Mino Raiola - "Over" for Paul Pogba at Manchester United - Monday 7th December.

Hazard would be Alexis 2.0. He might give us one good season, some of the older players (Cavani, Matic) can still deliver even if not every week, but we would soon be right where we were needing a CM.

I'm ambivalent on Pogba. When the stars align he's world class. I'd prefer we bought upgrades on players we already have and hang onto Pogba - if whatever caused his slump (attitude? manager? fitness?) doesn't come back. I think he is not happy being assigned a role that he doesn't find fun, and that for him means being asked to track back (something he didn't have to do that much at Juventus). Mourinho didn't use him well, he was unhappy because it was unfun, and he stunk out the joint. Now he looks happy and he's world class.

United have opened talks over a new deal.

Guessing Raiola has realised nobody can afford him.

Good news if it's true, might help us land Varane......and Mbappe

Not sure how giving Pogba a new contract helps us sign Varane but I like the logic.

As long as they aren't expecting a massive pay rise and agent commission then I say crack on but we both know that's optimistic.

They'll use the 12 months as leverage to squeeze Utd for every penny as the club will be terrified of him leaving for nothing and on a free lots of clubs suddenly become interested in Pogba so they've got us in a pretty good position.

Utd just need to be like Milan where if they ask for to much be prepared to walk away.

I really hope some club comes in with a reasonal amount and we sell.but cant see it as no one wants him.that tells its own story.
Could use the money to buy bissouma and torres.
Also could make way for vdb to make his mark as im sure there is a quality player there just not had a decent run

I really hope some club comes in with a reasonal amount and we sell.but cant see it as no one wants him.that tells its own story.
Could use the money to buy bissouma and torres.
Also could make way for vdb to make his mark as im sure there is a quality player there just not had a decent run

Think quite a few clubs would want him but no clubs can afford him as everyone is broke.

I'd rather we sell VDB and keep Pogba there's nothing from VDB that makes me think he'll ever fit in this team whereas we know Pogba is an important player.

Time to get Pogba to say what he wants to do, Either resign or don't and if he want's to @feck off, let's be done with hm and buy Grealish

The only club that might be able to afford him are PSG and his agent has got good ties to them but I just don't see them really being interested in him. Any deal they could offer Utd would involve them trying to dump some unwanted players back on us cheeky gits probably try and send us Herrera back.

Utd need to get this issue sorted this summer he either signs a new deal or he goes but if I'm Pogba I wait to see who the club sign this summer before I commit to a new deal so it probably is something that's going to rumble on into next season.

Pogba once said he doesn't see himself in Paris because his parents are Marseilles fans

He was questioned about PSG at a France press conference the other day and basically said he doesn't know anything about their interest his agent deals with all that stuff. Same press conference where he basically said he's waiting for a contract offer from Utd.

He's no fool when it comes to this stuff Pogba it's all part of the game with modern players.

PSG have already sign Wijnaldum on a free the rumours are they're getting Donnarrumma too so my guess is whatever money they have got to spend will probably go on improving their full back options.

I sadly think with Pogba he'll drag it out and if Utd aren't competitive next season he'll go on a free if they are fighting at the top and he thinks he can win stuff here over the next 5 years he will stay as I do think he likes it at Utd.

Hopefully as there has been a shake up of the boardroom and backroom staff there will be no more long drawn out sagas involving buying new players and renegotiating contracts for exsisting players but i wont hold my breath.
Can see sancho saga all summer long and also pogba as well
Just need someone strong to say to pogba here is the contract sign it or do one and to dortmund here is the final amount we are willing to pay yes or no.
that way there is plenty of time to plan ahead its not hard.
Personally i want pogba gone as the whole package with him,raoila and his brother and hangers on isnt good for the team,he just isnt good enough to put up with all the crap.

That is all how we'd like the world to be but that isn't the way the world is and football is a notoriously badly run industry full of idiots and conmen.

