Paul Pogba: I wish United would attack, attack, attack at home

I'll tell you what... If Pogba goes as a result of this then that's a complete joke. I get that no player is bigger than the club but you have to be realistic about the future. And the future is Pogba being a part of United whereas Jose won't be.

I'll tell you what... If Pogba goes as a result of this then that's a complete joke. I get that no player is bigger than the club but you have to be realistic about the future. And the future is Pogba being a part of United whereas Jose won't be.

I think the future is neither. Mourinho probably needs to go but so does Pogba we can't have a player who can flex that sort of muscle at the club it's not healthy and his performances on the pitch don't give him that privelage. Ronaldo & Messi can throw that sort of weight around at their clubs but they are delivering serious numbers that make them worth the hassle Pogba has one good game one bad one.

It just hasn't worked out with him and I'm done with all the excuses dropping him solves nothing he's still our best outfield player and creates almost all our attacking chances but I'd tell him and his agent you can go in the summer this is the price you're not going another PL team go and get me an offer and you'll be gone on the 1st July in exchange stop this PR nonsense and get on with your football.

But is Pogba just too much of a problem? He is obviously a big character but seems to love his social media, footballing lifestyle more so than the actual football. That’s the impression I get from the outside anyway.

Personally Jose isn’t really doing much for us but I can’t really see any stand out replacements around there. There is obviously good managers about but they are either taken or very much in the Jose mould. Think we are stuck where we are for a while unless the board think Jose is causing an atmosphere like he did at Chelsea. Obviously if it’s just Pogba who has a problem then deal with that problem but if it’s a cohort of players then we have real problems.

Pogba and his agent are disruptive and self centred. It's very likely all this is being casued by Pogba and his agent because he promised him a move to Barca.
If Pogba cannot respect a coach of Jose's pedigree it will be difficult to find one he would respect. It's clear he wants out no matter who the manager is and he is being a child trying to get his own way

Pogba and his agent are disruptive and self centred. It's very likely all this is being casued by Pogba and his agent because he promised him a move to Barca.
If Pogba cannot respect a coach of Jose's pedigree it will be difficult to find one he would respect. It's clear he wants out no matter who the manager is and he is being a child trying to get his own way

Worth casting your mind back 12 months to when Mourinho wanted his new contract.

Him and his agent used the exact same tactics to strong arm Utd into giving him a new deal just 12 months into a 3 year deal they linked him with PSG and Mourinho even said things about how he couldn't commit and maybe Paris one day the usual guff.

All the reports in Barcelona are they were never seriously in for Pogba the only offer made to Utd was when Utd were looking to buy Mina Barca offered us Mina & Gomes in exchange for Pogba and were told to shuv it where the sun don't shine. The Barca stuff to me stank of the usual tactic of use a link to another club to get a new contract Pogba's options really are limited unless his performances on the pitch improve if he can do that it's really win win as we get the benefit of him playing well then we can get rid of him this summer.

This is nothing against Pogba this is just the way the game is played now all the top players are at it and it sucks balls that it's this way but it is what it is.

There might be similarities, but Pogba and his agent are undermining the club and how it run. Rumour is the board have now had enough of him too and are open to selling. So it looks like Rioala's tactics have worked. Another good reason to get rid of Lukaku too.

There might be similarities, but Pogba and his agent are undermining the club and how it run. Rumour is the board have now had enough of him too and are open to selling. So it looks like Rioala's tactics have worked. Another good reason to get rid of Lukaku too.

Again Mourinho used the great start to last season to try and get his contract there's no doubt in my mind that destabilise things last season and it was done publically for his own personal gain not to benefit the club. The two of them have played the exact same game to get what they want they are just as bad as each other.

The Mourinho vs Pogba stuff apparently goes back to last September when Pogba was injured vs Basle. Mourinho wasn't happy that Pogba was working with his own personal trainer as he felt he was overloading himself as the clubs medical team tailor every session to maximise recovery and he feels he was proven right when Pogba did his hamstring and was out for 2 months. This started things off and they've never really recovered from there Mourinho apparently wanted a clean slate this season and offered him the vice captaincy as an olive branch but Pogba's side aren't happy but it's not really known if they 100% want the move or if they're just trying to get a better contract.

they defo want a move, Raiola promised him a move to Spain after 3 years. The guy is a bad egg, which is why I think Lukaku should go too, and I don't like him as a player ;-)

But in this time I don't respect Jose for what he's done because it's in the past and his philosophy is outdated. That's clear for everyone to see I think.

Let me get this straight, you are happy for Pogba to keep uunsettling the club via press releases becasue you don't like Jose's football? What if Pogba doesnt like the next manager? Do we just let him choose one?

Pogba is spot on but I don’t agree with his behaviour and the public statements, however Mourinho hasn’t been adverse to throw players under the bus in public.

