NFL 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RichH2016, how will Philadelphia fare this season?
Oh man I have no idea... Start today on the road against division rivals Washington... On paper we should have the team to win but they have beaten us 5 times in a row.

My prediction for the Eagles the year... If all of the key players stay healthy for most games would be 10-6! But we have a really tough start! On the road against Washington, on the road against Kansas who just battered the Pats in their back yard and then home to the Giants in another division game.

I'm a Dolphins fan. Our seasons been one disaster after another and we've not thrown a ball yet

Fins fan here too IDFD shame what's happening and Cutler coming in, I mean WTF? I'm hoping to pick up tickets for Saints v Fins on Tuesday. Will be happy if I can get them. Even if Miami aren't great I'll be happy to see it live!

Tannehill out for the season. Cutler comes in out of retirement.

I'm going to the wembley game

An exciting opening Sunday of NFL football! It's great to have football back that's for sure!

Yeah really enjoyed having it back. Watched from 6pm-4am so a little tired today.

Lynch looked impressive considering his first game for 2 years. Expected much better from the Bengals and the Giants. Although the Giants had a very difficult game for the first half they couldn't get the ball moving. Texans also have to be disapointed that's a poor performance.

The biggest disapointment though were definitely the Colts. Their season could be over by the time Luck returns. The Rams put up 46 points against them (The second time they've put up 40 points in ten seasons). At one point is was 37-3 At 10-0 in the first Pagano didn't challenge what would have been and was clearly a legit touch down. Why did Tolzien start the guy is 30 years old and never won an NFL game in his life. He's thrown 2 touchdowns in his career and 9 interceptions. Taken off with the game already over.

Also my favourite stat of the weekend is Big Ben now has the most wins of any QB at the Browns Stadium. They've played there since 1999. He's never played for them.

They passed him over in the draft and would be his own town team. He's said playing them is like a revenge game for passing on him.

Yeah really enjoyed having it back. Watched from 6pm-4am so a little tired today.

Lynch looked impressive considering his first game for 2 years. Expected much better from the Bengals and the Giants. Although the Giants had a very difficult game for the first half they couldn't get the ball moving. Texans also have to be disapointed that's a poor performance.

Nice work buddy! You're as big a fan as me I think as that's my usual Sunday set up! Mind you I'm in the States right now and I'm not going to lie... It's lush watching it at a sensible time.

When I get home I'm going to get a nice set up in the front room... I've already purchased Game Pass but I'm going to buy an extra TV that I can put in the living room on a Sunday and watch red zone, my Eagles and then an additional game on my phone. It'll be a sweet little set up!

Giants offense is really going to hold that team back this year. I know they were missing Odell but he played last year and that offense still really struggled. They have no offensive line and no run game so teams can focus on shutting down the passing game and getting after Eli who gets jittery and sees ghosts!

By the way IDFD who's your team?

By the way IDFD who's your team?

Ahh this will only actually be my 5th season watching full season watching. Before that I only really watched the Play Offs. Being back for this part of the year makes it not to bad that it's dark from about 4pm. Sundays are sorted there is no need to leave the house. Super Sunday - Redzone - Bed. One of my closest friends is an Eagles fan. (He's from America and got us lot in to it) Have a Packers Lions Bears Bengals Giants fan in the group. At least no one jumped on the Patriots bandwagon and it's kind of cool we all ended up going different ways as with Football we're either Tottenham or United fans!

I'm Dolphins. Originally I expected to support Steelers as i've been a Penguins fans for about 10 years. But when I first started watching I was only watching the thursday night games and Red Zone and thought instead of trying to jump on to the Steelers before the season just wait until you find yourself caring. It took about half the season in I noticed I was getting frustrated and disappointed with Miami and thought yep they're the ones who are going to be letting me down! With the line up of Big Ben, Brown and Bell I definitely made the wrong decision to not just follow them!

One of my closest friends is an Eagles fan.

I love my mighty Birds so it's good to know your friend has taste! :p

Phins are a good choice. They are a franchise with a lot of history and once were a really good team. And of course they had Marino! Plus I think they are a team now on the rise again. They have a good young team with a good young HC.

They do need to address the QB situation though. I know Cutler is an emergency call because of the injury to Tannehill but I'm not sure Tannehill is the answer long term and he could hold that team back.

One of my closest friends is an Eagles fan.

