No Hargreaves or Anderson in 25 man squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant see any need to leave them out... Unless... Hargo is done and dusted fitness wise or Anderson is not "fancied". Wasnt it rumoured that Anderson and Fergy had a run in last season? Not sure the ins and outs of that one, but it may have an impact on his selection. That being the case though, I suspect he would have been shown the door. I cant understand the conundrum he faces to be honest.

I expect Hargo to be left out if there is need to leave him out to make room for a new signing. If Ando was left out it wouldn't be major as he probably won't be ready until Mid-October/Early November maybe even later anyway. Obviously people would make it out to be that he's leaving then though. I think the Ando/Fergie spat was nonsense.

Honestly, I would include the Anderson, but would not include Hargreaves. Anderson must be recovered in late September, and he may be the AM that team needs. And Hargreaves ... who knows when. Also we have to consider that in the last 18 months, He only played 45 minutes (at reserves) and 30 seconds (Against Sunderland), so I think risky. I'd better leave him playing the UCL, Carling Cup, FA Cup and if he proves to be fit, he can be inclued in January.

Unless someone is bought there will be no need to not include them anyway. This talk is rubbish, they should have based this story on Shitty not us.

he counts as English player but not homegrown...there must be atleast 4 homegrown players, i.e., played at the club for 3 years or more before the age of 21 and minimum of 8 players who are of English nationality i think...can someone clarify?

The Premier League are introducing a cap on the number of players in a squad. From this season onwards, clubs will have to declare a squad of no more than 25 players at the end of August, when the summer transfer window shuts, and then again at the end of the January transfer window. Players aged 21 and under can be selected without being registered in the 25.

Also being introduced this season is the "home grown players" rule, which aims to encourage the development of young footballers at Premier League clubs. The new rule will require clubs to name at least eight players in their squad of 25 players that have been registered domestically for a minimum of three seasons prior to their 21st birthday.

oh so this varies from the Spanish and UEFA home grown rule?

Ah thanks, i remember reading that in UEFA competitions you need to have a minimum of 4 players that have come through the academy of the club, i.e, been with them for atleast 3 years prior to their 21st birthday, thought it called the home grown player rule

I don't think we have an issue with the squad. But can we do with a few new players? of course we can. I'd like someone experienced to come in to replace the likes of Scholes. Hell, I think we should be looking at a replacement. If Berbatov can muster up the courage to look at the net, then I think we'll do fine upfront. We can't be once again going into a transition period next season. it just cannot be allowed in modern football.

Is it true that Scholes has been banned for 3 matches after picking up 2 yellows in pre-season?

If that's true, I am going to the FA tomorrow to give them a smack, how can the give him 3 matches for 2 yellows? Where is Vieira's ban?

It does, I think there;s 2 spaces actually as Diouf has gone out on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back