New Owners?

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Rumours of the Saudi royal family going around again today suggesting they’re prepared to pay £3.8bn for the club.

While I’d have very happy to see the back the back of the current owners and their debt not sure I could stomach having the royal family of Saudi as our owners.

Would you be happy with them as owners?

I personally think the Glazers have lost a bit of interest and I wouldn't be surprised if they did decide to sell up especially for that sort of money.

Would I be happy with the Saudi's as owners? No. Not happy as it is though and if the Glazers have indeed lost interest and aren't willing to commit to re-investing profits in the football club then it's best that they go and with the club worth what it is, the Saudi's are one of if not the only possible buyers, unfortunately. We've become too big for our own good.

Not saying this won't happen, but this story has popped up on weekends when United haven't had a game.

Been officially denied by the Saudi's they've said the only conversations they've had regarding Utd is through Sponsorship deals and they have no plans to try and buy the club.

The rumours in the financial markets are that the Glazers are open to selling a significant share in the club to an outside investor as they don't want to borrow more money against the club with markets so volatile at the moment. It would be a minority stake though they'd still retain full control so it's not that attractive unless you believe that the football finance bubble will never pop.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have to be honest... I would like this to happen. I don't think it will and I'm not a massive Glazer hater but I think this would be a good move.

So this week we've had a rumour about Jeff Bazos (the Amazon guy) being linked with buying the club in the NY times, this has been denied and this morning a few papers reporting the Saudi interest in Utd has ended and the Glazers are looking to take a more "hands on" role at the club to resolve our issues.

Future sounds bright lads.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back