No interest

Red Warrior

Another crap performance, a draw at home to a crap team, more booing at the end of the game.

I expected to come on here and see all sorts of threads about the game and there was nothing! Is this showing the complete lack of interest now that the fans have? It's like we are a Palace type club and the supporters now just expect and accept what is going on!

Yep, "no interest" pretty much sums up my feelings towards Mourinho's United. I was glad when the final whistle went so I could go home.

I didn’t see much of the game so can’t pass too much comments on the actual performance. But did it come as a surprise to anyone we didn’t pick up 3 points? The bigger surprise was that we didn’t concede.

Did Lukaku look anything of a threat?

For me lukaku was ineffectual. Lack of movement. He can trap it further than I can kick it. For me we looked a better team when alexis or rashford played up front. Heard whispers that some players are unhappy that matic seems untouchable and that seemed to manifest itself in a spat with lingard.

Not really. I thought lingard tried hard and at least tried to make things happen. I was surprised when he was taken off. Actually I wasn't it was typical Jose.

Nothing Jose does makes sense anymore. Such rubbish substitutions today too.

And Lukaku... He tried to control the ball in the second half and it bounced off him 10 yards. Just so poor.

Anyway on a more positive note, Lindelof is injured now so at least Jones can get a place back in the team aggghhhhhhhhhhhh

The question should be, "did any player look a threat?"

I asked about Lukaku because I missed a lot of the game but in the 2 bits I did see Martial and Rashford were making runs in behind and could have had chances. I didn’t see anything in the 30 mins I watched that showed Lukaku having any impact.

I asked about Lukaku because I missed a lot of the game but in the 2 bits I did see Martial and Rashford were making runs in behind and could have had chances. I didn’t see anything in the 30 mins I watched that showed Lukaku having any impact.

I think we're passed the stage of blaming individual players.

Whatever happens we can’t be pass the stage of blaming the players. That’s utterly unbelievable to say. As I’ve said before Mourinho cannot be blamed for Lukaku’s first touch. Sanchez passing behind players on the counter and for defenders making brain dead mistakes.

Yep, "no interest" pretty much sums up my feelings towards Mourinho's United. I was glad when the final whistle went so I could go home.

And that's kind of how I feel. I literally do not care about their results. I don't follow the games or the scores I just happen to see the final score and if we don't lose I'm not upset. I don't feel anything for this team at all.

Whatever happens we can’t be pass the stage of blaming the players. That’s utterly unbelievable to say. As I’ve said before Mourinho cannot be blamed for Lukaku’s first touch. Sanchez passing behind players on the counter and for defenders making brain dead mistakes.

Mourinho can be blamed for starting Lukaku and playing him for the full 90 minutes. Sanchez’s bad pass will happen during the course of 90 minutes, even in team capable of playing cohesive football. When the attacking play is so poor and opportunities are rare these individual mistakes are magnified. For Christ sake, United have created fewer goal scoring opportunities than Southampton. A squad consisting of Pogba, Rashford, Martial, Lukaku, Mata, Sanchez and Lingard should be capable of much more. It’s all on Mourinho.

Of course Jose can't be blamed for those mistakes but we shouldn't forget the he both bought and played those players. We looked a much more cohesive unit when Sanches or rashford took the number 9 role but Jose couldn't wit to get lukaku back in. He is incapable of even substituting matic never mind dropping him when we are looking for a goal.

It’s all on Mourinho.

If they were playing the way Mourinho wanted them to would he be critical of them?

No other Mourinho side has looked this toothless. Mourinho has to shoulder a lot of the blame but the amount of free passes you lot give the players is ridiculous.

We are wiatching Mourinho’s team. His methods are not necessarily outdated because these things tend to go in cycles, but his methods are out of touch and no longer in fashion. He has regressed as a manager. One of Fergie’s biggest strengths was his ability to adapt and change with modern football. Mourinho is the opposite. His inability to adapt is a big weakness.

I am finding it harder with each passing week to defend Jose. He says they are not playing the way he wants them to play but but I would take issue with that. Matic plays 90 minutes every week so you have to assume he is playing the way he wants. That is at odds with most of the fans. Lukaku was brought back straight away despite most people thinking we played better football without him. Again this is at odds with most of the fans.

Can you imagine if this was Chelsea, he'd be gone months ago. I fully expected to wake up today and see sack talk all over the news but it appears not.
It is time for a change now, Mourinho isn't cutting the mustard here. We need someone in now who can have half a season seeing whats what, getting rid of and buying new players in the summer and hitting the ground running next season!

Who was the last manager we sacked mid season? It simply isn’t going to happen.

We had a manager from 1986 to 2013, one sacked near the end of the season and the other at the end of the season. It's not really a lot of history to go on is it? How can you say 'when was the last manager we sacked mid season?'

It's a bit like people keep saying to me Utd only employ managers with big names. Where is the history of that? Moyes wasn't a big name... And there aren't enough managers employed in the last 10, 15, 20 or even 30 years to compare it to. We're not Chelsea!