I love my mighty Birds so it's good to know your friend has taste! :p

Phins are a good choice. They are a franchise with a lot of history and once were a really good team. And of course they had Marino! Plus I think they are a team now on the rise again. They have a good young team with a good young HC.

They do need to address the QB situation though. I know Cutler is an emergency call because of the injury to Tannehill but I'm not sure Tannehill is the answer long term and he could hold that team back.

Yeah we didn't really have much of an option with Cutler when it came to this season. I do think Tannehill has a very high ceiling but he's just too inconsistant but with Adam Gase around maybe that can change. He did seem to turn a corner last season once Gase took over and his injury was at such a disapointting time last year. With Gase we are definitely on an upwards trojectory. Last season to go from 1-4 to 10-6 was a miracle!

Jay Ajayi stepping up obviously has been a massive delight too and releases some of the pressure on Tannehill to try and get it done. I did worry we'd not hear much of him again after he was deactivated for the opening game of last season. Him being a London boy is obviously a plus!

Was at the game yesterday. Is it too early to drop Cutler and just play Matt Moore for the season? At least he has some chemistry with the offence and knows the playbook with Cutler we struggle to make a first. Even Ajayi doesn’t seem to know what he’s doing at the moment. Back to back games where we haven’t scored anything of any matter (I’m not including last weeks garbage time TD)

A shut out against the Saints D should be worrying, they've not had a great record this season. There was a wildcat ay that Cutler had no interest in too. I don't know the make-up of the London crowd, I'd say relatively neutral maybe erring on the phins side. But yesterday must have been quite a poor spectacle with the little thrown up by Miami. Such a shame.

The actual day was a good day the NFL knows how to host an event. Was searched with a bit too much regularity (five times between getting off of the tube and getting back on it after the game) but other than and that and the result it was good fun!

Yea I was more meaning the actual game. Must have been tough even for non-phins with their not being an O that was causing trouble. I'm off to the Vikes-Browns Twickenham game at the end of October. Shame I couldn't get tickets for the phins, but missing a shut-out like yesterday I'm a bit happier.

You been to the games before? Yesterday was my first one. I'm going to have to go again now can't leave my only visit as a 'fins shut out!

The interception on the first play set the one for the game. Heads immediately dropped and we didn't look like scoring again. I don't even think we got back in to FG range. Not sure if the 4th and 1 we went for it on was inside FG though.

What needs to stop is the ridiculous number of penalties. We ended up at 1st and 25 yesterday after just getting across the half way line. From a decent position and then to lose 15 yards is stupid. Control yourselves guys!

Couple of other crucial moments were the 3rd and 1 we fail to convert and then the following play I think they had a 3rd and 18 that they do convert. (May have been slightly less the drinking being allowed at your seats means it is a little blurry!)

No not been live, follow as much of Miami as I can on the box. So a lot of redzone which I know is all action and live is not. Just looking forward to the atmosphere, the tailgate etc... Did you have to get extra tickets for that? Did you even do it? Yes like rugby you get to drink at your seat, unlike Rugby it's for nigh on three hours. I reckon it's going to be cold in Twickenham on Halloween weekend though!

I didn't go to the actual tailgate before the game. Got down there about 12:30 and ended up in the Fanzone outside the front of Wembley chatting and drinking (loads of pop up bars outside selling beer unlike the football). After the game they reopened the bar outside Wembley put on music and people were tossing around a football and enjoying themselves again talking about the game. There were fans of loads of teams there. Spent about 2 hours after the game talking fantasy football with a group of Colts fans as we all repeatedly check the apps to see how we're doing and they were trying to convince me life could be worse!

Yeah we don't get many TV games. (A blessing in disguise at the moment) but we've got three in a row coming up at the end of October. Ravens Raiders Panthers. Hopefully by then we've turned the performances around.

Oh my get yourself one of the hot dogs topped with mac and cheese!

Hot dog Mac and cheese, check!

Must be a little difficult the stadium being 'neutral' but then I am going to Twickenham and being a 'neutral'.

I'm having a very inconsistent season on Fantasy NFL. Dropped SuperCam this week, and boom 'has a day!' I'll keep plugging on, prefer the FF set with draft and one owner though to FF PL.

The actual day was a good day the NFL knows how to host an event. Was searched with a bit too much regularity (five times between getting off of the tube and getting back on it after the game) but other than and that and the result it was good fun!

I think the searches are just part of going to a modern sporting event now since the attacks in Paris Wembley is on high alert same for Old Trafford and the o2 I've noticed security checks have really been beefed up.

