My lock down woes....... add your own

Shoot

Banned
Firstly, this is not meant to trivialise what this terrible virus is doing and the devastating effect it is having on families. I am greatful not to have been too badly affected by this crisis, this virus, and hopeful that will remain the case.
This is simply a mention to my more mundane troubles and woes of the lock down. How about your own?

1. I feel very uninspired, lazy and lethargic - I suspect the fact that I have decided to diet is a factor in this, its withdrawal from all that shit that we tend to eat. But I am going to stick at it and take my Wellman tablets.

2. Polish Mince Beef - I went to Sainsbury's yesterday to make sure I had sufficient supplies for over the Easter period. This was my 3rd visit to this store in the last 2 weeks. There are good social distancing measures been put in place by the store and the staff are managing it in a commendable way. So having waited in the queue for approx 15 mins in I strolled and up the first isle which is fresh meat - for 2 weeks it was impossible to get mince so I was surprised to see the shelf stacked with it, oh and even better its reduced to 1.99 a pack - then I noticed it was Polish!! What the feck is Sainsburys doing selling Polish mince?
Still 2 packs of it made a nice homemade chilli

3. Itchy Nose - This happened on my last 2 visits to the store and didn't disappoint this time. After grabbing some diced chicken breast I moved on and up into the second isle, and that's when it started. I developed a very irritating itchy nose which of course I don't want to touch after handling things in store. I was near crazed with it by the time I got round and out the store where I immediately fetched my hand sanitiser and after applying had a very satisfying nose scratch. I suspect I'm not on my own here!

4. Wine - 2 nice bottles of Pinot Noir was part of my Sainsbury's shop - this is the weekly alcohol allowance I have gave myself while dieting. So one for Easter Friday night (tonight) and one for Easter Sunday night. Lovely!
So, back to my binge watching Designated Survivor last night. Tell you what let's crack open one of them bottles and just have a glass, it will just mean less on Friday night. Two episodes later, tell you what I may as well just drink the rest of that bottle and forget about having any Friday night!
01.20 AM - feck it, lets get pished. Opens the other bottle and based on it being empty when I got up this morning afternoon I clearly supped the lot. So, now I sit here with feck all having drunk my whole alcohol allowance for the week. Stroll on next Thursday!!

5, New Haircut - So, gets out of bed and heads straight to the bathroom for a pish prior to showering. Soon as I walked in and caught myself in the mirror the memory came flooding right back. As I was getting merrily pished I decided to take a break from Designated Survivor to carry out what had suddenly become an overwhelming urge. No barber any time soon, so lets shave the head (the seed had been planted from something on the TV earlier in the evening).
So now I am looking at the results, it's a feckin mess. I remember pain due to the trimmers not being properly charged and put them on charge for a bit but its supposed to be a 24 hr charge so I just made do trying to get shaved to a number 2. Luckily I found I had left the trimmers on charge overnight so was able to tidy it up a bit. But its not a good look. Feck it!! The sobriety for the next week will clearly do me good.

Aye, it's very quiet at the mo though, most likely because there is no football. Hope all the other usual posters are all well. Hows you?

Getting by. Got fitted for a new driver a couple of weeks back. Brought it home and two hours later we went on lock down so its still in the feckin wrapper. :p

I’m not doing too badly. Tuesday will be 4 weeks social distancing but I luckily haven’t had any signs of the virus.

I’ve always tracked my drinks because well I drink too much and my doctor got me to a few years ago and this is probably the least I’ve drank in 14 years (every drink I have goes in to an app on my phone). I’ve had 2 crates of beer in that time. But only been drinking on the Thursdays and Fridays. When I’ve been on zoom calls with others. Hadn’t played my PS4 in years (the only game I had was crash bandicoot) but now cracking out a few newer versions of games I did play. Got Metal Gear Solid 5 for £3.99 and GTA5 for £14. Not a massive gamer obviously but need something to pass the time. Online poker has been something I’ve got back in to as well. I’d actually like to keep some of the changes when everything is back to normal. Get used to spending a few more nights in doors rather than being out every evening.

Really grateful I’m still working as it keeps me in some sort of routine even if it is just making sure I’m up and showered before the daily Skype meeting at 8:30.

I have developed a major ice cream obsession though.

Apart from having no idea what day it is anymore I’m doing ok.

Sticking to my usual drinking routines Friday and Saturday night only maybe a few Sunday afternoon.

Walk the dog every day and been trying to exercise but it’s broken my legs they clearly aren’t used to it.

