Mourinho joins Sky Sports

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Yep everyone’s favourite bad guy has signed up to be a pundit on Sky this season his first game being this afternoons clash between his former clubs.

He’s been pretty good value as a pundit working on other channels so will be interesting to see what he says.

He’s probably gagged from saying to much about Utd because normally part of your pay off settlement is some sort of gagging order so he’s not going to lift the lid but will be interesting to see what he does feel he can say about working at both clubs.

I know things went sour very quickly with us but I do get the impression that he’s gutted it didn’t work out for him at Utd but he’s a man of many excuses I wonder if he’ll have a few things to say about Woodward.

This guy talks utter nonsense. I can't believe he's going to be in the sky sports studio for the foreseeable future. Can't stand to listen to his dross.

He talks nonsense though. Always has done always will do. He talks in riddles and never gives a straight answer.

He was good as a pundit you can see he's holding back because he isn't allowed to talk about the past but in terms of tactics he's interesting to listen to because he does know his stuff the man isn't a fool so he gives you something different.

He's one of those people who is very annoying but when he's on form he does have a bit of charm problem is that charming side disappears very quickly when he's managing and he turns into a very nasty piece of work.

He's one of those people who is very annoying but when he's on form he does have a bit of charm problem is that charming side disappears very quickly when he's managing and he turns into a very nasty piece of work.
I think he used to have some charm and charisma but now actually I just find him annoying. I find his character tedious to be honest.

I think he used to have some charm and charisma but now actually I just find him annoying. I find his character tedious to be honest.

It's still in there seems to come out a lot more when he isn't managing but listen to anyone talk about the guy and they say Madrid changed him as a person he became a much harder to person to deal with

I'll be totally honest he looks a much happier and healthier man when he isn't working when he is working he looks shattered and he's a right grump.

I'll be totally honest he looks a much happier and healthier man when he isn't working when he is working he looks shattered and he's a right grump
I think that's a very fair assessment. And he says himself he's a very different person away from football.

No doubt, a lot of his last season at united was to do with what was going on behind the scenes, seems he got shafted a bit. Similar to Zidane at Madrid this year, apparantly they are trying to keep him away from press wherever possible.

Mourinho I think has suffered from a bit of a change in the role of the manager when he was at Chelsea and Inter he had a lot of power and control on who came and went from the clubs but that changed at Madrid and when he went back to Chelsea and then to Utd. Not having that power and being the big dog really messed with him and I think 3 years as Real Madrid manager is hard graft as the pressure is relentless as only perfection is accepted and he was up against that peak Barca side as well.

I think Utd tooks it's toll he came here to try and put us back on top he had a plan to do that but the club weren't backing him up 100% and once he realised he'd lost that backing it became toxic to a point where I don't even think the club has fully recovered from it.

As I've said before it wasn't all his fault but while he didn't start the fire he was certainly the guy who poured petrol on it once it was lit.

I personally think he gave up as he knew he was in a fight he couldn't win and just did everything he could to get the sack and take his pay off.

Zidane is in a similar position but he's being a bit of an a*se about the whole thing he clearly wants players out but if no one is prepared to buy them you can't just keep buying more that isn't how football works. This was also a problem for Jose he probably would have been allowed to sign more players if the club had been able to sell a few more to create space for them.

I thought he was good on Sunday and Carragher and Souness looked like idiots trying to go after him.

I thought he was good on Sunday and Carragher and Souness looked like idiots trying to go after him.

You can tell he's holding back on what he'd like to say because he knows there's certain things he can't talk about which is a shame imagine what an off the record chat with him would be like.

I thought he was a bit hard on Lampard and Chelsea, they all were. For great parts of the game they held their own. And it's great they are using their youth players. It's been levelled at Chelsea for years they never use their youth players. Now they are they get it for that too. Don't lay into for that.

Yeah he was hard on Chelsea but when you lose 4-0 you're going to take it off pundits but that was more his way of saying this is the risk when you put young players in they make mistakes and don't always deliver sort of justifying his own decisions down the years to not play them.

Be interesting to see what he's like when he's doing games for teams he didn't manage.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back