More Referees for Champions League

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Stretford End Arising, May 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stretford End Arising

Stretford End Arising SEA

From next season Champions League fixtures will have two additional referees. Thoughts?

2. JSNFRMN

JSNFRMN Moderator

Re: More Referee's for Champions League

What a joke. I didn't watch much Europa League this year but of what I saw they were still incapable of making right decisions. Waste of money. More officials just makes things more complicated in my opinion. The people who think that this is a better idea than technology are incredibly deluded, it takes 10 seconds for a replay to be shown on TV, which is nothing really when it comes to the right decision being made. I know for a fact i'd be writing this as a fan of the English champions if there was technology. People go on about where you draw the line with technology, why do you need to draw the line? If referee's are unsure about anything the technology will be there.

3. Diggy

Diggy Well-Known Member

If only the antique FIFA president and his suck ups will awaken from their 100 year slumber and realize that, it's 2010 and adapt to modern technology,where the use of GLT is needed, this world would be a better place.

4. JSNFRMN

JSNFRMN Moderator

Yep. The only problem with technology would be the cost, it wouldn't be fair to just have it at 1 or 2 games. Technology would be more cost effective than having 5 officials though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.