San Marino v Northern Ireland

Monday, 4th September 2017
Northern Ireland v Czech Republic

Thursday, 5th October 2017
Northern Ireland v Germany

Sunday, 8th October 2017
Norway v Northern Ireland

Will they be seeded in the playoffs?

Seems ridiculous that UEFA seed the playoffs just make it an open draw smaller nations have already had to fight through harder groups.

Sadly they wont be seeded which is a joke.

They have done fantastically well, when you consider how shallow the pool of players to pick from is. They have got such a determination and unity about them they will give anyone a game in November.

I think the fact there even is seeding is more of a joke it should be a complete free for all as far as I'm concerned.

Think they've just got a decent generation of players even with the influx of foreign players into the Premier League they've still got 4 or 5 really solid premier league players but these guys haven't got very much left in them as most of them are into the 30's now.

Would be amazing if they made it to a world cup.

That's a fair comment those lads are cracking on abit now. I hope they make it though. Look at the commitment in that squad. Niall McGinn has flown over from South Korea to sit on a bench and be part of it. Massive respect to the lad.

I really enjoy watching Northern Ireland to be honest. They haven’t got fancy players but they play with so much heart and determination. I really hope they get one of the kinder draws because seeing them at the WC would be awesome. They may well get Portugal which I don’t see them succeeding in but sure they’ll play with heart for sure.

I think players play internationals for the love and clubs for the money it's the same all over the world apart from possibly the England national team where it seems like some sort of cruel national service for the best players, although I think that attitude has started to change.

The Northern Ireland manager was on the radio the other week saying how they are facing a problem shortly because they can't really plan for the future as they also have the problem with top young players declaring for the republic rather than the North.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back