You'd hope this shake up will make things run a bit more smoothly but it's still got to get past the man at the top and if the numbers don't stack up the Glazers aren't going to sign it off.

On Pogba from what he's said no one has actually offered him a contract to sign probably because for the last 3 years he's not exactly hidden the fact he'd like to leave the club but they've not been willing to sell him. Had the pandemic not happened I think they'd have actually sold him last summer but the pandemic scuppered that plan.

Think in any deal once both parties are prepared to make an agreement you can sort things pretty quickly it doesn't take weeks or months to sort.

If Pogba is happy to stay I'm sure Utd can agree a new contract with him pretty easily but my guess is he wants to see the investment in the squad first if he doesn't see the owners back Ole he'll just run his deal down and leave. If he signs a new deal tying him to the club for the rest of his career then Utd don't back Ole so we're scrapping for top 4 again rather than pushing for the title if I was him I'd be pretty annoyed.

If Pogba is happy to stay I'm sure Utd can agree a new contract with him pretty easily but my guess is he wants to see the investment in the squad first if he doesn't see the owners back Ole he'll just run his deal down and leave. If he signs a new deal tying him to the club for the rest of his career then Utd don't back Ole so we're scrapping for top 4 again rather than pushing for the title if I was him I'd be pretty annoyed.
This whole paragragh is wrong
He is a team player for utd he doesnt and shouldnt get any special treatment.
To say he wants to see investment in the squad is guesswork on your side and again to say he would be annoyed again guesswork.
Ole is building a team where the players want to play for utd and know what that means,pogba is not one of those type of people
He doesnt have the character,the stamina,the passion or the drive.
Noone is bigger than utd so to say a player wants to see who the club sign before signing a new contract says a lot about that player and if you agree also says a lot about yourself
Again i go back to my earlier point noone is really interested in pogba and you have to wonder why is that

This whole paragragh is wrong
He is a team player for utd he doesnt and shouldnt get any special treatment.
To say he wants to see investment in the squad is guesswork on your side and again to say he would be annoyed again guesswork.
Ole is building a team where the players want to play for utd and know what that means,pogba is not one of those type of people
He doesnt have the character,the stamina,the passion or the drive.
Noone is bigger than utd so to say a player wants to see who the club sign before signing a new contract says a lot about that player and if you agree also says a lot about yourself
Again i go back to my earlier point noone is really interested in pogba and you have to wonder why is that

I mean I did say it was a guess but players want to win so if you're signing on to a long contract you probably want to feel that the club is at least trying to compete and win. De Bruyne didn't commit his future to City because he loves them or owes them he committed his future because they offered him a very good wage but he also knows they'll be doing everything they can as a club to deliver the big titles every season.

No he shouldn't get special treatment but it's his career he doesn't owe Utd anything he's got a contract if the club want to offer him a new one he has the right to say yes or no to their offer if they don't offer him a contract.

I think you've got Pogba all wrong he's a dedicated professional on and off the pitch and he wants to win you don't make it to this level of the game if you aren't competitive but he knows this side isn't going to win anything unless Ole gets in better players. He's been in winning teams he knows what winning squads look like and this isn't it. What he doesn't want is to sign for another 4 years and see the club keep holding the manager back by not getting in better players. That's why I think he will wait to see if the club back Ole this summer if they do I think Pogba signs a new deal if they don't I think he looks to leave.

As for no one being interested my guess would be there's probably only 4 or 5 clubs who Pogba would want to go and play for as he wants to be at a club that can win the League and Champions League. Problem for him is apart from PSG all those clubs are broke so they're not going to offer Utd £50m or whatever we might want for him as they don't have any money.

If Pogba wants to sign we'd be mad not too. He's a great pro and player.
The people around him are the problem.
I also agree if he wants to wait to see if sign anyone, that's only natural, it's probably his last contract to get a CL medal

hahaha thanks you 2 for giving me a giggle with your replies
pogba a great pro hehehe still giggling
no one has £50milll to offer hehehe brightened up my day no end

hahaha thanks you 2 for giving me a giggle with your replies
pogba a great pro hehehe still giggling
no one has £50milll to offer hehehe brightened up my day no end

Why isn’t he a good pro because he has silly hair?