It doesn't matter what Pogba thinks of Jose. He's a Manchester United employee and Mourinho is his boss. He lacks respect for authority and the club.

If Fergie was still in charge he'd never wear the shirt again regardless of who he is.

And he’d have the backing of the chairman/chief exec or whatever they are called now

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So seems like the little spat in training was about this video on Instagram from Pogba. Guess it may have been when we are losing and Jose is unhappy? It’s all getting very unpleasant.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Let me get this straight, you are happy for Pogba to keep uunsettling the club via press releases becasue you don't like Jose's football? What if Pogba doesnt like the next manager? Do we just let him choose one?
I'm happy for Pogba to say what so many are thinking yes. I'm sick of hearing the same nonsense from players and managers when we know that it's BS.

I've seen the video. See you later Pogba. I'd have him playing for the U23's this week.

Jose took a pop at Pogba in public and Pogba defends himself in public. Jose has not taken into account in any way that Pogba is verbalising what many fans are feeling. Pogba said nothing that was personal or vindictive towards Jose , he's simply questioned his tactics and echoed what a large number of pundits have been saying too. It's a valid point he's making. And what did Pogba do anyway? Yes , he gave away the ball. Any player can do that. It looked to me that Pogba was doing what he always tries to do , use his physical strength to hold off a player and maybe beat him and attack. Isn't that what we bought him for ? To use one of his strengths (physicality) to influence the game?

Maybe if he had something to say to Jose then he should have said it in the dressing room , but the precedent has been set by Jose. He needs to set the example and show unity and not criticise players or isolate players IN PUBLIC. Then maybe he wouldn't get criticised IN PUBLIC. Jose is a rank hypocrite. He wouldn't stand for Woodward criticising him in public (he'd probably walk) he asks the press for "respect" and yet he sees fit to do it to Pogba and effectively blame him for that goal (and Shaw in the past ). Pah!

As the Dutch say.......If you put your bum near to the fire then you better be prepared to sit on your blisters.

I'm assuming you thinking is along the lines of 'Good. It's about time someone made it clear to Pogba he isn't bigger than the club and needs to fall in line and get his talking done on the pitch and stop causing issue's off of it'

It will come as no surprise to you that that's not what I'm thinking. Strangely though I agree in theory. I'm generally for the idea of bringing people into line. I thought Fergie was right with the fall outs with Keane, Ince , Beckham. Players can get too big for their boots and Fergie needed to do what he did.

What you are missing here are two things. Karma and context. The karma of this whole thing has been building for months and months and years even. At this club Jose has been abrasive , moody , publicly critical of players , defensive and just generally unhappy and not the same guy as the past Jose we all remember. He brings with him all these things and what goes around comes around. Do you really think that this whole situation of public discontent , fall outs and criticism is a coincidence? It comes with the man. It was there within Jose before Pogba even arrived.

And context. This man comes with history. It's as if you have forgotten about the Chelsea debacle and how he lost the dressing room. I knew last year that this moment would come. Watch it slowly unravel now before your eyes.

He 'lost the Chelsea dressing room' because Hazard was being unprofessional and sleeping with the club physio. Hazard has come out publically and said he let Mourinho down and feels out of order for his sacking. Context is a massive thing as you say.

The fact you guys think Pogba laughing at the United side losing is acceptable is actually beyond belief. It's borderline ridiculous. If you don't respect your manager that's one thing to do that to your team mates? Get the hell out of here. He's disrespected the club, his manager, his team mates and the fans. But that's acceptable in your eyes. I'd happily go Fred Matic Herrera until he makes a public apology to his team mates.

I agree, this has nothing to do with Jose out brigade.

Pogba’s actions are disgraceful and he needs putting in line

The fact you guys think Pogba laughing at the United side losing is acceptable is actually beyond belief. It's borderline ridiculous. If you don't respect your manager that's one thing to do that to your team mates? Get the hell out of here. He's disrespected the club, his manager, his team mates and the fans. But that's acceptable in your eyes. I'd happily go Fred Matic Herrera until he makes a public apology to his team mates.

The fact you think this is what actually happened is ridiculous the video was posted when the team were 1-0 up in support of the team, it was delayed from being seen due to internet at old trafford being awful.

Do you really think our players are that stupid they'd do something like that? Are You going to suggest we bin Shaw and Periera to for being in the video?

This video wasn't even being talked about until the club let the camera in to film training and they caught the bust up where Mourinho was trying to tell Pogba to leave training it seems that it was all cleared up and was a misunderstanding as the club posted photos from training showing that Pogba stayed and trained.