Haven’t been able to taste anything for 3 weeks but hasn’t stopped me pigging out on food.

Highlight of my week is now the food shop nice to just get in the car and go somewhere.

Be totally honest not missing football that much but missing the social side of watching matches with my dad or mates

Highlight of my week is now the food shop nice to just get in the car and go somewhere.
Yep I agree with that one. I actually look forward to shopping trips now!

Me and the wife go for a walk around the housing estate every day - pretty sure people think we are casing the area. So that’s good to keep the physical health going.

My health anxiety is keeping in check at the moment which is a good thing but if anyone has anxiety you know it could flip at any point. Just trying to avoid the news as best I can.

Other than that lockdown is okay. Pretty gutted we can’t spend Easter with the family as it’s always a big family celebration full of foody goodness but y’know it’s worth missing for one year to keep everyone safe.

Good to hear everyone else is hanging in there.:)

yea I now limit my exposure to the news, too many folk on tv now voicing opinions who arent qualified to do so. It doesn't help. lets just be reporting facts.
I enjoy heading to the supermarket, but once there I just want to get round and back out to my tub of hand sanitiser before going home to scrub the hands and having a gurgle with listerine.
Too many folk in there wandering around with the phone stuck to their ear and not giving any concentration to keeping distance, why cant they just make a fecking shopping list with their partners before going to the supermarket!

The supermarket shop is like real life pac-man working your way through the maze collecting items trying to avoid getting to close to the ghosts.

Glad that the sun came out I imagine lock down in the dreary autumn month would be a lot harder to take the suns out, the birds are chirping, flowers are blooming and even if you’re just out for a walk that makes a big difference.

I’ve given up watching those daily news briefings there’s nothing new in them every day just need people to keep it up it’s very clear this is going to hit the UK hard probably harder than any other country in Europe the way things are going so it’s essential we keep it up to give people a fighting chance.

Easy thing to be having a go at the police but it's not an easy job for them. Any video evidence I have seen that folk have posted online shows people giving them back chat and therefore needlessly escalating things.
If these morons would just explain themselves in a courteous manner most of these supposed (over the top police incidents) wouldn't happen.
They should get themselves a Janet & John book and try and educate themselves during lockdown

Didn’t realise people were having a go at the police. What absolute idiots. There shouldn’t be anyone around for them to speak to. Everyone should be social distanced. The idiots on the park want £100 fines. £60 obviously isn’t a deterrent enough.

There’s been a few stories of people refusing to desperate or being caught having house parties but so far I’d say the police have been pretty hands off but they are starting to warn people that if necessary they will crack down.

I know round here they’ve been doing a lot of vehicle checks pulling people over asking where they are going to try and encourage people to stay home but it’s tough not every home is a happy home. They want to stop people going to the shop every day encourage people to do bigger less frequent shops but unless you have a car that isn’t always easy as they’re also saying you have to go alone.

We certainly have had a much more hands off lockdown that other countries for example they could easily have shutdown London now and restricted travel in and out given how widespread the virus is in the capital.

Had to have light mayo as the supermarket was all out of the normal. Not impressed at all to be honest.

That’s just terrible!

I did fajitas the other day and instead of salsa I got the Hellman’s Mexican Spicy sauce. Highly recommend. Not that spicy but a lovely flavour!

because we buy online, we can't buy from the English isle, so no Strongbow or Sage and Onion stuffing! I shouldn't drink anyway so in one way thats good, but I have been drinking Corona and it makes me feel really rough the next day, so that's not so good.

can't seem to buy joints of pork either. and mince is a bit hit and miss

I have to say I guess I'm in a fortunate position so I'm really not finding lock down too bad.

Sure I'm missing friends and family. Sure I'm missing going to the pub, going for a meal, and the convenience of just popping to the shops or to the supermarket.

But overall I'm in a fortunate position. I'm working from home. I have my girlfriend here with me. I have my beautiful 4 month old baby here with me and I'm getting to be around her more than I usually would. I still get my 3 year old gorgeous girl 2-3 nights a week. I have a garden and a nice house. We are getting house jobs done and putting nice touches on the house.

And I don't say any of this to rub it in to those in a less fortunate position. I say this to be positive.

I just wonder what world we will emerge to. Will we ever go back to work the way we did before? Or will home working for many be the new norm?

No football and the golf courses are closed. Its my ultimate nightmare.

Football are back in Germany like Die Bundesliga soon even by English Premier league and Serie A and La Liga and Lique One plus rest of European football ..

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back