One signing in January?

Red Warrior

Just read an interview today, Jose says he doesn't think we'll sign anyone in Jan but if we do it'll only be the one player

jsp

I don’t expect anyone to come in unless there’s a player desperate to get out of his club for some reason.

Probably best to wait until the summer anyway.

Mr C

the time to back Jose was last summer, any money spent this winter, without a DoF is just more waste.

IDFD

Isco. Desperate to leave Madrid has fallen out with management and senior club figures. He’s a star name and exactly the sort of signing we’ll make for the sake of it....though that said I would love him if we could fit him somewhere in a system.

Ben Townsend

In a dream world Mbappe or Varane, in a parallel universe - both of them !

On a serious note, if Mou is still here for that window then we wont be buying anybody, 100% nailed on.

jsp

Isco. Desperate to leave Madrid has fallen out with management and senior club figures. He’s a star name and exactly the sort of signing we’ll make for the sake of it....though that said I would love him if we could fit him somewhere in a system.
Switch to 4-4-2 diamond since we have no wingers with Isco at the tip of the diamond.

Like you say a fantastic player but where does he fit in signing him now would be like Mata & Sanchez the two previous Jan signings who made more problems rather than solve any of them.

I’d love us to sign a proper right back but my guess is they might go in for Alderwiereld.

Ben Townsend

Juan Foyth has been criticised along with Poch following the loss to Arsenal, so would this mean Alderweireld would be straight back in the side ? if not then looks like a possible signing for us ?

I think if we were going to make one signing in January it would likely be a centre back. Don’t think we’d be getting Alderweireld in January but I know we’ve been linked with Milenkovic at Fiorentina so he would be a possibility. It would instantly toughen up our defence. Being Serbian he has been touted as the next Vidic.

IDFD

Alderwierald and Poch are at logger heads because he won’t sign the deal.

Mr C

Buying just one player in Jan puts too much pressure on them.

We need to write this season off. Get in a DoF and a coach. Don't expect anything out of the season. Let the coach and DoF study what we have in the squad and in the youth team for the next 6 months. Get a 3 year plan of action to together with incoming and outgoing players and stick to it.

I would buy no one until new management has assesed their needs.

jsp

The most important appointment the club could make in January is a proper football director to get on top of all this as the board clearly arent up to making these decisions.