Mourinho's post match interview v Brighton

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very brave to call the players out in public could go one of two ways really he losses them forever or he gets the reaction he wants.

Clearly dropped Sanchez along with Pogba who remained benched based on their form.

If he’s got the clubs backing which he has I think a few players who are popular with fans could be gone this summer. I think Shaw & Martial are losing the managers trust on a daily basis.

Just feels like Jose is laying the foundations for a summer clear out to me. Which we desperately need.

100% agree on the clear out being needed but will those who survive want to play for him?

Think the attitude of our players has been questionable for a long time now and you wonder if some big names might pay the price in the summer.

The question of attitude,from mainly the press, is something I'm uncomfortable with. I think we've got a lot of players at the club who simply aren't good enough. Simple as that. Not attitude but ability.

It's an unbalanced squad we all know that. But in the hard light of day there isn't enough talent there to be competing to win a league or a CL. People will moan that JM has spend a lot of money. But his only been able to purchase what 6 players and 2 on a free. The fees for players are out of his control.

Personally I look at Lukaku, Sanchez, Pogba, Bailly, Matic and Ibra last season and think on paper we are getting much better players. Sure they've not all performed to a high standard week in week out like we know they can but there's so much ability there. It's just surrounding them with better squad players to get the best out of them. And for me there's too many hangers on in this squad. I think JM has done well to squeeze what he has out of players like Smalling, Jones, Young who aren't Man Utd of old standard players. While at the same time improving Lingard. Giving Rashford minutes. Sticking mctominay in the deep end.

But there comes a time where we have to all say if we want to get to the top again the deadwood has to go. This is a shout out for me that times up for certain people at the club. And the senior players or the bigger names will react to that. And if they don't well sometimes you have to take a step back to go 2 forward. Because getting us back on top is more important then anything else.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back