Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm not sure about this one...

Matic was brilliant a couple of years ago but not very good last year.

Now I'm not saying he's a bad player but is he what we need? For me Schneiderlin is a very similar player, Carrick is a defensive midfielder and Fosu-Mensah plays that kind of role too. Are we really going to sign 2 midfielders this summer? Because we'd still need a ball player with real quality even if we signed Matic.

I think an in form Matic has a lot more to him than Schneiderlin. Both quite limited on the ball, but Matic tries to do more at least and can be quite a powerful runner in full flow.

As you say he didn't have a good season last term, but not many of the Chelsea boys covered themselves in much glory. I'd definitely take him if the move is possible. But yeah we'd certainly need to partner him with a more creative midfielder than Schneiderlin.

I think an in form Matic has a lot more to him than Schneiderlin. Both quite limited on the ball, but Matic tries to do more at least and can be quite a powerful runner in full flow.

As you say he didn't have a good season last term, but not many of the Chelsea boys covered themselves in much glory. I'd definitely take him if the move is possible. But yeah we'd certainly need to partner him with a more creative midfielder than Schneiderlin.

I think that's my thing mate... Schneiderlin can offer this team what Matic does. OK I can see that maybe he's not as good but he is still a very good player plus can offer more on the ball. Not much but a bit.

There's other issues to address and if you gave me the choice of having Matic and one of our other current midfielders or Schneiderlin and a new ball playing creative player alongside him then I'd go for the latter. Not that it's definite we'd only get Matic and nobody else I just don't think it's likely that Jose goes in to the new season with two new central midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back