Status
Not open for further replies.
West Ham United U21s - 24/10/2014

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Manchester City - 2/11/2014

Very good return to the first team. I wouldn't be surprised to see him continue at CB to be honest.

So composed and distribution was classy. I presume he will start next to McNair next week.

Quite vocal and good at organising too I thought which is something we've missed.

Excellent showing given the circumstances. Could really do with his experience and composed head the next while.

Crystal Palace - 8/11/2014

Enjoyed having Carrick back in midfield today. Looks in good condition. Kept things ticking today. Always nice to see him having a pop from outside the area too. Interested to see if he or Blind will be the holding player vs Arsenal. I think there's only room for one in midfield.

In that formation there is only room for one. If they played 4-2-3-1 they could fit them both in.

Arsenal - 22/11/2014

Top performance in my opinion. Brings composure and experience to that area of the field. He's always a key player when we play Arsenal.

A calming influence. Hopefully back for the season now. You could tell Van Gaal was gutted when Carrick was injured in pre-season, think he sees him as the key.

Hull City - 29/11/2014

Outstanding. His control and reading of the game was fantastic. He had so much time. My man of the match.

Especially when in form. Clear van Gaal likes him. Think we might see 2012-13 Carrick this season or close to that anyway.

It's good to see carrick back. He was great yesterday. Made a couple of scholesesq pass. And the one for Van Persie header which was ruled offside was awesome.

Liverpool - 14/12/2014

Top performance. His ability to read the game and intercept is fantastic. He would have been my man of the match if it wasn't for De Gea's heroics.

He has a very calming influence in our defense. He was very good in what is not his natural position.

He can easily play that position. I was very confident of that. If he is going to continue playing there we need another Carrick for midfield.

Libero. He makes 3 at the back work because he is a midfielder naturally. He brings a flexibility to the system.

He's been brilliant since his return from injury. Formation/system has been key and ideal at this stage of his career, he probably hasn't ventured much further than the half way line.

Think his 1st start against Crystal Palace, he was playing quite high up because he was allowed, had a couple of shots I seem to remember.

When Shaw and Rafael are back, I don't expect much to change, he may start a little more advanced with him dropping back when the full backs push on though.

I admit I thought he was passed it after last season and would go the same way as Evra, Rio and Vidic who all pretty much retired when Fergie did. He's remained professional and gone about his business.

Tottenham Hotspur - 28/12/2014

That pass over the top to Van Persie today was fantastic and exactly what people were criticising Daley Blind for not doing earlier in the season. He in particular looked really tired in the 2nd half, a real worry ahead of a tough away game at Stoke, could really do with Blind back. Rumours of a one year contract extension kicking about today too.

The upside to signing Blind was that these two could be rotated in periods like this. You could tell he was tired by by the end.

Southampton - 11/1/2014

I thought he looked off the pace and fatigued today. He has been less influential since the start of the busy Christmas schedule. I'd like to see him play alongside a proper midfield partner.

I'd assume Fellaini will start next game now. Has out form dipped since he got injured?

Cambridge United - 23/1/2015

It may just be instructions but he's passing the ball backwards and sideways too much, it's like keep ball between him and the defenders. It's one of the things that make him so frustrating to watch at times because he can do more than that .He's been average this season so far.

Carrick or the role Carrick is being asked to play is a reason for the team's slow tempo. Greater urgency is needed.

Tottenham Hotspur - 15/3/2015

My man of the match. Control, composure, goal, assist, defence... everything.

Excellent. He controlled the game. His contribution was significant in the improvement of the team's performance.

His performances are notably better when he his fresher. Hopefully his workload will be properly managed for the remainder of the season.

Manchester City - 12/4/2015

I thought he grew into the game. He was quality and at his majestic best in the second half.

Everton - 26/4/2015

Not sure how to go about this, part of me is saying "if we can keep him fit..." but a bigger part of me is saying "we need to replace him as first choice". He's been massively important for a while, we've said for a few years now that if he gets injured we'll struggle but he was rarely injured, in the last 2 seasons injuries have become more regular, and with more games next season I don't think we can rely on him as first choice anymore. He'll still play when fit but I think we need someone to assist him when he does play and to do as good/better job when he can't. 70% win rate with and 35% without him shows his importance but highlights more how much we lack someone on his level to step up when he's not there.

Thoughts on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back