"Not a single player in the United squad would get into the Liverpool squad”

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I make it 3 in the starting 11. Possible arguments for 5.

De Gea, Maguire, Pogba.

Wan-Bissaka over Trent. Rashford over Firmino.

Put it like this if you’re talking about their players getting in the United team you aren’t pushing any of those players out for the ones coming in.

Look at me look at me look at me.

A scouser going on the radio and saying something like that is pure attention seeking and baiting fans.

She even says squad so Liverpool wouldn't have De Gea as the number 2, Wan Bissaka as a right back, Shaw as a left back, Maguire would start at centre back, Pogba would start in midfield, Rashford/Martial off the bench etc.

Not saying any of our players would get in their starting XI they're a much better side than us right now but if that's what she's got to offer in terms of opinion then she shouldn't get invited back.

I think we'll finish above them this year. A couple of injuries and they are going to struggle, some of their players had no rest this summer.

I would be surprised if we get close to them this season but the idea that Milner and Henderson are better than pogba doesn't sound right. That matip is better than Maguire, don't think so.

It's a stupid comparison really Liverpool work because they're a team everyone fits into the system and it's a well oiled machine.

A player like Pogba wouldn't fit in their system but then I doubt Bernardo Silva would either same way I doubt Wijnaldum would work particularly well for us but he does for Liverpool.

I tend to agree Liverpool could be hurt by injuries they lose one of the full backs or front 3 for a long period and they don't really have any cover certainly not in the quality that they have in the starting XI but I think they'll still be well clear of us this season. Utd are in a similar position midfield and attack is very light on numbers and generally we have a much more injury prone squad than Liverpool they are a club that seem to suffer very few injuries. Will be interesting to see how their players hold up after last season and a busy summer will it catch up to them.

Utd were 30 points behind last season even if we half that gap this season it's a huge step forward, we finished last season on 67 points the target this season has to be getting closer to 80 points I think that'll be tough as I don't think we've taken huge steps forward but I actually think just clearing house a bit will do us good even I we end up finishing 5th or 6th again.

It doesn’t even deserve a response, of course some of our players would get into their squad. Granted not many in the starting line up but in the squad, many! She’s an idiot.

I think if you're being critical you can agree. If you want to debate then maybe Pogba gets in. Maybe AWB and Maguire and Rashford potentially makes the squad.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back