Mikel Arteta at Arsenal 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
New season new hope for the Arsenal? Well they say it’s the hope that kills you when it comes to supporting a football team.

Two new centre backs arrived, ceballos on loan again and looks like their main man Aubameyang looks to be staying.

Be interesting to see if he sticks with the 3-4-3 that worked towards the end of last season or will he move to the back 4 nowhes got centre backs he can trust.

Yeah be interesting to see if the forward options remain strong there’s rumours they want to cash in on Lacazette and they obviously want Ozil to leave.

William I think gives them a bit of experience in the wide areas that’s maybe sometimes been lacking.

Some exciting kids coming through as well.

Can’t really see them being top 4 again next season but they can surely be in the race this season.

Arteta has got a fancy new job title.

He's no longer Head Coach he's now First Team Manager.

3-0 up inside 60. I know it’s only Fulham but they’re looking very good.

Good start for Arsenal but I think we’ve just seen the team that will finish bottom this season their defence is awful.

New 3 year deal for Aubameyang.

Sold the backup keeper for £20m.

Still got issues with Ozil and Guendouzi to sort out but doesn't look like they're going anywhere at the moment.

Been a pretty positive summer for Arsenal so far seem to have a good buzz around the place again.

What a crazy few days at Arsenal.

Sacked the mascot after 27 years service to save money.
Spend 50m on a new centre mid on huge wages.
Ozil who refused to take any pay cut when the rest of the team did offers to pay the mascots salary for the rest of the season.
Club then leave Ozil out of Europa League squad basically meaning that barring some sort of huge injury crisis it's unlikely he plays any football for them this season.

The Ozil situation at Arsenal really is a complete mess.

Reports are Ozil has also been left out of Premier League squad.

Think that means he’s currently only able to play in cup games.

Not really sure I can get on board with him being the "victim" in this situation.

He ran his contract down to the last 6 months flirting with lots of teams to take advantage of a bad mood at the club to more than double his wages. His performances dropped off massively and the coaches obviously feel they can't trust him especially in big games. Even Wenger was against the deal the club gave him it was signed off by the board at the time he felt it was way to much money for him to earn as it was miles above what others were on.

The club assuming with support of the manager have clearly told him that he's not in their plans and is free to leave but he doesn't want to so they're just going to pay out his contract. They've got a big squad so they can't name everyone so he's the obvious one to leave out it really shouldn't be a surprise to him.

He talks about loyalty well it's not like they've stopped paying him or have been dishonest with him he's just decided he'd rather sit out one more year on his massive contract rather than taking less money to go to another club.

So after last week's love in.

They've been hammered 3-0 by Villa

I wonder if their fans will call for Arteta's head

Last week arteta was the best manager since sliced bread way ahead of Ole.
people need to get off the hype train when we lose.

That's what was annoying about us not beating them a week ago this was a very average Arsenal side especially going forward but we made them look like the peak Arsenal lot in that first half.

Creativity is a massive problem for them he's clearly got no faith in Pepe, Willian is hit and miss and always will be, Lacazette doesn't score enough goals and Aubameyang is a scorer not a creator. He won't stick Aubameyang in the middle because he doesn't press very well so he's sort of stuck between two stools.

I didn't see the game but sounds like Villa ripped them to pieces at the back.

Maybe we should relief them of Aubaneyang. I think that would be good for us.

Maybe we should relief them of Aubaneyang. I think that would be good for us.

I'm not sure they've just put him on £350k a week and since then he's scored 1 penalty!

I like him but he's at the end of his career we need someone just hitting their prime.

The fact he doesn't do any defensive work means he'd fit right in with the current setup though ;)

I'm not sure they've just put him on £350k a week and since then he's scored 1 penalty!

I like him but he's at the end of his career we need someone just hitting their prime.

The fact he doesn't do any defensive work means he'd fit right in with the current setup though ;)
I didnt realise he was that age to be honest

I didnt realise he was that age to be honest

I reckon he's still got a few years left in the tank but you need guys to help save his legs now so he can just be a goal scorer not many better than him around when it comes to putting the ball in the net.