I mean everyone knew LVG needed to go at Christmas. But the club waited. Everyone knew Moyes needed to go by Feb but the club waited. We don’t have the structure in place that’ll sack a manager while he can mathematically finish top 4. I’m not saying it’s right I’m telling you it won’t happen

I’m not too sure now, another bad result at home, maybe a loss to a rubbish team and he’ll have to go. OT booing at the end of games isn’t good. Some old problem afterwards tho, who takes over?

Difficult one really. Do we want somebody to take over for the future or a stop gap to the end of the season. Unless they want zidane I don't see who they can get for the future. Maybe Nicky butt as a stop gap.

All I would say is let’s be careful what we wish for. Martinez is 5th favourite for the job.

Was at the game and it was dreadful one of the worst Utd sides I've seen the quality of football was as bad as anything I saw under Moyes or LVG absolutely no plan just chucking hopeful crosses into the box.

Even feels like the fans have given up on them as they know this is what this lot can do you can point fingers at the manager, the players, the chairman, the owners but the whole thing is broken whatever route they wanted to go down post Fergie it hasn't worked.

The team just never looks like scoring there's absolutely no quality in the final 3rd or going forward in general to whole thing was just a complete mess. 8 goals at home all season 13 games in and still a negative goal difference you could handle a lack of goals is we were water tight at the back but we really aren't there isn't even a glint of something we can build on.

I know Pogba wasn't playing well but how can you take him off at 0-0 for Fellaini then play Fellaini in the midfield 2? What are we playing at? How are we expecting to open up the oppositions defence when you're creativity is Fellaini & Matic in midfield?

Palace setup with a plan they had 2 big physical centre backs who were more than happy to go up against Lukaku and not allow themselves to be bullied so every ball into him got us nowhere. He really shouldn't be starting games at the moment as he's so ineffective.

Whatever the solution here is it's going to take 3 or 4 years to put it right as for me the entire football side of things needs to charge from board level down to the players.

The real problem with sacking Jose is two fold.

Who is going to come into this mess mid season

Aand who is going to come into this mess close season

Is no one being available better than just carrying on as we are though? Just stick Carrick in charge if we don't have anyone else in house to take over don't even know who the U23 manager is these days.

That ex Monaco manager is still available as are Conte & Blanc or even the guy Madrid sacked there's plenty of managers out of work who'd just at the chance of taking this job.

A new man with a new voice might get the players playing again and lift the mood it's clear that currently we are just going around in circles.

The next manager HAS to be the right choice else we'll be like everyone else having a managerial merry go round all the time.

The next manager HAS to be the right choice else we'll be like everyone else having a managerial merry go round all the time.

Conte is a big NO, that would be like going from the frying pan to the fire!

I am finding it harder with each passing week to defend Jose. He says they are not playing the way he wants them to play but but I would take issue with that. Matic plays 90 minutes every week so you have to assume he is playing the way he wants. That is at odds with most of the fans. Lukaku was brought back straight away despite most people thinking we played better football without him. Again this is at odds with most of the fans.

Agreed, I dont want Jose at the club (never did) but im not one for persistently slagging him off, but my god I am pretty much done now, if fans want to argue that we would be stupid to get rid - I'd love to see 5 reasons that support Jose remaining in charge ?!
do you expect him here in 2/3 years - NO,
do you expect the board and the upper hierachy to release massive funding for him to spend in the Jan window - NO,
do you expect to see a miraculous turnaround where we start winning games and looking like there is a plan - NO

The clubs a mess at the moment, few guys said to me in the stretty end on saturday that if he's still in charge when it comes round to renewing season tickets then they wont bother, how much longer can we watch the garbage were having to put up with every week ?

negative goal difference, creating less chances than arguably the worst team in the league atm (Soton), worst start to a league season in 28 years, no outstanding performers imo, lack of ingenuity in every aspect - not being funny but these guys are earning astronomical money, so criticism is most certainly warranted im afraid.

Sorry for the rant everyone, interested to see the atmosphere at OT tomorrow - even another dire performance and a Young Boys victory will change absolutely nothing.

Buckle up reds :(

I think half the squad have just given up, they hate the crap they are being asked to play. Anyone could get this squad playing better than this, I'd take Harry Redknapp at the minute lol!

Hate to say it but I'm kinda willing bad results now. The sooner they sack him the better. I think whoever comes in will get a dramatic change out of this squad as they are all so pi**ed off.

Why put Darmian on instead of Delot on Saturday? We were playing Palace ffs. Darmian offers less than nothing going forward. Why take creative players off and put Fellaini on to play lump ball? It just doesn't make sense anymore,

The old Monaco manager (Jardim) would be my prefered choice, great results with youth, one of which was Martial so he might stay.

It would be a huge punt, but he's probably at a level where he would take it no problem, jump at the chance.

Who are the other options? Poch, Howe, Zidane, Conte.... No to all of those, I would probably accept Poch, but no chance. Howe I like the idea of, but not sure really.

No way the board are going to do this kind of thing though. There is no football orientated person onthe board. Jardim has got a great record, albeit at small clubs.

I hate myself for this, because it goes agaisnt everythng I feel about football, but Jose has got to go.

Apparently the board want a director of football in place before they sack the manager there's been a few names doing the rounds of ex Monaco and the current guy at Atletico Madrid but it doesn't sound like offers have been actually made.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back