Most Impressive Teams so far

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018' started by jsp, Jun 19, 2018.

1. jsp

jsp Well-Known Member

So who's impressed you so far now that we've seen everyone once?

I think the most impressive team I've watched so far were Spain they just got done by Ronaldo being Ronaldo and a gaff by De Gea. After that I'd have to say England in that first half last night were brilliant.

Surprise package so far would be Mexico they not only beat Germany in that first game but they took them to school at times and should have battered them.

Everyone looks dodgy at the back from what I've seen which could make for some great games later on when the big nations start taking each other on toe to toe.

2. O-Dog

O-Dog Well-Known Member

Yeah, Mexico and Spain. England too, if we can play like that first 30 minutes.

3. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

England were the side that pressed the most, I worry about the defene but going back to my first point, no teams are really pressing.

Spain looked good yeah, I thought Uraguay were ok even though they missed sitters. Even though they lost and I only saw the last 15 mins, Germany were good for that.

Really disappointed with France and Brasil

4. jsp

jsp Well-Known Member

Thing with France is they only need one of their super talents to turn up and the can win they don't really gel together but at Euro 2016 it was the same one game Griezmann turned up, then it way Payet then it was Sissoko. I don't think that plan is particularly sustainable Deschamp reminds me a bit of Mourinho that he doesn't really know his best team and he's tinkering with it to much. I assume there's a lot of pressure in France to play the youngsters but should guys like Tolliso & Dembele get picked ahead of Matuidi & Giroud?

5. RichH2016

RichH2016 Moderator

I think for me it's Russia. I know they've really not played good sides but coming in to the tournament they had like the worst record of all teams. And to be fair you can only beat what's in front of you and they've done that handily.

6. O-Dog

O-Dog Well-Known Member

Croatia will give anyone a hard game. Tough yet skillful.

7. JSNFRMN

JSNFRMN Moderator

After 20 minutes I said England were the best at that point, was being told by my mates that i'd jinxed them, luckily Kane saved me.

Missed the first Croatia game but they were top tonight, Iceland will be annoyed that they played Argentina first when they were just sounding things out. Croatia would have beaten Argentina by a few more if it was the final game and they were already through with nothing to lose. Bit cautious at 0-0 at 1-0 but as soon as that 2nd went in they were away and Argentina were completely gone.

Mexico against Germany was impressive but Germany very stupid tactically and Mexico picked them off time and time again.

The big teams have been underwhelming to say the least. Until they're playing each other though, you don't know how good they are, so difficult to play against these well organised defences. Spain looked excellent at times against Portugal.

8. RichH2016

RichH2016 Moderator

Yeah they did but that defense is suspect. Iran got at them a few times and that's Iran. A team who for the most part didn't bother to play.

9. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Considering the size of the country, Iceland did ok, looking forward to seeing them again today.

10. SuperRash

SuperRash Moderator

Got to say, the most impressive sides so far are Russia and Croatia.

Mexico yes but let’s see them back that Germany win up with a good performance vs Sweden. A lot of sides follow up worldy wins with dour performances.

11. RichH2016

RichH2016 Moderator

Yeah I'm with you here bud. Mexico need to do that again before I'll even start considering them.

12. jsp

jsp Well-Known Member

Let's just say that certain questions are being asked about the energy levels of the Russian team who seem to be doing a lot more running in games than was expected.

13. IDFD

IDFD Well-Known Member

They’re on average running further than any other side