Nemanja Matic | Match Discussion thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premier League: Chelsea 2-2 Manchester United - 20th October 2018

His awareness in possession annoyed me in the first half, however I thought he was very good in the second half.

Thought that was his best game for a long time had a poor start to the season but today was much better.

Premier League: Bournemouth 1-2 Manchester United - 3rd November 2018

I thought Herrera should have replaced Matic.

Matic's mobility has deteriorated and he is no longer capable of providing protection to the defence.

I'd like to see Herrera, Fred and Pogba.

He seems to remain as the last of the ‘undroppables’

1 good game this season needs a rest right now he’s giving us nothing other than being 6ft plus.

Pundits seem to be unable to spot this he’s in a real bad way right now.

Premier League: Manchester City 3-1 Manchester United - 11th November 2018

The guys done

He’s goose is cooked. He’s never been the quickest but he looks slow as an oil tanker right now. His passing was awful, he didn’t look assured in possession and City ran rings around him.

Doesn't look fully fit to me we ran him into the ground last season, he then played the world cup, had injuries in pre season and I don't think he's anywhere near fully fit.

Bit like Lukaku looks like he needs some rest a few weeks to get himself back up to 100% but the manager plays him nearly every minute of every game and I think it shows.

Fred was giving the ball away but at least he was passing forward.

Matic is so bullet proof with Mourinho it's ridiculous there's some games where you just don't need him and as soon as Fred went off we started looking shakey.

Remember when Ivanovic was evidently done at Chelsea, Mourinho still played him game after game. Jose has his men and hell is gonna freeze over before he gets told otherwise.

Matic has his heyday when he came back to England but now he’s done. He just looks slow, granted he’s never been the quickest but he was able to keep the ball and play quick but now it looks like his brain is telling his legs one thing, his legs don’t understand and by the time his brain and legs have linked he’s lost the ball.

He had a good year under Conte when they won the league playing alongside Kante who seems to be able to make any player better by doing half his running for him as well as his own.

Matic has his uses but at home to teams who are going to let us have the ball he’s really not offering us much as his passing never takes players out of games and open up space.

Premier League: Manchester United 3-1 Huddersfield Town - 26th December 2018

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Best game for a while looks fresh despite 2 games in a few days benefitting from having more energetic players around him and being able to rest in possession rather than constantly being out of it.

Also, he’s found those forward passes again.

Withdrawn from Serbia squad.

Like Lukaku felt that he needed some game time to get his rhythm but he’s had a lot of games in the last 2 seasons so rest might do him some good as he will be vital in the run in.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-1 Watford - 30th March 2019

Poor performance. He was like a statue and his careless in possession.

He was slow and cumbersome. His range of passing really bad. I think we need 2 quality midfield players. I don't see matic as a squad player so based on that yes it's time to move him on.

Looked rusty been injured and not played much football but was very poor yesterday but he wasn’t the only one needs to up his game.

I do think Utd need a better ball playing holding mid if we want to make 4-3-3 work when teams put us under pressure we don’t hold possession well and it forces us to go 4-4-2 quite a bit.

If we got a good offer I’d sell but we won’t so I think keep him but look to improve I really like the look of Rice but he’s just signed a new contract so he’d cost a bomb as there would be riots at West Ham if he was sold.

A cheaper alternative might be Doucore from Watford who is very impressive when I see him but I’d say he’s more in the Herrera style. I actually think Herrera might be better deployed in that role in some games.

Another option is Ruben Neves from Wolves very young and a brilliant passer plus prem experience but it would need a lot of money to get him from Wolves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back