Guess the parson green incident a few weeks back also means they're being extra cautious on the tube.

Do you get many fans who travel over for the game?

I wouldn't say in general I come across that many Americans but where I was sitting I had a group of them around me. The guy I was sitting next too is actually a ST holder at the Hard Rock stadium. Was pretty cool chatting to him through out the game and others that have much more knowledge of the sport than I do.

I did get a couple of odd looks when shouting at Cutler (throw the damn ball you kn*b) followed by a guy a couple of seats down saying 'Fair play you're not wrong'

The noise on third downs is quality I assume some of it was fed in to the stadium through speakers though.

I was on a stag so missed the fins game. To come back from 17-0 down at HT and get the win is an excellent turn around performance and can can hopefully kick start our season. We've been poor so far but we are 3-2 as oppose to 1-4 this time last season when we went on to be in the playoff mix up.

Talking of NFL @the nuts named eric how are we on a 3 game win streak? 17 point come back followed by a 14 point come back.

Matt Moore came in and done a fantastic job!

I saw and have no idea, was looking at the redzone and in the first 5 plays (it felt like) we were 14 down. Was a terrible start. Saw some twitter commentators saying we should be the Miami Olphins (liked that made me chuckle). But yes Cutler going out seemed to spark the O into life, like they HAD to take responsibility now. Got to say Matt Moore made some great calls and plays.

AFC Championship
New England v Jacksonville

NFC Championship
Philadelphia v Minnesota

Who would have called 3 of the 4 championship game QB's would be; Bortles, Keenum, and Foles? Big game in the AFC, No. 2 Defence against No. 1 Offence. Having had the Jags in my NFL Fantasy team all season and not one Patriot for more than a week I'm hoping Defence come out on top. But that's a heart decision.

NFC is a tale of Back-up QB's. Keenum having been on fire since being given the slot after injuries to Bridgewater and Bradford. He's been a journeyman of a QB but 'could' end up with a ring.

Foles has only just got the slot in the last couple of weeks what with Wentz' injury. I think this is a Minnesota game, and after Wildcard weekend it does almost feel like Vikes name might be on the cup.

Who would have called 3 of the 4 championship game QB's would be; Bortles, Keenum, and Foles? Big game in the AFC, No. 2 Defence against No. 1 Offence. Having had the Jags in my NFL Fantasy team all season and not one Patriot for more than a week I'm hoping Defence come out on top. But that's a heart decision.

NFC is a tale of Back-up QB's. Keenum having been on fire since being given the slot after injuries to Bridgewater and Bradford. He's been a journeyman of a QB but 'could' end up with a ring.

Foles has only just got the slot in the last couple of weeks what with Wentz' injury. I think this is a Minnesota game, and after Wildcard weekend it does almost feel like Vikes name might be on the cup.
What the hell do I know?
:oops:

Not the most exciting of Superbowls. A Nick Foles led Eagles side against the monster that is The Patriots.

Watch all of the games since the playoffs started. Last weekend was phenomenal. Big Ben throwing a record number of TD passes and yardage and still getting knocked out and then the Saints vs Viking game. All on the same day as City vs Liverpool 4-3. I was shattered after just watching all of that!

I don't really watch this but caught the 4th quarter of the Patriots game last night and at no point did it look in doubt that they would come back.

I assume what they did was pretty remarkable but it just seemed so easy.

Against that D it was more remarkable. But it's a Brady/Patriots staple now. It's a shame the Vikings didn't make it either as Super Bowl is in their stadium.

Back to the Jags-Pats the defence was really good for most of that game on Jags side, and Bortles was managing the game well until the 4th quarter. By the 4th quarter Jags had had the ball in possession for 29 minutes I think it said and Pat's 16. So the Jags were wearing the Pats down, but two unconverted 3rd down plays changed the game. Also the whistle blown on the fumble/strip of the pats attacking ball put the wind back in Pats sails. Was downhill from there. Especially as one punt was very short and the other too long.

What the hell do I know?
:oops:

You and just about every other fan and analyst around the world buddy. Nobody gave my birds a chance just like the week before and just like will be the case for the next two weeks.

But hey this team plays better as the underdog so I'm happy with the title. Let's just go and prove the world wrong again.

Congratulations Philly, Eagles and Foles. Played excellent and didn't put up the HUGE target for Brady to focus on and chase. Then delivered the all important D play when required!
So glad as well as a Brady is not a player I have all that much love for. Not doubting his ability but not my guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back