NFL 2021

IDFD

The season is almost upon us. There's been a few interesting moves over the offseason. Obviously through a 'fins point of view it's an exciting season. Tua looks a different player in pre-season and like he's really over his injury. Waddle comes in as does Will Fuller and we should be able to really expose sides.

Cannot wait until October 17th and I've got my tickets to see us live.

Season starts Sept 9th.

Favourites as per the bookies.

Chiefs,
Bucs,
Bills.
Ravens,
49ers.

Be interesting to see how Josh Allen steps on again and if he can follow up last season. If he can they're a massive threat to everyone.

New season starts tomorrow with the Cowboys up against Bucs.

Other games of interest

Colts Vs Seahawks 6pm Sun
Bills Vs Steelers 6pm Sun
Cheers Vs Browns 9:25 Sun
Patriots Vs Dolphins 9.25 Sun
Saints Vs Packers 9:25 Sun

My god I can't wait for the NFL season to start again.

But you missed Eagles @ Falcons. That's another game of interest...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Some of the comments are outrageous. It's though people think having money means you can't be depressed.

Been that way for a long time having money can certainly help remove one of lifes major stresses but it adds a whole new problem for young athletes who tend to go from being in an environment where they have no money to suddenly having huge wealth which will bring new issues.

The "man up" attitude is probably one of the main reasons why suicide rates in men is much higher than in women because men are afraid to speak up when they need to and when they do they get shot down.

Fair play to the guy I don't know his story but if you are in that sort of space mentally you won't be of use to your team and it's very positive that he's being open about it. I'm sure even 5 years ago this sort of stuff would have just been covered by a fake injury.

Jamie Laing (Made in Chelsea reality TV star) was on the Tony Bellew podcast this week talking about anger and their upbringing. Totally different backgrounds but they found common ground on a lot of stuff.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've got the same as you this weekend except for Cardinals beating the Rams.

I'd like to see a Packers / Titans Superbowl. Rodgers deserves another ring and Adams deserves his first. But I'd also like Tannehill to win one and I think a fit but more importantly fresh Derick Henry is going to be massive for them.

I've got the Cardinals at 28/1. Was looking good at the midpoint of the season but they have fallen apart since the injuries started hitting them.

We both just be a little crazy. The Bengals to win a playoff game. It just doesn't happen does it?

Yeah I think Titans are going to win. I do have this sinking feeling that the 9ers may upset the Packers though.

Ultimately the Rams strength (rushing the passer) matches up against the Bengals weakness (pass protection)... And yet it is the Bengals with Joe Burrow so... I just don't know.

Hell of a half time show.

Started getting into it a bit this season but not at the point of staying up until the middle of the night to watch the superbowl.

Is it even a sport, seriously?

Loads of 6'8" unfit guys padded up to feck playing chase me chase me so some geezer can throw a ball designed to be thrown to another guy that's broke free from the maddening crowd to catch, and it's not as though he wants it because if he catches it he throws it down in disgust.

Should try to make it more interesting, lose all the padding for starters, I mean they're not auditioning for Dallas or Dynasty ffs, maybe they are, and play with a medicine ball with the coaches allowed to throw on stingers when they see fit, snipers optional.

It’s a sport for all shapes and sizes and it’s freaky how fast the big lads can shift.

they wear pads for a reason no pads mean people will die the force they hit each other with is insane obviously if they didn’t have pads they wouldn’t go anywhere near as hard.

Would be a much better game if it just had a bit more flow and rhythm to it as it is a bit to stop start.

I can see why it hasn’t caught on across the world.

It's harsh for me to criticise the sport as I've I've never sat and actually watched a match but there seems to be little or no skill involved.

It's harsh for me to criticise the sport as I've I've never sat and actually watched a match but there seems to be little or no skill involved.

It's all about timing and quick thinking obviously it's a game of set plays really there's no real fluid periods in a game where it's back and forth but the defensive side has to predict and then adjust to everything the attacking team attempts within each play.

There are obviously different skill sets you obviously have the QB who's got to look after the ball and try and fire passes through tiny gaps, with speed and precision but also has to think fast and spot trouble to make sure the team doesn't lose the ball.

You then have other guys who are built for speed and power just trying to burst through lines to gain a few yards.

The speed and agility of the receivers is ridiculous trying to catch a ball over you shoulder 1 handed in mid air while another guy climbs all over you to stop you isn't easy. There's limits to what the defenders can do to stop you.

I never really got it until fairly recently then I started watching a few of the games on Sunday evenings here and started getting why people enjoy it but I'm a very casual fan know pretty much the basic rules, team names and a handful of players but couldn't tell you what half the positions are and what those people do.