The way they setup it's sort of to make him the luxury player he's the one who doesn't really have to defend as he has Saka and Tierney behind him on that left side.

He's basically pulled the same trick Ozil did run down the deal until the club are so desperate they have no choice but to panic and give you the money.

Pepe really becoming a Pogba level disaster for them £70m and his head looks totally gone and got himself stupidly sent off yesterday.

Arsenal clung on to get a 0-0 away at Leeds they do seem like a side that can dig in a bit now which wasn't a trait of Arsenal recently but they are dreadful going forward.

What's happened to Aubamayang

Lack of service I reckon.

Arsenal are horrendous going forward apart from that young lad Saka they've got absolutely no creativity going forward especially against teams who sit deep on them and counter attack.

Teams setup to stop Aubamayang out wide so it's very hard for him to come inside and get shots off and when he goes in the middle they never get the ball anywhere near him. He's having a dry spell but no one else seems to be stepping up.

Arteta has made them very rigid and hard to play against but it's come at a real cost going forward they are really really poor going forward. One of the best defences in the league but one of the worst attacks needs to find a better balance.

Got some high earning boys not contributing enough at that club Ozil, Willian, Lacazette and Pepe will all be on big money 1 has been totally frozen out but the other 3 are doing bugger all so he's having to play the kids.

Like jsp said above they have been hard to play against and have been better defensively. But even that defensive improvement is starting to unravel a little. Villa ripped through them the other week.

Their midfield has a distinct lack of creativity and guys like Willian and Pepe just aren’t cutting it. Nelson and Willock are solid young players but are not going to change the game on their own. It all leaves Auba with a lack of service and his goals are their main source.

Sure they’ll give Arteta time but they are lacking anything going forward right now.

Another loss.

4 losses and a draw in their last 5.

15th in the league. Arteta has to come under fire soon.

If anyone cared about Arsenal then there would be calls for his head but the press know Arsenal don't get clicks or generate sales the way Utd do. The fans are definitely starting to direct the anger towards him but their transfer policy over the last few windows has been horrendous. That squad is a mess far to many players who are just liabilities can turn up one week then disappear the next you can't trust them.

Which busted flush squad player will they sign from Chelsea next? Going to put Christensen on £200k a week or something mad like that.

Arteta is a young manager who rightfully got some praise towards the end of last season when they did well but this season has been a disaster. This is the risk you take with young managers and I think they should back him to be able to turn the corner with them we had it with Ole after the initial buzz there was a dip at the end of his first season/start of the second.

His only remaining option now is to put the trust in the youth and drop some of the more senior guys who aren't cutting it.

There's some big problems at that club getting these players out the door is going to be very tough and that means little to no money to bring in replacements could take a few years to turn then around.

Arteta looks much more like he's taking his coaching style from Moyes than Wenger/Pep it's very safety first stuff he's even appointed Moyes old assistant Steve Round as part of his coaching setup.

People massively over hyped him after that win against us like it was a tactical masterclass it wasn't Utd handed them the initiative from the start with our system as soon as we changed shape they did nothing it was a mad moment from Pogba that gifted them a win.

I think with the nature of the league this year, a couple of wins and you’ll be rising up that table, however they have looked dire this season. No real creativity from midfield, Willian has flattered to deceive and Auba’s form has fallen off a cliff. They have some promising youngsters but those youngsters need some help and they aren’t getting it. Worrying times for them and I love it!

I think with the nature of the league this year, a couple of wins and you’ll be rising up that table, however they have looked dire this season. No real creativity from midfield, Willian has flattered to deceive and Auba’s form has fallen off a cliff. They have some promising youngsters but those youngsters need some help and they aren’t getting it. Worrying times for them and I love it!
Arsenal fans are some of the worst fans to give us stick ! I would say now it’s there turn but they’ve been bad for years !

Down again at HT against Southampton. They need a big second half performance as it’s starting to look a little bleak for Arteta.

Got it back to 1-1 but another red card.

Discipline becoming a big problem for Arteta Gabriel will miss the next game after getting 2 yellows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back