Messi to leave Barcelona

PSG already in contact

Barca make nearly 500m loses last year.

Can they afford Depay and Aguero contracts?

Their ratio is 4:1, so if they bring in a 25m salary they need to loose 100m :eek:

Part of the deal with La Liga would basically kill the super league.

Barca deserve this their behaviour for the last decade has been shocking it needs to be clear no one is to big to fail.

With Messi their wage bill is 110% of turnover without him it’s 95%

One thing that doesn’t get discussed is why Messi demands such ridiculous wages from a club that he loves and he knows they cannot afford

The talk of Messi really wants to stay at Barca but they can't financially get it done and La Liga are being mean irritates me. You have more money than you'll ever spend. If you want to stay you'd sign on £200k a week and sorted.

Most of the talk seems to be that it's a bluff and he'll end up staying. Barca are just trying to get the league to break the rules for them so they can keep the biggest name in world football in their league.

If this investment firm that are looking to invest 3bn into the league find out it's a league without Messi is that deal even on the table?

Sounds like all systems go for the move to PSG.

Stories this morning that Aguero might also try to go back on his agreement he has signed but hasn’t yet been registered with the league he signed to play with his pal Messi. If Barca are trying to rebuild not having his wages on the books as well might be a bit of a blessing.

For years everyone almost thought of Barca as the model club with fan ownership etc but just like politics if you elect idiots who make poor decisions everyone suffers. A lack of strong leadership at the very top of that club has killed it they sold out their traditions by taking on a shirt sponsor, they allowed Messi to absolutely bleed them of cash by creating a cult around him and they wasted fortunes on transfers.

So few big money signings worked at that club in the last decade.

End of pogba's PSG move then

So he either gambles on leaving on a free, or signs

Who knows?

I mean surely they can't actually afford to add Messi to the books without some very clever accounting so who knows what they've got up their sleeve to make all these numbers work.

Messi doesn't really solve their main problem in the same way that Pogba didn't which is they lack a top class holding midfield player and a top class left back.

It's all very Galactico era problems they're busting the bank for Messi when they actually need Kante.

He’s also been milking them dry for years running his contract down to the final season then demanding huge wages.

They’re so screwed that even if he offered to play for free they couldn’t actually sign him that’s how big their problem is.

Good on the league for standing up to them.

A group of lawyers/Barca fans have written to the European court of arbitration trying to block Messi's move to PSG on the basis their FFP is in a worse state than Barca.

Messy.

But Barca aren't failing UEFA FFP. It's La Liga rules.

I would have thought La Liga rules follow UEFA FFP in in some form. Or why fight it.

It's crazy anyway, fighting it really.

Rumour today United in for Griezmann, going in really cheap as they need to lose his wages, and he wants out after being booed this weekend. But I don't see this as a player united needs. Liverpool maybe.

Honestly didn't think it'd get to this point, but for all the reasons mentioned above, I'm glad it did. Barca have been racking up 900m in debts by buying/paying players they couldn't afford, and now it's caught up to them. No sympathy for Messi either, as if it meant that much to him, he'd play for free and still retire a billionaire.

Football has had so many close encounters with the reality of its own making this year that I wonder how long it will be before this house of cards finally collapses.

sounds like the Barca fans are booing Umtiti and Pjanic for not taking free transfers. Umtiti sat out team celebrations yesterday.

Griezmann and Couthinio also taking grief from their fans for the wages they're on.

If they all leave Messi could stay is the theory...ahahaha, stupid fans.

I would have thought La Liga rules follow UEFA FFP in in some form. Or why fight it.

It's crazy anyway, fighting it really.

Rumour today United in for Griezmann, going in really cheap as they need to lose his wages, and he wants out after being booed this weekend. But I don't see this as a player united needs. Liverpool maybe.

Similar but the La Liga rules are applied up front you submit your accounts before the season starts, the league assesses your figures and sets you a salary cap that you cannot exceed. Barca are still miles above their cap and as a result cannot register any new players until they bring down their wage bill.

UEFA assesses your finances over a 3 year period retrospectively and as it stands these rules are relaxed due to Covid.

Griezmann would be a ridiculous signing as we have Bruno and he would need to accept a 75% pay cut to join Utd no way any other club is picking up his 800k a week wages. If Utd are going for any of their players go for the ones they don’t want to sell Ter Stegen, Pedri or De Jong.

The only club I see Griezmann fitting in England currently would be Arsenal they need a number 10.

So he's a PSG player now - done deal

Pogba to stay for another year then.

interesting in that thread, PSG got lauded for not joining the super league, looks like the reason was because their transfer dealings would have been more scrutinised.

Such a shame that this is where he ends up playing in a league where one clubs budget must be 10 times greater than every other club in the league.

Looks like Herrera is one of many to be sold

He’s been on the please leave list for 12 months but he earns £250k a week so he’s not going anywhere until that contract ends. Must still have 2 or 3 years on it.

Much like all those players they would like to move on they all earn stupid wages that they can’t get off the books.

He’s been on the please leave list for 12 months but he earns £250k a week so he’s not going anywhere until that contract ends. Must still have 2 or 3 years on it.

Much like all those players they would like to move on they all earn stupid wages that they can’t get off the books.
It would be quite funny if they couldn't shift any of them.

It would be quite funny if they couldn't shift any of them.

It’s alright FFP is dead and the new head of the clubs association for UEFA is the PSG chairman.

For PSG sales would be nice but they aren’t critical to their plans those books can be cooked all sorts of different ways by their accountants.

It's going to be weird having PSG as the new club to hate. I've been hating Barcelona for so long, at least there will be some familiarity with Messi there, the hate will transfer over.

Talks that PSG are ready to get a Ronaldo deal done and Juve are willing to sell.

Just seen photo's of him training.

Forgetting the stupid wages, some of which is Krypto currency, 1m a week!

Those players must be buzzing training with Messi

How the hell did Barcelona get away with this scam for so long? I've seen pictures with all the trophies Barca won while Messi was in the team, but now their entire financial structure has been shown to be a con, a house of cards. They basically flouted La Liga's own rules put in place to make sure a situation like this never happened.

Shouldn't they void some of those trophies? If Barca can't get their finances in order, the punishment should extend backwards in time to when the problem started. It's like if PSG suddenly spends a few billion dollars/pounds/euros and assembles a new Galacticos squad and wins it all - should it be allowed?

How the hell did Barcelona get away with this scam for so long? I've seen pictures with all the trophies Barca won while Messi was in the team, but now their entire financial structure has been shown to be a con, a house of cards. They basically flouted La Liga's own rules put in place to make sure a situation like this never happened.

Shouldn't they void some of those trophies? If Barca can't get their finances in order, the punishment should extend backwards in time to when the problem started. It's like if PSG suddenly spends a few billion dollars/pounds/euros and assembles a new Galacticos squad and wins it all - should it be allowed?

Was only a matter of time before the reckless spending caught up to them they’ve been skating on thin ice for years but always just stayed the right side of the rules with La Liga until this season. They had huge income so could have huge out goings but that revenue has been absolutely shredded by Covid and they can’t sell their players to cover up the cracks.

This is the beauty of la Liga rules it isn’t looking backwards it's looking forward so now the rules have been breached they pay an instant penalty. There was no slap on the wrist it was straight up we don’t care who you are application of the rules.

What you realise in the aftermath was there was no way they could ever have kept Messi

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back