Mourinho: Pogba ‘a virus’

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There is some truth to this the team all look to this guy to carry them and when he’s on it he’s unstoppable but when he’s not he can bring everyone down but when he’s not on it others need to step up and drive the team from midfield.

I thought Herrera did that at times but I don’t recall Matic or Fellaini ever running the game from midfield even against weak opposition it always falls on Pogba to play the forward passes

Given the source of that story you can guess where it’s come from and it seems like the Pogba vs Mourinho war is back on after a brief ceasefire.

At this point both need to go Mourinho needs to go now and if his attitude doesn’t improve then sell Pogba in the summer.

He is a virus, his attitude sucks and when he’s dropped it ends up in press debacle.

JSP is right, Jose should go now, Pogba has 6 months to save his United career

Jose only has himself to blame. He mostly plays Pogba in the midfield with 2 guys who have the creative ability of a dead moth.

Play him alongside Fred and Herrera 2
Players with energy and the ability to play a pass. Pogba won’t have to attempt to do it all alone and won’t lose the ball as much as he’s not needing to beat 2/3 players before a pass is on or attempt a world class pass every time to make something happen.

And here we are with another pogba feud. Don't know that I particularly like his attitude all the time but I guess one of the questions we have to ask is does he have the same attitude with France and when he was at juve. If the answer is yes then their managers seem to handle it better. If the answer is no then maybe Jose brings that out of him. Either way it's another battle with a player. Just get rid of Jose and start again.

I'm sick to death of crap football, Mourinho, his antics, his winging, player feuds, negativity, rubbish team selection and I could go on all night.

I think if we lose at home to Arsenal I'm gonna stop watching until Mourinho has gone. I can't do it anymore. Watching us look disinterested and second best for chunks of time to lowly Southampton broke me.

I agree about Jose but I don’t like a player bringing it onto the pitch. His display yesterday was a disgrace and he should be embarrassed. Jose should go but Pogba isn’t making me take his side because he just isn’t putting the effort in.

I think marginally, he lost the ball really cheaply, as did others, but he made no effort to get it back. He also acts like he’s a superstar but doesn’t play like one.

There are many people that were worse than Pogba yesterday. Lukaku, Fellaini, Matic, Young all definitely worse. He acts like a superstar and we judge him like one. That’s why we’re highly more critical of his performance than others.

I don’t think attitude was the problem yesterday he just had a stinker his touch was off his passing was off and apart from Rashford & Herrera I don’t think anyone really covered themselves in glory.

He clearly gets frustrated with team mates and can be a bit of a diva but others need to step up and say get off the ball Paul I’m running this midfield now you cover me I think he’d do that but no one steps up. I don’t think he wants to be the superstar all the time but he doesn’t hide he keeps taking the ball and trying things but when it doesn’t come off it looks really bad.

Is it really his fault we give away 2 sloppy goals was it him bottling tackles in the build up to the first? Did he make a bad tackle and give away a free kick in a dangerous area?

Further reports coming out that Pogba responded to the comments in the dressing room complaining that he never has a pass on when he gets the ball because the tactics don't allow players the freedom to move into space.

This discussion was apparently quite calm and was not some sort of heated battle.

Mourinho refused to comment on the story in his press conference saying he won't respond to rumours but more importantly he didn't deny that it happened.

I can't see a conversation from Pogba to Mourinho about his tactics being crap wouldn't be heated. Mourinho doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to take any sort of criticism quietly

Not to state the obvious but if and when Maurene goes, the huge positive would be to see how much Pogba and the rest of the lads attitude changes - atleast then were in a position where we're more sure about players with terrible attitudes and get them out of the club at that stage.

But if only it were that easy ...

I think it would be an absolute no brainer that the attitudes will change. As long as we don't bring Pulis or someone like him in lol

I can't see a conversation from Pogba to Mourinho about his tactics being crap wouldn't be heated. Mourinho doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to take any sort of criticism quietly

The stories you hear are behind the scenes he can be quite calm and is prepared to listen to player you have to remember he was schooled at Barcelona where players are encouraged to offer their opinion back to the manager. If you are having a discussion about what went wrong then you have to listen to the response of the players when you have criticised them you don't have to agree but you have to listen.

However, given the source of the article that has only come from one place and that is Mourinho there's no way Duncan Castles would burn that relationship without Mourinho's sign off on it and as I said he never denied it when it came up today if it was a lie then he'd have slapped it down straight away. He can't do that because he's obviously said it and there's a room full of witnesses that could say otherwise.

Not to state the obvious but if and when Maurene goes, the huge positive would be to see how much Pogba and the rest of the lads attitude changes - atleast then were in a position where we're more sure about players with terrible attitudes and get them out of the club at that stage.

But if only it were that easy ...

Think this is the problem there are clearly lads at the club who are playing for themselves and not the team if I was in charge of the club I'd have my eye on the ones who suddenly step it up and there card would be marked as I'm not sure they're the sort of people you want at a club.

You can't have lads who will down tools in a sulk but I think that's probably just the modern player they know managers will come and go and they hold the power but you want players who put the club first on the pitch even when they have problems off it. I think there's a bad culture at Utd were failure and average performance has been rewarded you get the impression there are quite a few happily taking the pay cheque and don't really care about playing.

It says Pogba got booed when he came on. Is that the press trying it in again? I would have thought the booing was about lingard going off not Pogba on

Tbf I was out with the missus in a bar where it was on but silent I have no idea why the booing happened and didn’t know until you just mentioned it but I think the crowd got frustrated firstly because of the Fellaini sub because I got numerous messages. So probably just riled up from then.

The booing was pathetic. Chelsea fans turned against Hazard because of Mourinho.

It says Pogba got booed when he came on. Is that the press trying it in again? I would have thought the booing was about lingard going off not Pogba on

I'd say it was mixed there were definitely a few boos mixed in with the cheers and it was 100% aimed at Pogba.

His performances over the last few weeks have turned a few fans on him and I think criticism is fair given his profile and wages we deserve better from him as he's just not been on it at all and we know he can do much better.

I'd see it more as a kick up the backside from the fans and hopefully he reacts in the right way as plenty of players have had this before Ronaldo & Rooney were both booed but a good performance will quickly get fans back on your side.

I don't think the boo's were in support of the managers comments just think it was genuine frustration at his performances this season and for some Southampton was the breaking point.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back