Michael Carrick | Match Discussion thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
AIK Fotboll - 6/813

Thought he was excellent tonight. Played that 'quarterback' role spraying balls all over the field. We'll be relying on Carrick from centre midfield again this season, he seems to thrive having that sense of responsibility.

The problem we might have yet again with Carrick is his CM partner, he is awesome, but needs someone else of decent quality to make the midfield more solid

Liverpool - 1/9/2013

Poor by his standards. Played with little tempo and struggled with Liverpool's pressing which caused his passing to be indifferent.

He was terrible. Should never have started with Giggs either like.

Has never done overly well when pressed but it didn't help that his options forward and sideways were garbage.

I dont think he did particularly well today, but it must be difficult being a one mad midfield.

Crystal Palace - 14/9/2013

Really could have done with some gametime for England. Not bad but still not at his best, don't think it helped that he was often doing Anderson's work too. Liked that he had a shot from distance, need more of that from him. Need better from him next weekend.

P.S. Class bit of skill at one point.

Did as well as you would expect against Crystal Palace.

Can't understand where his MOTM award came from. Sloppy passing first 20 minutes gave the ball away a few times. Hopefully now with Felliani we will start run the show a bit more.

West Bromwich Albion - 28/09/2013

Wasn't helped by Anderson but poor again today. 3 man midfield looks very tempting.

Sunderland - 5/10/2013

Starting to come into form now. Thought him and Cleverley were very good today, particularly in the 2nd half. Provides a better balanced midfield. Fellaini should be used as an alternative to Carrick in my opinion.

Got better as the game wore on. First half himself and Cleverley didn't get a foothold but once they did we started to dominate. Shows you how important that centre midfield battle is.

Put a decent shift in today. Not his best performance neither his worst.

Yeah, I think Carrick is having his usual slow start to a season. Hopefully he'll pick up after the international break.

Not the best of games, but luckily we had people that could carry him through for a change

Not saying he's been bad but playing about half as well as last season. 3 tough away games coming up now, really need him to improve for these. Jones and Cleverley arguably been our best midfield performers this season so far and have done well together when they've played together.

Carrick's brother said on twitter that he played on one leg yesterday. He's had Achilles problems for years now but has hardly missed a game for us. Great pro. Need to invest in midfield before the inevitable happens... can't play with injury forever.

Video of Carrick's season so far.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Norwich City - 28/12/2013

Not sure Moyes wanted to give him 90 today. Carrick looked understandably off the pace. Some good passing though. That game hopefully done him a lot of good. More to come.

Yeah, he struggled a bit without the ball. His passing was decent.

Says a lot when he doesn't make an interception in 90 mins.

Sunderland - 7/1/2014

Looked rusty and struggling for the same mobility off the ball as last season. I hope rustiness is the reason why and we're not seeing the decline of Carrick.

Wasn't great before injury, hasn't looked good since. Was at his peak last season, downhill from here. He'll improve but... need midfielders.

Chelsea - 19/1/2014

Best game since returning/of whole season? Passing was excellent in first half, getting it out wide quickly, few good passes forward. 8 interceptions.

Average game for me, too slow. Not helped by playing with Jones, at least with Cleverley they can pass it sideways and backwards to each other and keep the ball 10 seconds longer even if they do go nowhere.

Annoying. Freak injury. Would have been nice to have him, Rooney and Van Persie playing at same time again. Not been playing well this season but still first choice for me. Time for a 3 man mid with Mata, Van Persie and Rooney the front 3.

The pass back towards the end was infuriating even safety first Moyes was losing his shit.

In the last 2 or 3 mins we should just huthed the ball forward, especially if it lands to Rooney or RvP, you'd think they would score.

Crystal Palace - 22/02/2014

Much better from him tonight. Back on form I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back