Ole: Pogba, Sanchez and one or two more signings

RichH2016

He's saying what he's got to say. We can't make it clear we want to sell Pogba because if he is to go then we want the most money for him. Plus maybe Ole thinks he can get another year from him and replace him next year. I don't think that's wise but if that's what he wants so be it.

I'm more concerned by the one or two signings stuff. Ok he said more if players leave but one or two more as things stand? In a team that already wasn't good enough. So say just a CB? Or just a CM? Yikes!

We need 2 midfield players alone.
2 midfielders and a CB without doubt. And I'd say another striker but I guess you can argue no striker if Lukaku were to stay. 1 or 2 isn't enough. If it's a CB we are screwed in midfield. If it's a CM then we are screwed in defense.

Ole has got to say that. He can’t make out how desperate we are. Clubs knowing that is why they’re whacking an extra £10m on prices.

I think we need to sell a CB before we buy, I thought I heard an interview about it, I can't remember how many, but we have over 6 CB's

Lindelof Bailly Smalling Jones Rojo Tuanzebe Fosu-Mensah?

We may be overloaded but they aren’t of the required quality.

yeah, I think they would like to use Jones in the Maguire bid, and sell Bailly and Rojo

I don’t think you can get rid of those 3.

That would leave us Maguire Lindelof Smalling Tuanzebe Fosu-Mensah

Removing 3 of them would be too much we need 4 senior CB’s with Tuanzebe back up to those and Fosu-Mensah probably back out on loan.

Ole has got to say that. He can’t make out how desperate we are. Clubs knowing that is why they’re whacking an extra £10m on prices.

Not really... I believe him when he says only one or two more. Times running out and Woodward takes forever and a day to do anything.

And this business about selling CBs before we buy one. That's why we are in such a mess.

We shouldn't be building around anyone we should be building a team, teams win trophies not individuals if you're setup for 1 player to shine what do you do when that player leaves or isn't available. It sends totally the wrong message in my opinion to say things like that as it makes it seem like Pogba is above all the others I know you need to stroke his ego a bit and make him feel the love but to me what Utd desperately needs is a team culture and get rid of this every man for themselves stuff.

We shouldn't be building around anyone we should be building a team, teams win trophies not individuals
Fergie built teams around individuals though. And as you say I think it's more an Ole management technique to massage Pogba's ego.

Fergie built teams around individuals though. And as you say I think it's more an Ole management technique to massage Pogba's ego.

Fergie always had guys he indulged a bit more than others Cantona & Ronaldo were the main examples but I don't think he ever built his team around them, he'd defend them ferociously in public through pure loyalty because he knew on the pitch they would deliver for him. He'd compensated for their weaknesses so they could focus on their strengths for example Cantona didn't really want to run in behind so he got Cole in to replace Hughes to create more space for Cantona. Fergie would balance Ronaldo's lack of tracking back by playing a more defensive minded full back on his side and sometimes even play him in the middle and ask Rooney or Tevez to play wide.

I don't think he'd ever come out and say these things publicly though I always think of the weaker Utd sides being the ones who rely to much on one person be that Cantona, Keane or later on Rooney these teams were always destined to fail because at some point that guy wouldn't be at his best.

This has always been my problem with the whole Pogba debate, Pogba playing badly should not excuse the other 10 on the pitch and to get the best from Pogba you don't put him at the centre of everything you build a solid team that he adds another level to. For France and Juve he was never really the main man the team functioned with and without him in it but what you'd get from him is that extra bit of class at various points of the season that wins you matches you will never get him being superman every week.

I just think by saying something like that you are playing a dangerous game with a dressing room full of egos the message always has to be a team message not an individual message.

I'm sorry but this club under the guidance of Woodward is going nowhere. They seem to have absolutely no idea what we need, what they need to get done or what the approach should be. Last year was a huge summer and they ballsed it up. Every summer gets ballsed up and this has actually been the worst I can remember and that includes last year because of what we absolutely had to do.

I'm sorry but this club under the guidance of Woodward is going nowhere. They seem to have absolutely no idea what we need, what they need to get done or what the approach should be. Last year was a huge summer and they ballsed it up. Every summer gets ballsed up and this has actually been the worst I can remember and that includes last year because of what we absolutely had to do.

Or they don’t have the money to spend so far this summer just like last summer spent around £70m nothing coming back in. Feels like hands being tied by the owners again which explains why they keep renewing contracts.

If Lukaku goes then that hopefully frees up money for at least 1 more signing.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back