Ole hits back at RVP

jsp

Fair to say Ole came out swinging yesterday first he took a shot back at RVP over his comment about him smiling after a defeat then he took aim at Pogba’s agent. This was after defending Pogba over the injury and clarifying the details on that issue

There were hints of Fergie in the way he did it defended his player then went on the attack.

RVP probably the first ex player to throw any shade at Ole having not been his team mate like most of the ex pros turned pundit I think did have a point after that performance Utd fans probably want to see any angry manager Utd once again not turning up away from home and getting beaten by a team in poor form.

It was a bold move by Ole it was long overdue but I think another defeat today and more serious questions will start to be asked both of his ability to get the best out of what he has and of the board for dragging their heels over this rebuild process. We all know last January nothing was going to happen but if they don’t make moves this January then that will be 3 player in during 2 windows which isn’t really showing much ambition.

Glad he’s starting to show some teeth! Raiola deserves it but RVP had a point. Ole needs to be mean as well as nice!

I think his point was those that know him know he isn’t all sunshine and rainbows but he’s obviously trying to remain positive after defeats.

Thing is RVP isn't wrong. Ole shouldn't be smiling after defeats. He shouldn't be smiling at much at the moment.

it's fine smiling in front of the camera. It's what happens in the changing room that's important.

Contrary to the Jose reign, there has been no slagging of players or team by Ole in the press, and therefore the changing room stories are practically nil.

His comments after Norwich about City showing us respect by playing their strongest team (despite the fact they were missing Ederson, LaPorte & Aguero) were just odd. Why did he feel the need to bring that result/performance up again and other managers would have been hammered for saying something like that we all know we are miles behind City but as Utd manager you can't really say it.

He's picked his moments with the players he's never singled out an individual as far as I can remember but he certainly made a sweeping statement about players leaving after that defeat to Everton last season where we just collapsed and gave up getting beaten 4-0.

Until he puts a sustained run of results together questions will remain over him we had a good run in December but then January starts with 3 poor results in 3 hard fixtures.

I do think it's time for some proper analysis from the ex player pundits I know he's their mate but they have a job to do and so far he's had an easy ride if this was a manager who wasn't an ex player he'd be getting hammered over his results and performances this season.

We all knew he would get an easier ride, and that's what we needed, someone who will be givena bit of time rather than the manager roundabout. The last thing we need is another new manager.

Like I said, I'm not yet convinced with Ole, but he needs the time to prove one way or anaother. Maybe any other manager wouldn't get that.

We have to stick with Ole and back him if he can pull off top 4 with this lot of players and injury’s would be an amazing achievement

We all knew he would get an easier ride, and that's what we needed, someone who will be givena bit of time rather than the manager roundabout. The last thing we need is another new manager.

Like I said, I'm not yet convinced with Ole, but he needs the time to prove one way or anaother. Maybe any other manager wouldn't get that.

They definitely wouldn't get time but they'd have a CV that would probably tell you more about what you should expect. Klopp for example got time at Liverpool because he was given time at previous clubs and delivered great results but don't forget 2 years ago the knives were out for him too. That run to the CL final which they lost took a lot of the pressure off him because it was starting to build amongst the fans, the signing of VVD which sorted out the defence made a huge difference for him it may be that was his Cantona moment.

I do think he's getting time but I think the next 6 months are where you can really start to judge him and if you can't see the signs of progress then maybe change is required and the tougher questions have to be asked about his ability as a manager to get the best from the players. For what it's worth I think his vision and plan off the pitch is spot on the question is does he have the ability to implement it on the pitch.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back