in all the other player threads slagging them off.

My point was Pogba was pretty average last night but there were plenty who were below average and didn't do there jobs.

Pogba played no role in the 3 goals we let in, he had a couple of attempts at goal played some good defence splitting passes and some bad ones.. Basically did his job to a reasonable level but he was way down the list of problem players last night.

That is normally because he's got himself in trouble and is waiting for other players to move to help him out and no one bothers to come and help him so he normally tries to just muscle his way out. That one where he passed it out was classic every one stood watching him not thinking Pogba is in trouble I better move into some space and help him out just watching hoping he gets out of trouble Valencia actually moves into a position making himself harder to find. What Pogba did was comical but to me it just summed up what's wrong with this team a lot of the time they don't help each other and a lot of players don't want the ball because they're afraid of what they might do with it.

I said seconds before he took that penalty today, he’ll miss one taking that utterly ridiculous run up and look a cock. Well seconds later I was right!

I said the same but it was more to do with him being in my fantasy football team. I would take him out but I will have to take rashford out first. Needless to say I had a bad week

Another poor show from Pogba really. For me, not even France, he's never done enough to warrant all the world class comments. And he is coming up way short in a united shirt.
He's got to start doing more, stop looking for holywood passes and just play simple.

Forget the run up that's just the way he takes them it was a bad penalty nothing to do with his run up he didn't connect properly and as a result it went low and to close to the keeper who waited and saved a poor penalty. Since he came I think he's taken 4 pens and scored 3 75% conversion which is decent all with the stutter run up. All he's doing is trying to force the keeper to move early, it's a mind game. Hart didn't move but Pogba would still expect to hit the corner and score he just didn't connect properly.

As for his general performance yesterday think it was a 6/10 performance. Utd didn't really play through midfield they used the midfield to protect the defence with Fellaini dropping into a back 3 position a lot and played direct to Lukaku as it was obvious he had the beating in behind. Think he put Lukaku through on goal twice so could easily have walked away with 2 assists and a goal on another day.

The team played well and he's part of the team. The whole world doesn't revolve around Pogba and it's vital that we can win without having to rely on him to be brilliant. If we can win 2-0 at Burnley and batter them without Pogba really having to do much then I'm happy others stepped up yesterday which is what we need.

Whatever you think of pogba he is still far and away our most creative midfield player. Unless we sell him and buy somebody else, don't really know who, for me he is a certain starter. He can be infuriating sure but without we are pretty sterile

I agree, but I stil think the hype and drama around him he and his agent come out with is unwarranted. He is not a 150m player.
Still talk of a Jan exit. Him not being happy etc. Just get on with the football mate and sut up. You might play better.

If we got another body in, I wouldn't too bothered if he left. So he can't be that good

I think when it comes to how good he is the world cup showed surrounded by world class talent he's a very impressive player in a well structured team plus part of his value is the commercial value he brings but the downside of that is it comes with his kn*bhead agent.

Pogba to me has just shut up and got on with it so far this season he's fronted up in the media when he's had to as captain and he hasn't really said anything publically about his problems or wanting to go. However, it's clear he wants out next summer and that means there will be constant ripples of this stuff all season his agents job is to get Pogba the move to get him that move he needs to convince a club to part with a huge chunk of money.

The motivation for Pogba is if he wants to go and he wants to join a club like Barca he needs to show he's good enough with performances on the pitch but if you are playing for a manager that you just can't work with then it's unlikely that things will change.

I personally think all the Barca talk was a bluff I think they like him and the idea of him joining them but unless he starts performing they arent going to spend fortunes.

Re penalties, Pogba's run up to me, stinks of arrogance. You have a show pony run up you'll look a dick when you miss a la yesterday.

I've seen so many different crackpot ways to take a penalty and to me there is still only one good way, the Shearer way.

Pogba should leave the circus act and s**t hair styles at home, stop being a ponce and get on and play football cos he's actually quite good. But as @Mr C says, if he went and got a decent player in I wouldn't miss him if he went. He's certainly not going to go down as a Utd legend at this rate and they certainly means he's no world class player

I think a lot is made up of his run up but I don’t really care that he does his little show pony run up. He’s scored 2 out of 3 so far and yesterday’s penalty wasn’t like he chipped it down the middle, it was a decent penalty which brought a good save. He could have easily done a normal run up and it was saved. It’s swings and roundabouts really.

The best way to take a penalty is to smash it hard into the top corner every time but that's a high risk approach because you get it slightly wrong and it's curtains.

There's a massive mind game element between penalty taker and keeper, the keepers do all sorts of things to put you off normally by delaying the taking of the penalty. The Pogba run up is designed to disarm the keeper because at any moment he can accellerate and take the penalty like he did at Brighton it's very hard to set yourlself and prepare. At the end of the day it's whatever you are comfortable with and what you've practised he's a good penalty taker who happend to take a bad penalty it happens I'd still have him on the next one as we don't have another good penalty taker

Hart decided that because he couldn't go early and gamble he'd try to react to the shot and luckily for him it was a bad penalty that he could reach if Pogba performs the skill perfectly Hart would get nowhere near it as the point of waiting is being able to still hit the corner even if the keeper doesn't move.

We've had 4 games this season Pogba has had 1 man of the match, 1 stinker and 2 ok games yet everyone is losing their mind over it. His choice of hair style has nothing to do with how he plays football it's more a reflection of his personality.

I personally think it's time to move on from him because it's becoming to much of a distraction but if Mourinho was to go and a new manager came in who could get the best out of him then maybe you'd keep him.

Just smash the bloody thing haha

Not sure on the stats backing this up but I think pens are harder to score than they were 20 years ago as the modern keepers are a lot more agile, they're now allowed to move on the line so they can go early and they also have access to watch every pen you've ever taken and study where you are likely to put it and look for clues in your run ups.

That's why I think players do these slow run up styles and almost play chicken with the keeper Hazard is a master at it Pogba just got the execution wrong once he realised Hart wasn't moving the skill is still smashing it hard the corners so he can't get it on Sunday he just didn't connect.

Premier League: Watford 1-2 Manchester United - 15th September 2018

He was good, although he was a little frustrating towards the end of the match.

3 players you have commented on Bob. All average performances. I could name a few more. Lingard, Martial (who just didn't look interested at all) and Valencia to name just 3. We really are Average Utd.

The only player who stood out was the one everyone, including me, wanted to leave. Fellaini.

Only saw first half and he was fantastic unlucky not to score forcing 2 good saves from the keeper and spraying the ball around beautifully.

I hear the second half was more difficult but that’s football.

I thought he had a good game for 70 minutes. Once Watford scored he was awful constantly giving the ball back to them and running in to players offering nothing defensively and putting us on the back foot when the game was screaming out for him to slow things down.

As for Lingard it was hard to notice he was even on the pitch. Someone needs to ban Valencia from standing still because he god damn loves it and Martial should have got an assist but maybe came too early after coming on as he’d only been on the pitch 30 seconds when we got the break away.

I just don’t think Valencia should be on the pitch anymore but that’s a different story.

When Shaw is fit I’d rather see young at RB and hopefully Dalot is ready to take that spot full time next season.

Champions League: Young Boys 0-3 Manchester United - 19th September 2018

Have to say match winning performance granted against weak opposition but this is what we want/need him to do.

Premier League: West Ham United 1-3 Manchester United - 29th September 2018

He'll be wrongly criticised for dwelling on the ball and getting caught in possession, however players' movement around him is static meaning passing options are limited. It's a coaching issue.

He was poor but no poorer than the rest of the team everyone today was dreadful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back