Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he had a good game. I think he always plays well and seems to get a lot unjust criticism due to his fee.

He had a really good game. I get sick of the criticism he gets every time he makes a mistake. Always probing and trying toveffect the game.

It's a real shame that it wasn't his goal that counted as the winner as that totally changes the narrative around his performance. He'd be the hero, a goal and basically an assist for the first goal, commanding the middle of the pitch taking the ball and creating and also working hard to win it back.

The guy desperately needs a goal. The chances are coming to him but he just can't put them away and I don't think that's ever been a problem for him.

I think it's easy for some to criticise him especially the "banter" culture that exists on social media. Everyone knows that Pogba needs to do better but even having an average season by his standards he's still one of the best players in the country.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great stat BUT he has played a lot more minutes than Henderson and while passing is great it's what you do with it that counts.

Not sure this is the sort of thing the club should be putting out to celebrate as its a meaningless stat

By the same token i would say the majority of hendersons passes are standard passes. Not too many killer through balls

Premier League: Burnley 0-2 Manchester United - 23rd April 2017

True but most people use stats that measure per game rather than total number

Just think it's a small time thing that the club shouldn't really be boasting about as it's a meaningless stat.

Decent performance today hope he only came off as a precaution and we haven't broken him again

Outstanding today. Hope it was just a case of cramp having played 210 mins in last 3 days.

Yeah was surprised Rashford came on today but I guess with the options he had off the bench he didn't have much choice as squad is down to the bare bones.

Speaking of Rashford both him and Pogba had shots saved by heaton but no corner given both looked obvious saves

Premier League: Manchester City 0-0 Manchester United - 27th April 2017

Yep, he was missed.

Need him back asap. That midfield looks poor without him. And even more needed now that fellaini's got himself sent off.

People who question his ability just watch that game the difference he makes is now obvious Utd couldn't do anything in midfield without him

As I told the boys down the club, people quick to criticise him but he was a big miss tonight. Expect more goals and assists from him but hit the woodwork 5+ times, team mates missed some glorious passes he's played too. With Rashford and Martial in attack, missed his quality most tonight, missed his ability to play passes in behind defence, others tried tonight but easily read and stopped.

Europa League: Celta Vigo 0-1 Manchester United - 4th May 2017

He was class.

Class act tonight.

The difference he makes to this team is so blatant now he's missed a few matches.

Drove the team forward and helped create some good chances especially the Mkhitaryan one vs one

His influence on the team has been made all the more obvious after his spell out of the side.

One of his best games for us - really had us ticking and his performance warranted more goals from us but for the usual slack finishing.

Thought he was superb tonight, could have had a couple of assists if our finishing was better, few of the lads down the pub been moaning about him all season but my god we don't half miss him when he don't play, just the way he turns midfielders, carries the ball 20/30 years and always looking for a forward pass, rarely see him playing it backwards, plus his spreading of the play is the best we have had since Scholes.

Played very well tonight and can just see him getting better and better now, especially if we do qualify for CL and he has a few world class players around him next year.

Saw an interesting stats breakdown of his season he's created 75 chances in the league which has returned 4 assists, in terms of chances created he's up with the best of them but the guys who lead the assist stats De Bruyne & Fabregas play in teams who convert much more of their chances.

I think the better players we put around him the better he will become. He's to good for this team right now and you can see his frustrations at times with his team mates, either not making runs or making sloppy passes.

He's clearly running at close to the limit physically it's ridiculous that he's started every Europa League game this season and he's only missed a few league/cup games but if he can stay at this level to the end of the season we can hopefully finish strong and win the Europa League.

I think the fact he stayed on the bench for the full game yesterday showed how much Mourinho cared about the result. If it was only 1-0 with 20 minutes to go he might have chucked him on but at 2-0 he clearly decided it wasn't really worth the risk.

As I've said the better the team gets around him the better I think he will become.

I think the fact he stayed on the bench for the full game yesterday showed how much Mourinho cared about the result. If it was only 1-0 with 20 minutes to go he might have chucked him on but at 2-0 he clearly decided it wasn't really worth the risk.

As I've said the better the team gets around him the better I think he will become.

Yeah I'm with you here. We sorely missed that big physical presence in midfield and the ability to turn defense in to attack. And against Arsenal that may have been the difference.

What is good though is that we are about to say that he was missed on Sunday. That to me is a sign that he really is growing in importance and starting to become the player we all hope he can be.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-0 Crystal Palace - 21st May 2017

Warmed up for Wednesday very nicely. I know a lot of people expect more and that's fair but he's still been one of our best performers this season. He's not flopped. His goals and assists should be double what they are, next season hopefully players will finish the chances he creates and his shots will be that bit more accurate for the ball to go in the back of the net instead of crashing back off the woodwork. On top of that a rest this summer and a full pre-season will stand him in good stead to be even better next season.

He was immense today. His pass for the harrop goal was orgasmic. Good that mourinho took him off in the first half. Need him fresh and rested for the final.

Europa League: Ajax 0-2 Manchester United - 24th May 2017

Thought he played well tonight too. Shame Rashford's set up for him didn't give him a better chance at a second goal. That Davinson Sanchez at 20 was awesome!

Pogba was brilliant tonight. Controlled our midfield as well as possible with us having so little possession. He will get even better next season.

Delighted for him. Had to spend a number of months watching his father's health decline and then lost him just a few weeks ago. During this, he's had a lot of criticism and tonight he can smile having scored (a heavily deflected) goal that won us a trophy.

Great performance, I really like Pogba. After the minutes silence he ran over to the united fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back