Neville replaced as Reds skipper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorgefoo

Source: http://bit.ly/97k1Tf

I think it was the right decision. The team needs a captain playing regularly. So I think Vidic should be the captain, even when Ferdinand returns. We don't know how many games he'll be able to play.

Gary has been a great captain. He was a great leader, but it is time to change

Vidic is more experienced of the two, so i guess that does give him the automatic right for captaincy, i think Rio is also a good choice...i think we should stick with Vida for now

Excellent decision by SAF and I agree w/ his choice. Vidic has been the most reliable & consistent on the roster for the past 3 seasons, IMHO. We need a professional, strong yet respectful type 2 set example 4 the rest of the squad. He's regarded as 1 if not the best CB in da biz & I think that goes a long way w/ his teammates. He's a SERIOUS family man & is private so we won't have 2 worry about his hobbies mixing w/ his profession or the front pages. Excellent choice indeed & I hope he begins instilling some knowledge in the youth asap. ;)

I think last year, one of the many reasons we ended up not winning the title was because we didn't have just 1 on field captain, it was passed around from game to game and it was devaluing the captain's armband.

I believe this has happened before too, wasn't Robbo the Club Captain with Keano the onfield captain?

By the way, G Nev's 600th appearance if he plays tonight.

I don't think he will either. Might not even be on the bench, depends how Wesley is.

Fergie has said for years that Rooney wouldn't be captain as he's a striker. Doesn't like his captains upfront.

I'd have Fletch as captain before Rooney.

i think EVans is captain material too, so is Fabio (not sure why i think so though, looks more mature than rafael in his style of play, more calm and collected!)

Don't like captains on the flanks. Personally I think that's the reason Evra isn't captain. I miss having a captain in the heart of Midfield.

I think Vidic will be an excellent captain. But I'm expecting that Ferdinand would get the armbrand. He was the third in order of current captains. But perhaps the injuries last season having led Ferguson to choose Vidic.

Shame he was ill for today's match. Can't say too much but I think we would have kept a clean sheet with him at the back. Looked so good on Wednesday.

Personally dont think Vidic is a leader. Hes not calm like Rio and doesnt seam to be control of the side.

For me it's Rio.But if Rio is not playing then Fletcher.You can see him always getting involved in the game and asking team mates to improve.So that's why

Can't see it changing now. Don't think Vida has done anything wrong.

Personally, i'd like Fletcher to be captain when the time comes to select a new club captain. Someone who's come through the ranks and is central to the team on field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back