Last summer how many transfers happened that cost over £50m? 5 according to the list I found so after a year with no fans in the ground how many clubs do you think will be dropping 50m on players?

I’d gamble you might see 5 maybe 10 players moving for fees above 50m this summer.

You need to get your head out the clouds and realise clubs have just posted massive losses apart from those backed by royal families or oligarchs they’re all skint

Nobody wants Pogba because right now he's a very expensive luxury. A fantastic player but not someone who's going to turn a team around.

Nobody wants Pogba because right now he's a very expensive luxury. A fantastic player but not someone who's going to turn a team around.

To me he’s the finishing piece to a team not the starting piece.

At his age as well he will want to be joining a club that’s ready made for success but these clubs right now don’t really need him the one that probably needs him is Real Madrid but they don’t seem to fancy him.

His record at Utd over his 5 seasons makes him a gamble for any top clubs

We've slapped 400 grand a week on the table apparantly :eek:

I like Pogba, would love for him to stay, but 400 grand a week!!!!!

It's Man Utd so 5 years of lets be honest pretty average form obviously gets you a nice little pay rise.

De Bruyne is reported to be top earner in England now on £20m a year if we end up paying Pogba the same or more than that then the world truely has gone mad as that lad has been the best player in the league season after season.

I do think Pogba staying is important but were in a right mess.

I think Pogba staying is imperitive to bringing in the right kind of players, it shows intent.

Think him staying is just one less really good player we need to buy if he goes this summer we probably need 3 new centre mids as even with him staying I think we need 2 more quality centre mids.

Sounds like Madrid are after him and Mbappe

Two pretty good free transfers

He just shouldn't play until he's made a decision one way or another. He's a diva and to be honest for the most part he isn't that good for United anyway.

It’s more that just Kante can’t with France. in 2018 they basically played 4 CBs their fullbacks didn’t really attack. In midfield they had Kante and Pogba but then to Pogba’s left was Matuidi and up top was Griezmann and Giroud. What Deschamp did was he built security around Pogba and Mbappe knowing that defensively they were not strong so to accommodate that he resisted putting more expansive players in the side. He backed these two along with Griezmann to provide enough spark to win games and he got it bang on.

We consistently ask Pogba to do a job everyone knows he can’t do I think even he knows he can’t do it but he tries and then hammer him when he fails.

There’s to many stars in this team not enough grafters so I think the club needs to move out a few stars and make way for some grafters. Pogba is one I’d be moving on.

Latest stories are he wants to be top earner at the club with his new contract I'd guess that means parity with Ronaldo.

Just can't happen Utd can't give this guy a pay rise he doesn't deserve it.

I get why they want him to sign the deal to stay because losing him on a free would be dreadful business but he's already one of the best paid players Utd should be offering him no more than an extension on current terms. If he doesn't think that's good enough then bye bye.

we shouldn't be renewing any deals until the new manager comes in.

Imagine giving him parity with Ronaldo and then the new manager doesn't want to use either of them.

The new manager really shouldn't be dictating who is and isn't signed this is why we always find ourselves in a mess.

The club and the sporting director should be making these big decisions you then hire a manager to coach the players you do have the days of managers picking players are so out dated.

The "philosophy" at Utd should be set in stone like it is at all other top clubs you buy players that fit your image and hire coaches that do the same.

This is where it's gone so wrong for so long the principles set in place by Ferguson and built over 30 years did not align with any manager we appointed until Ole came in. He gets the club philosophy he's just not a good enough coach to deliver on it.

Pogba should be out the door no matter who the manager is he's shown over 6 seasons he's never going to fit into this side, he divides the fans and just isn't worth the hassle in this league. Doesn't make him a bad player he's just not the sort of player who excels in the Premier League.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back