Mourinho believes some former United players want the club to fail

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It was a nice read. Also he hits the nail on the head when he says that former players want the club to fail so that their legacy is embellished further. I mean the class of 92 has made a living out of being hypo critical about the club. Scholes is the worst of the lot. Neville also pushes his own agenda by backing LVG till the end as his mate Giggsy was part of the coaching staff. Anyone remember his silent domination by Rooney analysis. It was hilarious.

To be fair to Neville, he did say a few days ago people should remember how terrible they were in 2003 area.

I don't think anyone who has not been a manager should be a pundit. It should be ex managers, people like Neville, Scholes, Murphy etc, how can they criticism managers? they have never done it and the ones that have have been awful.

I've gone right off Scholes since he left, I preferred it when he didn't open his mouth. And weirdly Keane has grown on me.

Mourinho should have way more positive press, 3 trophies and taken the club to second, managed a difficult situation with an off form Pogba whose agent was in the press very well.

I mean this is basically 100% aimed at Neville and Scholes but there job as a pundit is to call it as they see it and they grew up as Utd fans so I don't for 1 minute think they want to see us fail to protect their legacy, if anything they're sick of seeing us fail because that is what the last 5 years has been when you compare it to the 20 years previous to that.

Fergie & the class of 92 set the bar and they set it really bloody high but if you want your £15m a year contract that is the standard fans expect you to achieve if you don't like it then do one.

If Mourinho wants to win fans over taking on the legends in the press is not the way to do it as it's a battle he won't win until he put the big trophies in the cupboard because that's what these boys did as players.

Neville who this is clearly aimed at makes a point of never calling for a managers head and he's been very positive about Mourinho at times when we've played well or got good results but when we have played poorly and dropped silly points he's been harsh and critical like he is with every team if anything he goes harder on Utd because he actually cares.

Scholes is just a miserable bugger whatever is going on but he's watching the same game as us and quite often at the end of 90 minutes regardless of the result it's quite hard to be positive.

Mourinho should have way more positive press, 3 trophies and taken the club to second, managed a difficult situation with an off form Pogba whose agent was in the press very well.

Sorry bud but I disagree. In fact in some ways I'm not sure Jose gets enough criticism from us. Yeah he gets a hard time in the press and yeah maybe that's unfair but we should be much harder on him. His style of football is nothing short of awful and when it doesn't yield results then he needs to come under the spotlight.

Why does style of football matter only when mourinho wins. I mean had we won using the same tactics that Chelsea employed the other day the press and fans would have given pelters to mourinho and the team. But since it was Chelsea there was not even a single article discussing the style of football and the tactics that conte employed.

Why does style of football matter only when mourinho wins. I mean had we won using the same tactics that Chelsea employed the other day the press and fans would have given pelters to mourinho and the team. But since it was Chelsea there was not even a single article discussing the style of football and the tactics that conte employed.

You know it's a very valid point bud. Jose does take a lot of pelters from the media for his tactics. But you know what? I don't care what other teams and managers do. I only care about ours.

I think when you win a cup final it’s unlikely that your tactics will be questioned certainly in the UK were Mourinho tactics in the Europa League final questioned after the game?

Chelsea did what they’ve done all season 3-5-1-1 direct into the target man up top looking for Hazard to play off him, Utd did something different we played Herrera in some weird CB/man marking role which restricted Pogba from pushing forward.

Mourinho likes to pretend the world is against him but he’s praised when he gets it right he was praised a lot for wins especially in big games but equally he’s blamed when we get flat performances and this season there were way to many of them.

He desperately needs to find a functioning attack next season as the fans need to see a team that excites as the song goes “when they’re playing in your town get yourself to that football ground” currently I don’t think anyone looks forward to watching us that has got to change.

It's got to the point where fans will not be watching. We've had 5 years of rubbish now, games are getting harder and harder to watch. Very frustrating.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back