Our Strikers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diggy

So we have Rooney,Macheda,Berbatov,Owen,Chicharito,Diouf,Welbeck do we need an additional striker and which of the youngsters is likely to see no action next season ?

Will Owen play any part in our title aspirations next season ?

I believe that the attackers will be Rooney, Berba, Owen, Chicharito and Kiko. Welbeck and Diouf should be borrowed. And I think this will be good for them.

Owen wanted to transform the SAF into a Supersub, and I think this will be his role this season.

Nevertheless, I think that United will continue using the 4-5-1 (or 4-3-3 if you prefer) with Rooney as Sole striker, then I think the team has good depth in this sector.

If Chicharito doesn't meet the expectations, Berbatov doesn't get better than last season and Rooney still "overwhelmed", I'm sure that Fergie Will go after another striker in january.

There's no reason why any of the other strikers can not force their way into the team. Obviously Rooney is the first name on the sheet but if Berba's not scoring, there are others who are now capable of taking his place, hopefully this pushes Berba on to be better, loving the potential competition upfront this season.

with Welbeck almost sure to be loaned out and Diouf also likely...we'll have Rooney, Berbatov, Owen, Macheda and Hernandez...that's a pretty good lineup really, plus we also have Joshua King, Ajose and Will Keane doing brilliantly in the reserves and youth teams..i think the strikers are currently our best covered position.

I think that Diouf will not play any part for our title race. I like him very much but I think with Rooney, Berba, Owen and Hernandez as our four main strikers Macheda and Wellbeck look more confident to play then Diouf.

I don´t think that we need another "big" striker this Season!... I would like to see a good middfielder come over to us!

KaWolken said:
I think that Diouf will not play any part for our title race. I like him very much but I think with Rooney, Berba, Owen and Hernandez as our four main strikers Macheda and Wellbeck look more confident to play then Diouf.

I don´t think that we need another "big" striker this Season!... I would like to see a good middfielder come over to us!
Thats just ridiculous.

I like Diouf more than Kiko and Welbeck as players at the moment. But they're all different strikers. I think Diouf is very aggressive in his running and I like that, he's quick and good in the air.

Diouf offers Physicality that none of our other strikers show, he's a big, strong lad...but i still think Diouf neeeds a season of regular football in the prem...Macheda is opnly 18 so no real hurry for him...

Personally, Chicharito should be eased into the Prem, I think Rooney shouldn't be thrown in against Chelsea after just one appearance against a League of Ireland XI, no one knows how much time he will get on Wednesday either.

we might see Berba and Macheda start against Newcastle if Fergie thinks Wayne isn't ready, and Javier and Rooney on the bench

Rooney & Berba: World Class, Berba needs a proper system
Owen: Only good enough in the right games
Macheda, Welbeck & Chich: Some of the best youngsters in the world.
Diouf: Has great potential, needs a bit more time before I would call him top class youngster...

I'd say we have what we need. Welbeck will come back improved, and owen can go in the summer, doesn't play anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back