Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Morgan Schneiderlin match discussion thread for the 2015/16 season.

Club America - 18/7/2015

Very good debut. Got stuck in, pressed well, passing was good, showed he can be a threat from set pieces too. Van Gaal pointed out many times last season that he lacked height when defending set pieces, suppose that goes for attacking them too. Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger and Darmian not exactly towering presences but all around 6 foot which is all you need really.

Tottenham Hotspur - 8/8/2015

Thought he was excellent today.

Aston Villa - 14/8/2015

Quality on the ball was offish. He wasn't alone to be fair.

I'm probably being overly critical. I felt he was occasionally loose.

Manchester United 2-1 Wolfsburg - 30th September 2015

He struggled last night.

I've been a bit disappointed with his quality on the ball and his ability to make himself available for a passing option so far.

Yeah I'm the same. The fact he was the only signing to come from a Premier League club most would have thought, me included, that he would settle in the best of all the new signings. But it's actually been the opposite really. Obviously it's early days but I'd like to see a bit more from him.

Know what you mean lads. I wouldn't say he's been poor but he's certainly not lived up to expectations so far. Very disappointed by him for the 2 goals at Swansea, Romero took a lot of the blame but his positioning and tracking of runners in the build up didn't help. When he signed I said I thought we had a long term successor for Carrick, still do but he's got some improving to do.

Everton 0-3 Manchester United - 17th October 2015

Probably my man of the match today. Big part of why we controlled the game today shielding the defense. He played it around nicely as well, has a good cross field ball in his locker. He looked more confident to me today, which may have been an issue in previous games.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

CSKA 1-1 Manchester United - 21st October 2015

Starting to get with it now I feel after a mixed start. Nothing flash but like Carrick becoming that vital presence in midfield.

I thought he was United's best player. His quality on the ball was better.

His range of passing also has improved. Also he was instrumental in us winning the ball back high up the field.

Manchester United 0-0 Manchester City - 25th October 2015

Another impressive outing. Plenty of tackles and passing like Scholes!

My man of the match to be honest. Provides good protection to the back 4, allows the full backs and his midfield partners more freedom to get forward.

He's been a big improvement of late. Becoming a really key player, which is great.

That stint on the bench has improved him immensely. Is steadily becoming one of the first names if not the first on the team sheet.

Watford 1-2 Manchester United - 21st November 2015

Good performance.

After a slow start he's been United's best midfielder this season.

Really makes a big difference having a player like him in the middle. His growth has been very impressive.

Only going to get better. Averaging the most tackles and interceptions, and has the highest passing % in the squad.

Manchester United 0-0 PSV - 25th November 2015

Poor in the second half; he was an one man midfield to be fair. Execution and choice of passes was disappointing.

Stoke City 2-0 Manchester United - 26th December 2015

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

LVG has a talent to ruin everyone's confidence. First Herrera and Schneiderlin ist the next. Here by picking that headless chicken ahead of them. What should a player think who has performed and finds himself on the bench regularly and seeing tingle-tangle dabble around midfield

There is no doubt that van gaal has certain players he blames when things go wrong. Most of the good things we have done is when Herrera has been playing and yet he is also the one dropped after a bad result. Schneidelin and Herrera make a much more mobile midfield pairing than any of the others.

There is no doubt that van gaal has certain players he blames when things go wrong. Most of the good things we have done is when Herrera has been playing and yet he is also the one dropped after a bad result. Schneidelin and Herrera make a much more mobile midfield pairing than any of the others.

Arguably our two best midfielders who should play every game. Allow them to form an understanding and partnership. Too much changing around with the midfield three

Manchester United 0-0 Chelsea - 28th December 2015

5/5 tackles and 1 interception.

De Gea, Smalling and Schneiderlin should be the first three names on the team sheet.

Newcastle United 3-3 Manchester United - 12th January 2016

Extremely quiet. Disappointing performance.

Went missing for large parts of the game. Especially during the second half.

Schneiderlin really struggled the other night but we shouldn't overlook how important he has been to us this season.

I was actually more excited by his signing than Schweinsteiger in the summer because of how important he will be too us.

He plays that understated role for the team. Most weeks he'll go fairly unnoticed but that is the point of his role. He's not going to create chances, play key passes or score goals. But he'll do the dirty side of the game brilliantly. He'll make key interceptions or make tackles and just generally protect the back 4.

Most weeks he'll maybe be a 7 out of 10 but in the big games he'll have more to do and he'll need to be an 8 or 9.

The other night he struggled but then again even our best defender looked all over the place.

Liverpool 0-1 Manchester United - 17th January 2016

Largely anonymous.

He needs to play alongside a ball playing midfielder.

Anonymous but did we get a clean sheet? And did he help to keep the ball and protect the back 4?! Maybe not a classic performance but he recovered well from his poor midweek performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back