Music

Not exactly new music but I’ve been on a big Dylan session today.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So is the song I would walk 2.5 miles and I would walk 2.5 miles more?

I’m not sure if it would be up your street but I’m a fan of Macklemore Wednesday Morning. Song About the day after Trump got in.

I just listened to that. Its a pleasent enough little ditty I suppose, but that's all.

I'm settled on Thin Lizzy The Collection at the moment. Good stuff, lifts the mood no end.

I am in the process of putting together a compilation from the New Wave late 70s and 80s era. There are some hidden / forgotten gems.
Here's one from West London band Furniture.

What a band this was. I will never get this compilation done without putting 2-3 of theirs in.

Oh wow... this will be a great compilation

Echo & The Bunnymen - First one is a true classic

A couple from Julian Cope and The Teardrop Explodes

World Shut Your Mouth

Reward

I've spent a couple of enjoyable hours listening to Michael Kiwanuka. His last two albums are splendid. Sprinkles of David Axelrod, Marvin Gaye and The Heavy.

Now I've got a Solomon Burke playlist going.

I've spent a couple of enjoyable hours listening to Michael Kiwanuka. His last two albums are splendid. Sprinkles of David Axelrod, Marvin Gaye and The Heavy.

Now I've got a Solomon Burke playlist going.
I enjoy watching Kiwanuka in a live setting. He is a solid live performer.

All good stuff on those Youtube videos, it's my kind of music I grew up on. The Cure, Simple Minds, U2 (early stuff), Big Country, The Alarm, Waterboys, Weller.

These days I struggle with decent music and find myself not listening to anything as I can never find anything worth listening to, unless i go back 30 years. I do like later stuff from the likes of Keane, Snow Patrol, Pearl Jam etc but it doesn't grab me like music used to. I'd love to find some new stuff to get into. I have been listening to Radio 6 lately which is quite good.

Yep, I struggle to find new music to get into which is clearly an age thing. You go back to the stuff from your young days because at the time you identified with the artists, we struggle to identify with new acts that come through.
But in the main I like my music live as opposed to recorded material and when it comes to live music I lap everything up, all types, rock, pop, jazz, swing, northern soul, punk, motown, classical and in no particular order. Just love live music.
Strangely, the type of music I been posting I have better appreciation for it now than I had then. I was busy being a bit of a rocker back then.

I paid extra to get a premium JBL sound system in my new car being delivered in October so working on having some great driving music to listen to.

I have a 30 min drive to work and back and I've resorted to listening to YouTube fan channels such as The United Stand, Stephen Howson and Stretford Paddock. I find these more interesting to listen to than music I'm not fussed about. Sometimes though I actually want to beat the head off the guy on The United Stand haha, he just rants and I get to work stressed haha

My favourite music is Charlatans, Stone Roses, Suede etc.

But I find myself going right back to my youth on Spotify, I listen to a woman in chains play list I found that runs through all the old bands, tears for fears, cure, prefab sprout, Human League etc.

And I set up my own play list with RUN DMC, Beasties, Dre, Jurassic 5, Guru, Erik B etc.

So I tend to jump between old rap and and old pop.

Which is weird, because back in the late 80's early ninetes I didn't listen to it. I was out in the clubs with acid and early house music etc.

My daughters listen to new stuff and I can't be doing with it. Although Billie Eilish is interesting. I sent the eldest off to Reading last year to see her.

And here's something truly embarrasing, it takes about 90 min to cut my grass on my drive on mower, and I listen to Elaine Page's songs from musicals on R2 on a Sunday afternoon.... The Shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I find myself going right back to my youth on Spotify, I listen to a woman in chains play list I found that runs through all the old bands, tears for fears, cure, prefab sprout, Human League etc.

Here's something truly embarrasing, it takes about 90 min to cut my grass on my drive on mower, and I listen to Elaine Page's songs from musicals on R2 on a Sunday afternoon.... The Shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You need to have a long hard look at yourself, mate. A ride on mower? FFS!

And I set up my own play list with RUN DMC, Beasties, Dre, Jurassic 5, Guru, Erik B etc.

So I tend to jump between old rap and and old pop.

Which is weird, because back in the late 80's early ninetes I didn't listen to it. I was out in the clubs with acid and early house music etc.

My daughters listen to new stuff and I can't be doing with it. Although Billie Eilish is interesting. I sent the eldest off to Reading last year to see her.

And here's something truly embarrasing, it takes about 90 min to cut my grass on my drive on mower, and I listen to Elaine Page's songs from musicals on R2 on a Sunday afternoon.... The Shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr C - you went up, up, up in my estimations talking about Charlatans and Stone Roses and being a clubber into acid and house music BUT then clearly blew the lot boasting listening to Elaine Paige musicals on R2. The absolute shame of it!

Pure comedy :):):):)

I have box fulls of tapes from the very late 80's and early 90's from all the rave venues I used to go to with DJ's like Sasha, Fabio and Grooverider. Ever heard of the Eclipse in Coventry? That was my Saturday night special, rave til 8am, home and quick shower then off to work off my nut for 9am (ish haha) at a garage that I used to do fuel filling (anyone remember that). Great days!

Hahaha, yeah it is a bit shameful. I don't even like musicals!

I was at one of Oakenfolds first gigs, but my favourite DJ was Digweed. I was also on the beach for Fatboys slims gig that about 200,000 turned up for. Proper mental that night.

Yeh I remember that one, awesome! John Digweed used to play at Renaissance in Mansfield and Nottingham, we used to travel up there a bit too

This morning whilst working i've been blasting out the Kanye West College Dropout album.

First when I put it on I couldn't believe it was 17 yrs old. But still a cracking album. Back when Kanye was just an excellent music producer and not the weird guy he's become now.

This morning whilst working i've been blasting out the Kanye West College Dropout album.

First when I put it on I couldn't believe it was 17 yrs old. But still a cracking album. Back when Kanye was just an excellent music producer and not the weird guy he's become now.

Always a go to album for me so many bangers on it.

Been listening to a lot of The King Blues recently. This one just came on on my train home from the office. Seemed fitting of the time.

Didn’t realise they were still going had some of their stuff years ago.

I've been listening to some old underworld, prodigy, orbital etc while doing my exercise bike.
Did laugh last night, got an option for behind the lyrics on orbital

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back