Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A bit gutted, I love patrice, but I guess he wants to play football so no big deal. I'd like him to come back to the club in some capacity

Find this a really weird signing they've already got a good left back (probably better than Evra) in Creswell and Evra made comments previously that he didn't enjoy his time under Moyes at Utd basically saying if he'd known Moyes was leaving he'd never have agreed to join Juventus.

I guess needs must in his case given what he did he is lucky a Prem club will go near him.

Find this a really weird signing they've already got a good left back (probably better than Evra) in Creswell and Evra made comments previously that he didn't enjoy his time under Moyes at Utd basically saying if he'd known Moyes was leaving he'd never have agreed to join Juventus.

I guess needs must in his case given what he did he is lucky a Prem club will go near him.

Might be wrong but wasn't that Vidic saying that about moving to Inter. Probably both.

To be fair I can't imagine him having many offers after booting the Marseille fan, no huge club will be going after him as obviously on the wrong end of 35 now lol can't see many bigger clubs than West Ham offering him anything and chance to come back to England where he absolutely loved, all the best Uncle Pat, absolutely hero so fingers crossed he can prolong his career for an extra year or so, why not.

Plus he might be looking at a return to OT as well where normally I would say the reception would be superb (but at the minute it depends if the prawn sandwich brigade can be bothered to get off their backsides and clap).

Might be wrong but wasn't that Vidic saying that about moving to Inter. Probably both.

Vidic claimed he wouldn't have signed a pre contract at Inter if he knew Moyes was going as those two really didn't get on, it was the whole "this is what Jagielka would do" speech that last Vidic & Rio as they were both much better players than Jagielka, plus he over worked them in training against the advice of their physios and both ended up being injured.

Evra said somewhere a few years later he wouldn't have given his word to Juve if he'd known Moyes was off but I always thought that was a bit of pandering to the fans as it might have been in an interview he did with a fanzine or something like that.

His transfer was a strange one because he had agreed to join Juventus when his contract ended but Utd had a 1 year option on the contract so he couldn't sign anything even though he was free to talk to them. Utd were stalling on activating it which annoyed Evra hence why he agreed the move, I think he knew the writing was on the wall as Moyes was desperately trying to sign Baines the summer he took over. When Utd knew they'd secured the deal for Shaw that summer, they agreed to let Evra go to Juventus but Juventus had to pay a small fee around £2m to stop Utd from activating that 1 year clause on the deal, which I think really p*ssed off Evra as he thought after nearly 10 years service he deserved better than that.

I think he left 1 year to early he should've been there to help Shaw through his first year at the club before leaving especially as Shaw was only 18 and would take time to settle BUT we could all see his time in the Prem was done he couldn't hack the speed anymore and while he could get forward he couldn't get back quick enough.

Classic Evra.

Strange transfer on all levels really, thought Evra was done after the kicking incident and to be honest he has experience but in his last season with Juventus he was woeful. You could see in the latter stages with us he was done. So, I don’t think he is going to add much to the West Ham side and if he is first choice replacing Cresswell, then from the English player point of you it’ll be bad.

Yeah I think it's probably a case of he thought that was him done and this offer has come out of nowhere, chance to play for an extra 6 months and have a bit of fun in his favourite league before calling it a day.

From a West Ham point of view its a strange one as you say but I think from Evra's point of view its a bit of a no brainer.

I think Creswell has had some injury problems in recently so maybe they're just getting him in as a backup and possibly even as a bit of a squad morale boost or after the recent controversy regarding that recruitment fella not wanting to sign Africans maybe they've decided they better sign a black guy even if he is French.

Vidic claimed he wouldn't have signed a pre contract at Inter if he knew Moyes was going as those two really didn't get on, it was the whole "this is what Jagielka would do" speech that last Vidic & Rio as they were both much better players than Jagielka, plus he over worked them in training against the advice of their physios and both ended up being injured.

From Ferdinand's book:

DNLDlCqW4AU0JVy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back