Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley puts club up for sale

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wait I'm lost here. I thought Ashley said last year or the year before he wouldn't sell Newcastle until they won something or qualified for Europe?

Sounds like there might be some interest if they're officially up for sale.

The pressure on him from MPs and media as the chief exec of sports direct might also mean he wants out as being a PL owner brings attention to him.

I mean he's not perfect but you can do a lot worse the reality of having to live within their means hit hard and he admitted the due diligence done during the takeover didn't uncover the full extent of the clubs debts.

i

Actual image of Rafa receiving the news.

Haha brilliant!

I've got £4.50 and a sack of marbles if Ashley is open to bids?

Newcastle United takeover: Financial firm tables formal bid in region of £300m

Asking price is apparently £380m the bid is reported to be £300m.

It will be interesting to see what this investment companies plans are I doubt they're buying it to spend loads of money on it my guess is they believe they can get it cheap and turn a long term profit on it.

I think the sugar daddy days in England are probably over thanks to FFP because the cost of investment to try and break into the top 4 and get access to the champions league is massive to establish yourself could take 5 years and £1bn investment as you buy your way up the levels and nothing is guaranteed so the risk/reward makes no sense especially for a private investment firm. They'll be buying this club because they think if they get the right structure in place they'll either be able to sell it for a profit or make a profit every year which they can extract like Kroenke, Glazers etc do with their clubs.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back