Omar Elabdellaoui

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Agent confirms Man United interested in his client tonight, defender possibly joining

Claims have emerged in the British media that Manchester United are interested in signing Omar Elabdellaoui from Greek club Olympiakos this evening. The 24 year old is no stranger to Manchester, having been with Manchester City for a couple of years earlier on in his career.

He's a right back, and signed for the Greek club in 2014, Elabdellaoui is also a Norwegian international. There would be no problem on a work permit, with Norwegians not required to get one.

Normally we'd dismiss this immediately as end of window nonsense, but SDNA say they've spoken to the player's agent Jim Solbakken, who has confirmed the Manchester United interest. SDNA also tried to get confirmation from Olympiakos, but the club wouldn't provide a confirmation or denial.

Solbakken is quoted as saying: The interest of Manchester United is in place. Please, we'll see what happens during the night."

Freddie who? And who is this bloke? Our scouting department needs an overhaul

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Named in the team of the year this evening. He's not in Manchester then.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Blimey... Is this us scraping the barrel for players? I could understand is going after a proven Premier League player to provide cover for now but this?

I had never heard of him before tonight. Is he no good?

Omar Elabdellaoui's agent has told Saj Chowdhury (BBC journalist) he is not joining United in this window.

The club might have no interest in Elabdellaoui, but his agent could be trying to drum up interest in his client. A similar thing happened with Hakan Calhanoglu on the final day of the transfer window last summer.

Ooh I have no idea if he's any good buddy. Just never heard of him and to me that is a strange deal to get done in January.

I know all signings are a risk but at least when you sign players in the summer they get time to settle etc... That's not the case in January though. Surely we would be better off with the youth we've got at the club? Who know the way the manager wants to play and the players around them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back