New West Ham manager?

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Saw something saying they’d been in talks with the Shaktar Donetsk manager Paulo Fonseca.

He’s very highly rated around Europe so would be a big statement if they got him.

He kept them up? OK it wasn't pretty but he did enough in the end. I mean that's a team who really looked dead and buried when he came in They had no fight or desire and they improved after he took over.

I think he's a bit unlucky but the fans didn't take to Moyes from the start and the board need a manager that the fans will be 100% behind going into the new season to take the focus off them and the stadium issues which will aren't going to go away. Moyes has probably repaired the damage to his reputation after 3 bad jobs in a row he took over a club mid season who were in big trouble and guided them to safety so next season when the first man gets sacked he'll be top of the list with Allardyce to come in and solve it. I'm sure he leaves with a nice fat bonus as well.

If Rafa walks from Newcastle this summer Moyes could easily jump in there and take over as he's shown he can work on shoe string budgets which is what you get from Ashley.

The impression seems to be that a lot of the loyal hardcore aren't renewing they gave it 2 years and decided they can't stand it so season ticket renewals have been slow, a new manager might tempt them back but more likely it might tempt in new fans and given his record of playing some very nice football rather than Moyesball which is functional but not always great to watch it might help attract more casual fans.

Moyes definitely gone.

Guess it’s a straight fight between Moyes and Allardyce for the Arsenal job. :p

My bet would be one of them will be Cardiff manager before Xmas I'd maybe even say before the start of the season as Warnock could jump early and drop back down as he knows he's out of his depth in the prem.

Moyes is a bit unlucky to lose the job he's had a lot of stuff to put up with that wasn't his problem because of the owners and the stadium and he probably had them playing the best football they've played in those 2 seasons since they left Upton Park. It wasn't always pretty but he'd definitely stopped the rot, put players in the right position, got the best out of the best players and had them heading back in the right direction.

Fonseca has apparently signed a new deal at Shaktar

Benitez is apparently on their shortlist but I doubt he'd want to work with those owners.

Pellegrini has also been approached but he'd be a strange fit good manager with a very impressive CV but I think he might struggle with that squad of players.

The fact they've shortlisted 3 completly different types of manager shows how clueless they are they clearly don't know what they want.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back