1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ozil on a free?

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumour Mill' started by jsp, Sep 14, 2017.

1. jsp

jsp Well-Known Member

Wenger clarifies Ozil situation amid Man United claims - Football365

I mean on a free I'd definetely take him and in Mourinho I feel we've got a manager who'd be tough with him and use him properly not just give him total freedom to do what he wants but this one feels like agent talk trying to get Arsenal back to the table.

I think he will sign a new deal at Arsenal.

2. jsp

jsp Well-Known Member

Reports today that we might move for Ozil in Janaury.

I mean he'd give us more attacking options and he is a fine player that I trust Mourinho to get the best out of rather than indulge in the way Wenger does plus assuming we're still in Champions League he'd be free to play for us as I believe players who move from Europa League clubs to Champions League clubs in January are allowed to be registered.

Still feels to me like an agent trying to get Arsenal back to the negotiating table.

If this deal is on the table I'd want to see Utd get it done 1st Janaury don't let it drag out lets have him for the whole month.

3. Sideshow Bob

Sideshow Bob Avatar & New Members Forum Mod

Who would he replace in the current team - Mkhitaryan or Mata?

4. maxt7

maxt7 Well-Known Member

I agree with JSP we wanna see the Real Madrid Ozil at Old Trafford. Not this weird lazy love child Wenger has created at Arsenal. I think if Jose can get that Ozil back he'd be a great addition.

Wenger will probably have to sell Ozil if Alexis is gonna walk for free in the summer. No club could let both go for nothing. Plus Ozil hasn't really been playing a lot lately. Maybe his injured or maybe it's a fall out behind the scenes. Either way I get the feeling Ozil wants to leave. But would Wenger sell to us though? Or would we have to pay more then another club to get the deal done?

In terms of who Ozil replaces I'd say Mata. Think he will probably go back to Spain in the summer. He's been one of our best players during the leanest spell of the last few seasons. But I think his probably done at the end of the year. But a great servant no doubt.

5. jsp

jsp Well-Known Member

He'd replace Mata in that he'd start as the number 10 vs all the weaker sides with Mhiki out wide then in bigger games he'd probably be on the bench depending on the tactics Mourinho was deploying.

He's a better player than Mata but both have the same flaw which is defensively they aren't great, but I don't think Mourinho would feel he has to play him in every game as at Utd. He'd be a big fish amongst a group of big fishes so he'd have to earn his spot.

At Arsenal both him and Sanchez get away with murder. Poor performances aren't punished by the manager.

Weirdly I reckon Ozil suites City better than us and Sanchez suits us better than City.

6. Sideshow Bob

Sideshow Bob Avatar & New Members Forum Mod

7. jsp

jsp Well-Known Member

My only real reservation with him is he's 29 now are we getting him at his best or past his best?

The way he's played in the last year would suggest the latter but he really looks to have fallen out of love with football at Arsenal he still looks a good player when he plays for Germany.

I think he's a much better option as the number 10 than Mhiki or Mata this guy has kind of defined the position in the modern era and with the movement of Lukaku, Rashford, Martial he could make a real difference plus I don't think Mourinho will let him indulge in his bad habits he will know if he's not putting in the work he's getting hooked.