There's no winners here it's not one or the other it's both they need to go Pogba should be sold in the summer if he wants to go and Mourinho needs to go as well as he's just not taking us forward partly because of the way he is but also because it's obvious the club won't give him what he wants. If we continue with that plan we will just keep going round in a circle we need someone who can get more out of what is there.

Every ex pro footballer that's spoken about the situation has blamed Pogba and sided with Mourinho. Murphy said his team mates will have started to lose respect for him and his behaviour. Bellamy said 'I'll tread carefully but there's only one side you can fall on'.

As for the video being posted at 1-0 I was only going with the SkySports timeline they showed after the Liverpool vs Chelsea game where they spent the best part of 45 minutes talking about it.

You say there are no winners and losers in all this but at the moment the loser is the club. Pogba is damaging the clubs reputations by continuously undermining it.

Every ex pro footballer that's spoken about the situation has blamed Pogba and sided with Mourinho. Murphy said his team mates will have started to lose respect for him and his behaviour. Bellamy said 'I'll tread carefully but there's only one side you can fall on'.

As for the video being posted at 1-0 I was only going with the SkySports timeline they showed after the Liverpool vs Chelsea game where they spent the best part of 45 minutes talking about it.

You say there are no winners and losers in all this but at the moment the loser is the club. Pogba is damaging the clubs reputations by continuously undermining it.

100% Pogba is behaving in a way that's dragging the club down but so is the manager my point is it's not a 1 way street and it's really a simple decision for the club. Replace 1 manager or replace 10 players you know which one they'll go for first. He's one of a number of players over the last 5 years who have absolutely taken the p*ss with their attitude really the only way that's controlled now is changing management and freshening things up every few years.

People used to say no one is bigger than the club under Fergie but they really missed the point of that Fergie was the club no player was ever allowed to get bigger than him, as he couldn't let that happen. Well in the post Fergie world reality is the most important people at the club are the players and not the manager. The entire thing flipped on it's head over 20 years of Ferguson we were the only club still running the boss is the boss model.

Mourinho has picked fights with players previously and it has always led to his downfall now these are likely fights that needed to be picked but sadly it's only ended one way for him. It cost him his job at Chelsea twice and his job at Madrid.

Something has to give with the whole situation really, if they don’t like each other then fine but be professional about it. Sure many people strongly dislike their boss but you still have to do your job at the end of the day.

Pogba is playing a dangerous game if he wants out, there is no guarantee clubs will pay what we would ask for him. Plus would Barca want him? He doesn’t seem like an amazing fit for them, they are about high intensity, hard work and pressing. Pogba doesn’t really fit that ilk. We would never sell him to City and PSG are still going through their FFP stuff. Real? Maybe. Juve? Don’t think they’d go back for him.

It probably doesn’t make good business sense to sack Jose because of his monster contract and the fact we would have to pay him off. Who knows how this pantomime will end. But it sure is peeing me off.

City wouldn't go near Pogba all the while they have Pep and he has Riaola.

To be honest, he's just not worth the money we would want. As Carragher said, how can you have a player who plays brilliantly and scores a beauty on Wednesday, then make a calamaty that causes a goal and a draw 3 days later. He's a joke of a player really.

I can see any of the big clubs wanting him at all. Swap him for Kane. Not even Spurs would want that clown

City wouldn't go near Pogba all the while they have Pep and he has Riaola.

To be honest, he's just not worth the money we would want. As Carragher said, how can you have a player who plays brilliantly and scores a beauty on Wednesday, then make a calamaty that causes a goal and a draw 3 days later. He's a joke of a player really.

I can see any of the big clubs wanting him at all. Swap him for Kane. Not even Spurs would want that clown

City have gone away from signing big names they learnt from Robinho, Tevez, Adebayor that it’s a big risk project attracting player with money. Instead they’ve gone for younger hungry players and it’s paying off big time players who want to step up to the next level they pay them good money but they aren’t offering silly contracts straight away.

Funny thing about Saturday is everyone remembers the mistake in the build up to the goal they ignore the beautiful touch to create the chance for Fred.

I think PSG is our best hope if we want a big fee but I still think the play here is remove Mourinho get a new manager in and see if he can get the players working together. The divide and conquer method has failed with these players but there’s 25 of them and 1 of him in modern football a manager can’t control 25 players unless he’s winning every week.

I agree, this has nothing to do with Jose out brigade.

Pogba’s actions are disgraceful and he needs putting in line

Mourinho criticises his players in public. He singles out individuals in public. He’s even criticised his own “ manager” Woodward IN PUBLIC and dared to question Woodward’s financial strategy IN PUBLIC ( eg not giving him more money). When these things happen no one jumps on Mourinho the way many are jumping on Pogba for criticising his own manager in public. Surely those who think that Pogba should be keep in line should also think that Woodward should keep Jose in line? Woodward is Jose’s boss remember. Since when has how much money is made available for players got anything to do with Jose?

