Mino Raiola - "Over" for Paul Pogba at Manchester United - Monday 7th December.

Ben Townsend

Mino Raiola tells Tuttosport that it is "over" for Pogba at Manchester United.

thoughts ?

Nothing new is it. I cant see anyone spending money on him, and his wages.
Not so long ago Raiola was talking about a new deal. I wonder if we haven't offered what he wants.
Certainly this will be the final nail as far as fans go

Can he take Martial

Do your job Mino and get him a move is my reaction.

Everyone is sick of this whole saga now he's had plenty of slack cut for him and there are some legit excuses for why it hasn't worked but everyone needs a fresh start here. The whole things been a disaster for everyone involved.

Utd have moved on from him on the pitch he's not the superstar anymore and won't be going forward so it's time for him to go there's way to much attention and focus on him when he is playing and even more when he's not playing.

The club just don't need this distraction anymore and that's from someone who's a fan of Pogba bit like Lukaku & Sanchez it's past the point of no return for him get a deal to get him out the door ASAP and let him go and be happy somewhere else.

What is frustrating is his agent doing this after he's just rescued a game for the team and going into a vital European match. If I was Ole I'd be leaving him back in Manchester for the game in Leipzig saying if Pogba can't keep his agent out the press then he won't be in the team.

This agent has made fortunes off Utd in recent seasons it's embarrassing the lack of respect he shows to the club when he makes statements like this.

If he'd have come on at half time and turned the game as Bruno did I could understand this comment. Fact is that Pogba was bloody awful (apart from his goal) and I'm struggling to see who would want to pay decent money for him. Maybe a swap deal might be on the cards?

Adios, Paul, I can't even say it's been fun.

BBC saying Raiola wants him sold in Jan.

I can't see who is going to pay it.

If I was Ole I would stop playing him.

100% that should be his last match unless he comes out in public and says my agent should not be saying these things. But that will never happen. Ole will be furious.

This article sums up how all over the place Raiola is

Looks to me like he's trying to force Utd to the negotiating table over a new deal they both know the best contract offer they could get right now comes from us we're one of the few clubs who aren't being absolutely ravaged by Covid. All the big hitters across European football apart from Bayern are in big financial trouble for the foreseeable.

He tried to get them to talk over the summer and it went nowhere.

Utd have been very quiet over the future of Pogba and how he fits into the long term plans especially since the summer.

The timing of this story suggests it's pre planned and as a result Ole should drop Pogba from his squad as a result.

I hope he is furious. Dont play him and when asked tell the press the truth. We have done everything we can to accommodate him and unless he keeps his agent on a leash this is how it stays.

Looks to me like he's trying to force Utd to the negotiating table over a new deal they both know the best contract offer they could get right now comes from us we're one of the few clubs who aren't being absolutely ravaged by Covid. All the big hitters across European football apart from Bayern are in big financial trouble for the foreseeable.

He tried to get them to talk over the summer and it went nowhere.

Utd have been very quiet over the future of Pogba and how he fits into the long term plans especially since the summer.

The timing of this story suggests it's pre planned and as a result Ole should drop Pogba from his squad as a result.
If what the BBC are saying is true there is no way back

Yep and lets be totally honest if Mino could find us an offer last summer they'd have sold him there and then but no one wants his prize pony right now has he finally bled his cash cow dry.

There's no reason for making this sort of stuff public if he can find a club willing to pay £50m on January 1st then I think everyone would be happy to see the back of him there and then but we won't this will drag on all season now.

If what the BBC are saying is true there is no way back

Yep it's over there's no going back but everyone needs to act like grown up if Pogba wants to leave well do your best and make sure you get the best move you can get. Tell your agent to wind it in because what club will want to do business with him?

Has he got any bridges left that he hasn't burnt?

There's only a handful of clubs that Pogba would want to sign for anyway

Bayern Munich ~ No chance.
Barcelona ~ Skint. Also, they hate his agent.
Real Madrid ~ Skint. Can normally find cash from somewhere but doesn't feel like Pogba would be their likely target
Juventus ~ Skint. Wage bill is crippling them.
PSG ~ FFP issues. On a bit of a tightrope but likely they lose Mbappe this summer rumour is Neymar wants to stay so might be a spot for Pogba.

I doubt this is a surprise to Ole and the club they will have known this is the situation for a while it's been pretty obvious that he's not been happy for a long time at the club

A swap deal + cash maybe? Just so the circus leaves town. The less we have to deal with Riola the clown. The better.

