Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoot

Banned
Now is the time to get in for him with the Sancho deal stalling. Be a great signing for us and an opportunity for him to finish his career on a high,

Obviously would be good to see Messi in the Premier League but are we going to pay £500k a week for a 34 year old when his contract expires? I think if he was to leave he would honour his contract to the end of next season and then head off. Can’t see us going for him in the slightest though.

He may decide he wants to part of another rebuild at Barca - I think it’s more likely he stays there for the remainder of his career. Maybe forge a year or two in the MLS in a couple of years.

Now is not the time he’s declining he earns about €1m a week we are trying to build something young and full of energy do we don’t want to put something old into that.

I mean you could stand him out on the right of the front 3 and just let him weave his magic but I’m not sure it’s the right way to go.

Obviously would be good to see Messi in the Premier League but are we going to pay £500k a week for a 34 year old when his contract expires? I think if he was to leave he would honour his contract to the end of next season and then head off. Can’t see us going for him in the slightest though.

He may decide he wants to part of another rebuild at Barca - I think it’s more likely he stays there for the remainder of his career. Maybe forge a year or two in the MLS in a couple of years.
He is 33, and no need to wait on his current contract to end. Make a bid for him. I think he will be looking for another challenge now and will want out. No reason why we shouldnt be in the mix.

Now is not the time he’s declining he earns about €1m a week we are trying to build something young and full of energy do we don’t want to put something old into that.

I mean you could stand him out on the right of the front 3 and just let him weave his magic but I’m not sure it’s the right way to go.
It would probably make us instant title challengers

It would probably make us instant title challengers

Fair shout but it would be a bit RVP a one season shot to nail the title because Messi is a fading force. You’d need your other 2 forwards to do his pressing etc for him.

I don’t really want to see Utd building around 1 player it makes you to vulnerable longer term I want to see us continue to build a team which is what ole looks to be doing.

I’d actually love to see Messi go to Juve I’d love to see him and Ronaldo play together both accept age has caught them but work together to get one final CL title. It would be very Hollywood movie

It’s actually the other way around. Reports are Ronaldo will go to Barcelona.

Fair shout but it would be a bit RVP a one season shot to nail the title because Messi is a fading force. You’d need your other 2 forwards to do his pressing etc for him.

I don’t really want to see Utd building around 1 player it makes you to vulnerable longer term I want to see us continue to build a team which is what ole looks to be doing.

I’d actually love to see Messi go to Juve I’d love to see him and Ronaldo play together both accept age has caught them but work together to get one final CL title. It would be very Hollywood movie
Well, if its Hollywood movies your after over us signing a player who would never have previously been accessible thats a different matter.

It’s actually the other way around. Reports are Ronaldo will go to Barcelona.

I thought he was going PSG?

I mean Barca players had to take whopping pay cuts due to Covid as their wage bill is a mess so not sure how you could ever add Ronaldo to that as none of their players want to leave.

Barca now are basically where they were when Pep took over a few older players established stars need to go to make way for the younger hungrier players.

I don’t think Messi is in that group but he needs to let the club move out players like Suarez, Busquets and maybe even Pique to allow the young talent to come in.

Help those lads settle in for 2 years then hand over the team to them. Instead it feels like the opposite happened they won’t let the new guys into the club and make it hard for them to settle in as they don’t want to lose their spots.

If I were United I'd be more concerned about Barca potentially looking at Sancho to replace him.

I don't think Barca have got that sort of money to throw around at the moment. The club is a complete mess and they're going to struggle with any rebuild.

I also think they may be wary of taking the next big thing out or Dortmund. The 145m euro's spent on Dembele is looking like one of the worst bits of transfer in history. If they looked to sell him this summer they'd probably recoup at quarter of that.

Now is the time to get in for him with the Sancho deal stalling. Be a great signing for us and an opportunity for him to finish his career on a high,
This is the funniest post I have ever seen! Comedy!

Busquets is the man I’d be in for.
Isn't Busquets over 100 years old now and one of the many reasons Barca have been poor this years?

As for Messi, jesus, it would be like having the devil incarnate back at OT after Jose. He'd be saying he wants the team to do this, that, Ole clean my boots and I want a new keeper. No No No

He’s 32. For me the best player in his position. Perhaps of all time.

I don’t think he’s to blame for Barca’s downfall at all. I can understand why people wouldn’t want him but in a 3 man midfield alongside Pogba and Bruno I think he’d be excellent. He’d also bring a winners mentality with him. I think that Barca dressing room is just toxic now and many would thrive with a move.

I would assume you don't mean part of a midfield 3? Presumably you would play him off the right ?

Ah right. That's a relief I thought you had gone mad. I wouldn't do it but at least it makes sense now. I would much prefer thiago

Again I don't see Barca very often anymore and Busquets in his time was great but at the last world cup I felt he looked fragile for the first time and whenever I see Barca now I see the same he's easier to press now but that could be because he hasn't got the quality either side of him.

At 32 think his time is now passed he's going to be another one for them who's near impossible to replace as there haven't been many better to play that role for them.

Don't think he'd work here as it isn't really a 3 in midfield at Utd it's a 2 as Bruno basically plays off the striker.

If Messi does want to leave Barca as per the recent reports he basically need to join a team that is almost perfect and just be that final piece so you're looking at fitting him into a Juventus or a PSG side. Or you go another extreme and put him in a young side like say Dortmund and see if he can be the one who gets them over the line.

Isn't Busquets over 100 years old now and one of the many reasons Barca have been poor this years?

As for Messi, jesus, it would be like having the devil incarnate back at OT after Jose. He'd be saying he wants the team to do this, that, Ole clean my boots and I want a new keeper. No No No
I think Messi is a more humble character than you give him credit for

I think Messi is a more humble character than you give him credit for

Not having that I think he's hard work but bit like Keane it's for the right reasons he just wants to win but when he doesn't get his own way it kicks off big time. You don't get that good at football without being a bit of an ar*ehole is the way I look at it you need to be ruthless.

Think a lot of the recent "issues" at Barca are basically him being annoyed at the way the club is run at board level as he knows he's only got a few years left at the top and he isn't seeing them sort out the on pitch problems. That club hasn't really recovered from losing Neymar that totally caught them off guard and ever since they've been scrambling about and I think Messi is getting sick of carrying them on the pitch.

I think he's the final piece of the puzzle for a team that's 1 player away from being able to win a European cup. Utd I think are still quite a few pieces away from being at that stage where you can get a "Cantona" that just clicks everything together.

MARTIN SAMUEL: Both Manchester clubs would be mad to touch Lionel Messi this summer... they might be buying an angry, resentful man now living his second-best life

Messi and Ronaldo stayed in Spain too long for me.

They should have both moved a few years back. I'd be amazed if anyone touches Messi now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back