Status
Not open for further replies.
That first goal... Wow! The power and the way that he strikes the ball. People blame the keeper but for me I just think it was a great strike.

That first goal... Wow! The power and the way that he strikes the ball. People blame the keeper but for me I just think it was a great strike.

Keeper messed up for me he's gambled on the cross and Pogba has caught him out it's clever from Pogba as most keepers probably do it all the time but you look silly when someone catches you.

FA Cup: Chelsea 0-2 Manchester United - 18th February 2019

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

towards the end of the Mourinho era a lot of fans wanted him out I was one of them who felt both needed to go but the way he’s playing currently probably justifies him being a bit of a pain in the backside at times.

Have others changed their minds?

Yeah, I thought he needed to go, and to be honest his attitude did stink, and I didn't like it.

But every performance from him puts it further to the back of my mind. He did throw his hands up a few times on Monday when he lost the ball, but I wouldn't swap him for anyone at the moment.

I always felt Jose had to go first as Pogba is difficult but this had only happened under 1 manager before he’d had great relationships with managers in Italy and with the national team he was just the main victim in a very toxic environment under the previous manager.

At this point I’m prepared to forgive and forget but you still know it’s not long before he gets twitchy and start fluttering eye lashes at Spain again.

I wonder if the club will look to give him a new deal this summer.

I think if they want to hang on to him, they need to give a new deal every couple of years unfortunately.

To be honest that protects the club as much as the player years on a contract makes a huge difference to transfer value.

He signed a 6 year deal so no rush still 3 years to go at the end of this season but I think the club will want to get that up to 5 years if they can which ties down his peak years.

Saw a different Pogba today, huge shift defensively and think he lead very well from midfield with the senior midfielders missing.

Saw a different Pogba today, huge shift defensively and think he lead very well from midfield with the senior midfielders missing.

Yep with his two regular team mates gone he played a much more conservative game making sure he protected Shaw as best he could as he knew he wouldn't have a wide forward tracking Milner back.

Battled hard to win balls back and trying to release the forwards whenever he could but without the running in behind of Rashford it was very tough for him.

I think people do him an injustice when they say he can't do that side of the game, he can but I think it's more about utilising his skills going forward and to do that he needs more freedom from those duties. I still think with the right partner he can play in a 2 man midfield but we lose his ability in attack so you need a top class 10 as per the French national team where you have Kante next to him and the attacking talent ahead of him to compensate for him not contributing as much in attack, although he still does a fair bit.

FA Cup: Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Manchester United - 16th March 2019

His form has dropped off in recent weeks.

It has. Partly his own fault, he tends to lose his head a bit when things aren't going his way. Partly the movement around him isn't so good atm.

To be fair to Pogba, he's the only creative midfielder. Teams target United's left hand side suffocating the likes of Pogba and Martial. Improving the right hand side of the team should be the priority in the summer.

I think also we shouldn't overlook fatigue. He's the only creative midfielder so a lot is asked of him. And at the same time his season comes off the back of winning the WC and having a shorter off season. Plus with everything that's gone on this year I bet he's mentally and physically exhausted.

Of course we want better from him but we need to get this guy some more help around him.

FA Cup: Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Manchester United - 16th March 2019

His form has dropped off in recent weeks.

Funnily enough this coincided with him returning to my fantasy team ha.

Sadly when Pogba ticks Utd tick and he’s struggling currently others really need to step up when he’s struggling.

Premier League: Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Manchester United - 2nd April 2019

His form really has dropped off in the last month.

He's not the only one though pretty much everyone has dropped a level or two in the last month I understand he's a massive part of the team he brings players up when he plays well but I think he also drags players down when he plays badly because he basically dictates how we play.

Wolves I think to an extent have his and our number they starve our attack of space they pressure us in midfield and they have 2 clever strikers that link well to unlock us. They are a very well drilled machine in terms of playing style I think they are probably second to only City in terms of organisation all their players know exactly what they are doing.

Last night I have to say fair play to McTominay he tried his best to grab hold of that game.

Another anonymous performance last night and again was outshone by Fred and McTominay. These are the games we need him to really step up but he just doesn’t seem up for the fight which is sad.

Time to cash in? I feel we would be way more dynamic without him. Sure he’s a supreme talent and can do wonderful things but honestly he has been dross for weeks now. He had a good time of it when Ole first came in but he has regressed and doesn’t look like he cares half of the time.

I think if we can get 125 - 150m for him it's time to move him on. But who will pay that, he's not worth it.

The Madrid fans wont put up with it for long.

Part of me says if the money is right we should sell him. Trouble is when he gets it right he can be world class, although getting it right doesn't happen often enough. The other thing is if we are getting rid of several deadwood players and a couple out of contract there is already a lot of transfer activity. We could end up trying to do too much quickly.

it's going to be a long process, we need to get rid of the dead wood and buy youth.

Pogba just doesn't do it enough, and it's jsut to much media coverage about transfers all the time. If he wants to go, let him go. Although he is never going to generate 125m, he's just not at that standard.

Sancho
Wan Bissaka
Declan Rice

players like this, with some acadamy players and take it from there. Hoover up some Ajax players.

this is what I do, forget the short term big names. CB is the one place I would break this rule and buy some quality.

Time to move on. Rebuild a midfield that desperately needs it but time to hit the rest button. On his day he's fantastic but he has too many off days and too many days where he doesn't turn up.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Check this out not sure how this compares to similar players like Eriksen or Bernardo Silva but that is a lot of walking.

His distance covered doesn’t make sense within the stats though. Are others just completely standing still some of the time

He’s the 16th busiest midfielder in the league based on distance covered so can’t be classed as lazy. Something isn’t right there. Also he’s missed a lot of games so would be higher.

He’s the 16th busiest midfielder in the league based on distance covered so can’t be classed as lazy. Something isn’t right there. Also he’s missed a lot of games so would be higher.

I agree something isn’t right. 20 teams but sample size is 79 so only 4 CMs per team.

A lot depends on who they class as a centre mid do they include the number 10s?
How many games do you have to play to be included?
Is that based on overall or per 90 as that can change stats quite a bit.

I don’t think it’s a definitive conclusion but I think there’s definitely something there that he can improve on a bit more intensity to his pressing and running back would help his game but Pogba’s role in the team is to score and create chances his stats for these are incredibly high.

Still maintain he’s taking flack for a lot of his team mates not doing their jobs that stops him doing his for Pogba to thrive you have to be a team who dominates the ball.

I think he’s impossible to replace but unless he’s prepared to wait 2 years and let us build around him I think we have to cash in and build something from scratch. Given he’s already seen us try and do that once and fail I think he’s decided he’s out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back