Many sided with Jose and implied that Woodward was an idiot for not giving him more money for a centre half ( after Jose had already wasted money buying two not good enough in Bailly and Lindehof). But Jose was still undermining Woodward in public. Well I happen to think Jose is an idiot for not updating his defensive philosophies and happen to think Pogba is making a very relevant point about how we play at home. Pogba is more in line with the true footballing identity of this club than Jose. Why should he sit back and be made some fall guy to deflect from Jose’s failings and crap tactics?

You can’t think Pogba is “disgraceful” for undermining Mou without also having a big problem with Mou undermining Woodward. Woodward has a financial strategy and Jose questioned it.

The bigger context is that this would not be happening if Jose wasn’t here. This sort of stuff isn’t happening at our big rivals . The man courts antagonism and negativity. You can see it in his eyes. His ego has taken over from his wisdom. He bought Pogba , that’s the irony , and yet he’s never looked like he would really give him the same chance as he got at Juve (or with France ) to be the player he can be for us. Pogba makes one mistake v Wolves and Mou jumps on his star player and isolates him in public. Jose must be naive if he thinks that that is not going to %#£& Pogba off. Why do it then? It’s appalling man management. You don’t criticise players in public. It’s demeaning and de motivating and being the manager does not give you the right to do it. If my manager did it to me I’d be furious. If Woodward did it to Jose then he’d retaliate. If Jose hadn’t done what he did then probably Pogba would not have retaliated. Jose puts his bum in the fire and then wonders why he has to sit on his blisters.

Jose STARTED all this in motion not Pogba and don’t anyone forget it. He’s been at this game long before Pogba got involved. Pogba stays IMO Jose out and quick. This is a battle for the footballing soul of this club. We are ultimately not a Jose type club and he was always a stop gap from the start. A square peg in a round hole in a panic to succeed.

Well your opinion goes against practically every pro. And yes I do blame Woodward, for not spending money when we are the richest club, they would rather line their own pockets. And I also blame for this mess, he hired Jose, this not new, we all know what he is like, this is why Charlton didn’t want him. But that doesn’t mean a player can undermine the club every time he speaks. Woodward needs to call Riaola in and tell him to shut his client up or he will be sold. If we can actually find anyone to take a trouble making average footballer for a high fee. I said somewhere else, I would get rid of both them at the same time as a message.

The ex players some of them who are ex managers will normally stand on the side of the manager especially the british players because most of them came up in that culture. Pogba is allowed to have a voice he was given that responsibility when he basically was put forward as captain he is the big name that the media want to speak to it's becoming more common in all sports now big name players being comfortable giving their opinions. He has over stepped the mark but then so has the manager in some of the things he has said against the players in the last few years although he's stopped that this season.

Pogba seems to be the one speaking on behalf of the players. However, there's also some other bits coming through it seems to have become quite obvious that he no longer wants to be at the club and he's using this platform to get that message out. We don't know if that's just I don't want to be here period or I don't want to be here and work with Mourinho and both seem to be pushing for the club to make a decision of it's him or me.

I think Mourinho has backed down and offered the olive branch since the summer but it seems like Pogba isn't interested in it right now and it really was only a matter of time before things exploded again.

Pogba is a vital player to this team but for whatever reason we don't get consistency from him that is partly down to Pogba but it seems Mourinho is the manager who's struggled the most with him I don't recall Conte, Allegri, Blanc or Deschamp having to much bad word to say about him.

And yes I do blame Woodward, for not spending money when we are the richest club, they would rather line their own pockets.

But its not about whether you disagree with him or not. I happen to think you have a point but that's not the issue here. He is the Chairman and his job is to manage the clubs finances. If Jose disagrees and wants to challenge that in public then presumably you would say that's out of order?

What you can't say that it's Ok for Jose to publicly criticise Woodward's financial strategy in public but then say it's not Ok for Pogba to publicly criticise Jose's football strategies in public. There's either a chain of command or there isn't. You can't have it both ways.

Pogba is a vital player to this team but for whatever reason we don't get consistency from him

There is a reason. Jose's negative tactics and inability to create a consistent flowing footballing style within his team. Klopp is doing it. Pep is doing it. Jose is not.

in many ways I hope we do get new coach so you can see it's the quality of the players that is the problem Pogba is not as good as he tells everyone he is. He is not even as good as Henderson ffs.

As for Jose, he is the spokesperson for the club, he is the manager, he does the interviews, Woodward hired him knowing he spouts off in the press room. Him talking in the press and Pogba talking are two different things, not the same at all and nothing to do with chain of command. I understand Jose would love someone else to do all the press stuff, but he has to do it.

Woodward should never have hired him, and it's Woodwards fault we'll be on our 4th manager in 5 years

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back