Mourinho's go to sub

Sideshow Bob

I'm not one to hate Fellaini, he has his uses and at times receives unwarranted criticism, however when Arsenal scored their second goal Mourinho immediately beckoned him to get ready. It's frustrating. The quality in United's performance deteriorated following his introduction.

Yes he has done well of late, but he should not be at the club. We shouldn’t have to resort to those tactics.

Fellaini and Lukaku both offered nothing when coming on. Matic I’ve given a hard time recently but he had a brilliant game yesterday

The subs killed our momentum but I think they needed to happen as we were running out of steam a bit and we didn't really have like for like options on the bench.

Fellaini becomes a problem whenever he plays because he has a real effect on the way we play now playing to his strength can be effective but to the detriment of others who else benefits when we play long ball to him?

Lukaku was very poor when he came on he's so out of shape physically but also in terms of his confidence with the ball he looks a bag of nerves every time he gets it.

The subs killed our momentum but I think they needed to happen as we were running out of steam a bit and we didn't really have like for like options on the bench.

Fellaini becomes a problem whenever he plays because he has a real effect on the way we play now playing to his strength can be effective but to the detriment of others who else benefits when we play long ball to him?

Lukaku was very poor when he came on he's so out of shape physically but also in terms of his confidence with the ball he looks a bag of nerves every time he gets it.

Lukaku needs to make some serious improvement to get in our side he really does, I know he's bereft of confidence but he just doesnt look fit ! Rashford sprinting and he just ambles around pointing and walking - the crowd getting on his back seemed to make him chase down a bit more.

You can see why we have one of the best records for lack of short sprints and lack of ground coverage.

Lukaku needs to make some serious improvement to get in our side he really does, I know he's bereft of confidence but he just doesnt look fit ! Rashford sprinting and he just ambles around pointing and walking - the crowd getting on his back seemed to make him chase down a bit more.

You can see why we have one of the best records for lack of short sprints and lack of ground coverage.

There was a moment that summed it up for me last night he had the defender exactly where he wants him think it was Mustafi who'd played 70 minutes at this point. Lukaku kicks the ball past him and he can't beat him in a 20 yard sprint despite being fresh off the bench and much stronger normally Lukaku would make mince meat of the defender in that position but right now he's looking slow.

I think he's bulked up to much and it's effecting his speed, agility and leap as he's not dominating in the air as much as normal either and carrying that extra bulk will deplete your energy reserves much quicker as well. I don't know who's doing the conditioning work at Utd but they need to get him trimmed down fast. It could be a natural thing as he's got older his body has changed we are all different from that point of view.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back