We need a proper deep lying playmaker, a proper quarter back.

Is his agent saying these things equivalent to Pogba handing in a transfer request? Because it should be.

Yep it's over there's no going back but everyone needs to act like grown up if Pogba wants to leave well do your best and make sure you get the best move you can get. Tell your agent to wind it in because what club will want to do business with him?
How many times have we asked for this? Never happens. Such a shame he represents Haaland.

Who would be available in a swap + cash deal? I think Pogba needs to go back to Juventus.

He could probably do well in the PSG side. Could we pry away a true holding midfielder or a true right sided goal threat from either? Verratti? He's 28, it wouldn't be a signing for the future. But Verratti at 5'5" would look hilarious next to McTominay in midfield. I'd take Draxler.

In the Juventus side, Chiesa? Rabiot? I warmed to the rumors that we might get Dybala last year, I'd take him again.

Dybala doesn’t fit now we have Bruno.

It’s unlikely you will be getting starting players as part of a deal I don’t watch enough of Juve to comment on their players. Who would Pogba replace in their current midfield? That is the player they’d likely be trying to swap.

PSG would probably offer us Herrera in exchange haha!

I guess we’d want a quality CB, CM, RW or CF in exchange as these are the positions where the squad is light. It would also need to be a player who really wants to come here and prove himself.

I would also be happy to letting him go and invest in other positions and not even replace him that’s how happy I would be

If Solskjaer can't count on Pogba, if he is going to be continually undermined by him and his entourage, then he has to tell him that he won't play for United again on his watch. No United fan would shed a tear at that, and the reality for Pogba is that he won't be missed on the pitch. United are already moving on from him.

Finishing quote in the piece below

Raiola has said he wants to see one of his clients in Madrid...
...it won’t be Pogba. He isn’t worth the trouble.
In spite of the 600+ million on the stadium, the club will buy. Have to.
There are targets and the show pony isn’t one of them.
Madrid isn’t “skint” just very, very careful right now.
Just be careful you don’t lose Pogba on a free. He has the leverage.
You will never get 50million. Lucky to get 30million.
Your best bet might be a swap deal. But don’t call Perez...

I'd happily bench him for 18 months and let him go on a free. He'd miss 2 international tournaments

Pogba can have a terrible affect on me. My sensible head says take any money you can get for him and move on. My spiteful heart says stick him in the u23s and if he refuses fine him 2 weeks wages. Obviously the former is better, we just need to move him on.

I just read Verrati and de ligt are Raiola players so we don't want them

Pogba can have a terrible affect on me. My sensible head says take any money you can get for him and move on. My spiteful heart says stick him in the u23s and if he refuses fine him 2 weeks wages. Obviously the former is better, we just need to move him on.
I have no doubt Fergie wouldn't play him again. I don't think this management team will do that. I Woodward stays out of it.

I wouldn't have him near the match day squad now, he's too toxic and we need to just move on.

Tell his agent if he's that good get the 90m we paid or he can forget about the Euros and the world cup because he's not playing for us again

Pogba goes to the international comps regardless of if we are playing him.

We'd be paying him £15m a year to play with our U23's. Fine him two weeks wages for this outburst and offer him around Europe. If someone bits at £50m they can have him.

I don't actually think it hurts us that much. Saturday was probably his first match where he's had a positive effect on our points haul.

No I don't think on the playing side it hurts us at all.

If he plays no footbal at all, he wont be able to play in the international comps. I wouldn't even play him in the U23's

He just need to go, and now his agent has said it I think we should definitely remove him from the matchday squad. However I don't think the Glazers will allow that.

The fact is, no one has the money for pay for Pogba, or to give him the wages.

It would be great if we did manage to sell him this Jan and then went on to win the Prem :)

A shame as a fired up Pogba can turn any game for you. He's the kind of player you drop into an already well functioning team to make it even better: the icing on the cake.

However, if he's not willing to publicly go against his agent on this one, he's disrespecting the club and should be punished accordingly.

I am a Pogba fan, but it's just not worked out here, he is a luxury really and we dont have the space for that. Bruno has come in and really upstaged him, shown him what you need to do.

The timing of this is terrible, all the pre and post match stuff will be on Pogba. It must have been pre planned, an interview like that, and Pogba must have known about it.

For all their shouting, I still don't see where he is going, who is going to spend the money. Becasue how many teams can afford (not money wise) a luxury like Pogba, like Madrid are finding with Hazard.

Although I would take a Hazard swap

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back