Not sure I could even understand a debate about it not being a sport. If you want to break it down in to such simple terms football is just 22 blokes chasing around a ball trying to kick it past another bloke whose standing guard. Sounds like there is no skill involved in that whatsoever either.

The athleticism of some of these blokes is unreal.

For me it's the best sport out there entertainment wise.

On that note what a season from Stafford and Kupp. Now to look forward to the draft. I want Dolphins to pick up the WR London.

Interesting off season questions.

Does Rodgers move on?
Does Wilson move on?
Does Cook move on?
Will Brady really stick to his retirement?

It's all about timing and quick thinking obviously it's a game of set plays really there's no real fluid periods in a game where it's back and forth but the defensive side has to predict and then adjust to everything the attacking team attempts within each play.

There are obviously different skill sets you obviously have the QB who's got to look after the ball and try and fire passes through tiny gaps, with speed and precision but also has to think fast and spot trouble to make sure the team doesn't lose the ball.

You then have other guys who are built for speed and power just trying to burst through lines to gain a few yards.

The speed and agility of the receivers is ridiculous trying to catch a ball over you shoulder 1 handed in mid air while another guy climbs all over you to stop you isn't easy. There's limits to what the defenders can do to stop you.

I never really got it until fairly recently then I started watching a few of the games on Sunday evenings here and started getting why people enjoy it but I'm a very casual fan know pretty much the basic rules, team names and a handful of players but couldn't tell you what half the positions are and what those people do.

It's what you're used to I suppose, I love Cricket, I played a lot when I was younger, and sometimes the best time watching Cricket is when there is nothing actually happening in the middle ie. no runs/wickets being scored/taken, what's that about?

It's what you're used to I suppose, I love Cricket, I played a lot when I was younger, and sometimes the best time watching Cricket is when there is nothing actually happening in the middle ie. no runs/wickets being scored/taken, what's that about?

Cricket kind of has an on going feel about it where you can tune in and out of it the game doesn’t really stop.

NFL is 0 to 100 and back to 0 in the space of seconds I can’t think of another sport like it from that point of view.

Cricket kind of has an on going feel about it where you can tune in and out of it the game doesn’t really stop.

NFL is 0 to 100 and back to 0 in the space of seconds I can’t think of another sport like it from that point of view.

I'd probably enjoy it I sat and watched it but I'd need somebody next to me to explain what was happening, and why.

I'd probably enjoy it I sat and watched it but I'd need somebody next to me to explain what was happening, and why.

I actually ended up going to see a college game live in Dublin a few years back at that point I kind of had a basic understanding of the rules.

The detail they go into when you watch it is nuts 99% goes over my head as like all American sports it is stats overload and analysed to insane detail. I have no idea how people spot these things in real time to then show it on replays.

I actually ended up going to see a college game live in Dublin a few years back at that point I kind of had a basic understanding of the rules.

The detail they go into when you watch it is nuts 99% goes over my head as like all American sports it is stats overload and analysed to insane detail. I have no idea how people spot these things in real time to then show it on replays.

Nope, just a load of random numbers to me, probably like an American who has never watched Cricket trying to work out batting and bowling averages at the end of a Test series.

The only bit I understood is there were no fumbles. Guessing butter fingers had a day off!

Nope, just a load of random numbers to me, probably like an American who has never watched Cricket trying to work out batting and bowling averages at the end of a Test series.

The only bit I understood is there were no fumbles. Guessing butter fingers had a day off!

The pundits are unreal busting out numbers then drawing lines all over a replay and they all seem to talk like they've been charged up on columbia's finest so you have no idea what they're saying most of the time.

I don't really pay attention to the stats still trying to learn the rules but the more you watch the more it makes sense.

Unlike Rugby there's a game I just can't get my head around.

The pundits are unreal busting out numbers then drawing lines all over a replay and they all seem to talk like they've been charged up on columbia's finest so you have no idea what they're saying most of the time.

I don't really pay attention to the stats still trying to learn the rules but the more you watch the more it makes sense.

Unlike Rugby there's a game I just can't get my head around.

Maybe that's it, I should try watching it baked, on previous occasions i've sat down to try and get into it i've been as sober as a judge ;)

And on Rugby, though i'm from a big Rugby League area i've never got into League but will nearly always try and watch England if they're playing an International Rugby Union match though i've no interest in the club side of it, and after 50 years there's still stuff I don't understand.

Lots of exciting news in the NFL I haven't mentioned. But I couldn't let today's go past.

Tyreek Hill signs for the Dolphins!!!

Other big ones:

Watson to Browns
Russell to Broncos
Devante Adams to Raiders

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back