Odion Ighalo | Match Discussion thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
It also can't be true. Wern't the chinese club banned from offering this contracts out by the Government and there'd be 100% tax on them after a renewel?

I believe the tax is applied to transfer fees not wages but there is a big pressure from the government to get rid of these high earning luxury players as they don't believe they offer value for money.

Seems a very strange time to be offering him a bumper new contract given football is on shutdown as he's already gone a bit of time left on his current deal.

Was reported by Sky Sports, i'm not sure on the situation with the Chinese clubs their government

Oh wasn't at you fella just the quality of reporting in this country!

Story today is his club have said either sign him or he comes back to start the Chinese season in July.

Positive note we probably get Sanchez back in a few weeks

Latest talk is he has probably played his last game for us as United have hit a wall in negotiation to extend his loan to the end of the current season.
From a United point of view we probably don't desperately need him with a fully fit squad and I am sure the club will be looking for someone more in the long term.
Best we can do is thank him for giving us a lift when we needed it. He done himself proud in the short spell he played for the club he loves.

Chalk up another one for the "integrity" list on why we absolutely have to finish the season.

He contributed more than I thought he would but always felt his role was to play the cup games didn't see him starting many of the league matches but it leaves us one short.

Shame for him as he was fulfilling a boyhood dream and it got cut short but given the circumstances Utd can't really be taking on a player like him.

Chalk up another one for the "integrity" list on why we absolutely have to finish the season.
What does that mean? I don't really understand it? You saying we absolutely have to finish the season?

What does that mean? I don't really understand it? You saying we absolutely have to finish the season?

I'm not saying we absolutely have to finish the season I always said from the start if it can't be finished by end of June then it shouldn't be restarted. My recent posts are in relation to the fact they seem to be trying to go for it because they're desperate for the money.

So I'll make it clear again we start again when it's safe given where everything is right now in the UK that probably means waiting a few more months which means we probably have to call this season quits and start a new one in August.

They're saying the league needs to finish for sporting integrity but this is another example of integrity being out the window as Utd and other clubs will lose players who's loan periods or contracts have expired.

Everything they're trying to put together to finish the current season is a quick fix bodge job that is being done so they don't have to give refunds to broadcasters.

Everything they're trying to put together to finish the current season is a quick fix bodge job
Only in your opinion, in my opinion it is actually being carefully considered and is just other business exploring how they can continue in the new world as opposed to fold completely. Because that is what it would eventually come to.

Only in your opinion, in my opinion it is actually being carefully considered and is just other business exploring how they can continue in the new world as opposed to fold completely. Because that is what it would eventually come to.

Of course it’s my opinion everything I post is my opinion just like yours is yours and sometimes that opinion changes when I get new information.

It also can't be true. Wern't the chinese club banned from offering this contracts out by the Government and there'd be 100% tax on them after a renewel?

He may stay in China or United will pay 20 million € to having better in offensive.

Loan move extended to January 2021

Edit: Just seen posted elsewhere.

I'm glad he's staying. I like him and his attitude is excellent. I like how well he slotted into the team, he holds the ball up well, he has quick feet and good control, plus 4 goals in 8 games!

Apparently it's a £6m loan fee plus £130k a week contribution to his wages until January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back