Napoli sack Ancelotti

jsp

Got them through the CL stages and then sacked.

He's been at war with the president recently as their league form has been dreadful the president is currently fining players and ordering them to stay at the training ground but Ancelotti has sided with the players over this.

Might be the answer for Arsenal

If Arsenal don't get him they are crazy

I dunno I like Ancelotti but I think you kind of need a pretty much finished product squad for him to work. He's a guy who'd probably fit Spurs more than Arsenal a load of talented players who've just been burned out mentally by a previous manager wouldn't be surprised if City keep an eye on him if they know Pep is going just to be a steady hand.

Arsenal bit like Utd need to accept the last 5 years have been a waste and start from scratch so if they're going on a mission to totally overhaul a squad in say 3 years you probably need a manager that is happy to work in those conditions developing young talent and building something. I don't think Ancelotti is really that guy.

I think he'd be able to stop the rot a bit at Arsenal but I'm not convinced he'll get them flying back up the league.

I dunno I like Ancelotti but I think you kind of need a pretty much finished product squad for him to work. He's a guy who'd probably fit Spurs more than Arsenal a load of talented players who've just been burned out mentally by a previous manager wouldn't be surprised if City keep an eye on him if they know Pep is going just to be a steady hand.

Arsenal bit like Utd need to accept the last 5 years have been a waste and start from scratch so if they're going on a mission to totally overhaul a squad in say 3 years you probably need a manager that is happy to work in those conditions developing young talent and building something. I don't think Ancelotti is really that guy.

I think he'd be able to stop the rot a bit at Arsenal but I'm not convinced he'll get them flying back up the league.
Your point about Spurs stands, but your overall point (ready made squad) makes it astonishing to me that Juventus aren't moving heaven and earth to get him in. Sarri is wasting that squad- i need to keep the same energy with other managers that I do with Ole- there's 0 excuse for such a poor performance.

Juventus as far as I know, are yet to win more than 3-0 this season and have a record of 26 gs from 15, with 15 conceded. Last season was Allegri's worst and their record at the same point was Scored 30, conceded 9.

This is a squad tailor made for Ancelotti and despite having only lost once in all competitions this season, that's not a true reflection of what has happened. Apparently it's not possible to start Douglas Costa, Dybala and CR7 together- that's their best possible front 3. Also frozen out Mandzukic.

Ancelotti wins the Champions League with this squad. We should be trying to nab Douglas Costa and Rabiot in January if we can. Swap Matic for Eriksen and we should get top4.

Your point about Spurs stands, but your overall point (ready made squad) makes it astonishing to me that Juventus aren't moving heaven and earth to get him in. Sarri is wasting that squad- i need to keep the same energy with other managers that I do with Ole- there's 0 excuse for such a poor performance.

Juventus as far as I know, are yet to win more than 3-0 this season and have a record of 26 gs from 15, with 15 conceded. Last season was Allegri's worst and their record at the same point was Scored 30, conceded 9.

This is a squad tailor made for Ancelotti and despite having only lost once in all competitions this season, that's not a true reflection of what has happened. Apparently it's not possible to start Douglas Costa, Dybala and CR7 together- that's their best possible front 3. Also frozen out Mandzukic.

Ancelotti wins the Champions League with this squad. We should be trying to nab Douglas Costa and Rabiot in January if we can. Swap Matic for Eriksen and we should get top4.

They've lost 1 game in all competitions though so it's incredibly harsh to sack him even though what I read the results are good but the performances are not but then in Italy does that really matter?

The biggest issue for Juve is the squad is to big and fitting all the stars in is tough because Ronaldo, Dybala, Higuaín are all kind of doing the same job in the Sarri system the club actually wanted 2 out of these 3 gone in the summer and his midfield options are massive. Keeping a squad of that size happy is nearly impossible and Sarri is a guy who like to have a small squad as he's not a guy who rotates a lot.

Problem with that front 3 is Ronaldo can't play wide anymore and Dybala is rubbish when he plays wide so 2 out of your front 3 don't fit into a position and 2 out of your front 3 aren't really hard workers so I do think to an extent it is impossible to play them as a 3 unless you play Ronaldo and Costa as a 2 with Dybala in behind which makes you very narrow. Mandzukic kind of froze himself out by not leaving in the summer he was told by the board that he wasn't needed but sounds like he's off somewhere in January for a huge contract.

The quality of the squad means they'll always be there at the end of the CL but I think they've probably put to much in the Ronaldo basket because you are basically hoping that he turns up like he did for Madrid and score you 10 goals in the knockout rounds to carry you through. He could easily do this because he's a freak but he's also well into his 30's now so you almost need a different plan for the league but his ego means he won't sit out games as he's chasing records.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back