Mohamed Salah signs contract extension at Liverpool

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm interested to see if he can do it again next season at 26 was that as good a season as he will ever have or has he truelly moved on to the next level where he can be a 30+ a season wide player on a regular basis as that's a pretty elite group of players.

In that team I see no reason why he can't because the way that front 3 works it's hard to double or triple up on him because you just leave space for the others but surely he'll become more of a marked man next season but surely teams will now set traps to force him wide and not let him inside as easily.

I am interested too, second season is always tricky, if he does it again then he is up there with the world best, especially as Ronaldo and Messi will start to drop off.

It's the Hazard thing for me you can't have one season on and one season off if you want to be considered a genuine superstar it's the same for Sterling & Sane next season they had fantastic seasons with City but the challenge is do it again and again and again this is what the very top players do for me you don't become world class until you've done it 2-3 seasons in a row.

Salah strikes me as a player who is focused, I don't he'll struggle through lack of effort. The problem will come if the sides he plays against get wise and he struggles. Like against united. He then needs to show he has other strings to his bow.

The big difference this season at Liverpool to his time in Italy was he became much more clinical in Italy he'd go one vs one and it was at best 50/50 he would score this season he was more like 75/25 plus he scored a lot of goals at the back post picking up scraps he was so alive in the box.

Surely now teams will be marking him more closely when the ball goes out wide forcing him wide and they'll be much more aware of him arriving at the back post.

Stopping him sounds easy but unless you do what Utd did and drop off giving him no space in behind he's very hard to stop bit like Robben he's so fast if he gets that trick to come inside on his left foot right there's very little the full back can do the job is really on the midfielder to come across and double up on him.

It's the Hazard thing for me you can't have one season on and one season off if you want to be considered a genuine superstar it's the same for Sterling & Sane next season they had fantastic seasons with City but the challenge is do it again and again and again this is what the very top players do for me you don't become world class until you've done it 2-3 seasons in a row.

Exactly my thoughts. Only fools and Liverpool fans rate this guy as world class, right up there with Ronaldo and Messi. You'd have to be dumb to compare Salah with the other two, who have constantly performed for more than 10 years (Ronaldo actually did that for two different clubs and the national team. We all know how successful Salah was with Egypt...). If Salah manages to have another 2 seasons like the last one, then I'll say he's a truly great player. Otherwise he's just another James Rodriguez or Javier Pastore.

I don't get the naivity of teams playing a highline against Liverpool with Firminho Salah and Mane in the side. It was tactical suicide at times by teams last season. They aren't like City to had numerous different ways of hurting you. If you didn't play the high line they'd struggle to get through.

I think the top teams now kind of accept the risk of going toe to toe because early in the season you could get at Liverpool's defence so it wasn't a ridiculous tactic. Yeah you might give up a few goals but the opportunity to score a few yourself was also there. In the first half of the season they let in 5 at City, 3 at Watford, 3 at Arsenal, 4 at Spurs etc so they were very leaky at the back.

Now that the defence appears to be a bit more solid teams might not be so adventurous against them and show them a bit more respect meaning less space for the front 3.

Barcelona apparently willing to pay £150m where have they suddenly got money from?

Sounds like he fancies another new contract.

SureBarca would love to add a player like Salah but they are hopelessly skint unless they sell Messi they’re shopping in the bargain bin.

I’d rather he stayed and just went to complete rubbish so they didn’t get any money but that feels like it’s asking a lot.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back