McTominay loan move?

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think it's for the best needs to go and play if he wants to develop and the whole Mourinho thing hangs over him here as I just don't see him getting games unless there are a lot of injuries.

It's a shame that he became a tool for the previous managers little agendas as he didn't deserve that the whole managers player of the year thing was a total farce.

He probably needs a loan move away, I haven’t really seen anything in him to suggest he has a long term future here but he could become a solid enough player for a lesser Premier League team or maybe even a move to Scotland would be good for him.

I agree that the managers player of the year think was just cringe. I think Mourinho just wanted to highlight he gave a young player a chance.

I agree that the managers player of the year think was just cringe. I think Mourinho just wanted to highlight he gave a young player a chance.

I don't know if it was that. I think it was more Mourinho telling his players 'Follow my orders and i'll give you recognition. This kid has done whatever i've told him without moaning' He even praised McTominay for his 'Getting the job done without the need for stupid tricks and flicks'

The reason I say that because if it was about youngsters why not just give it to Rashford whose a year younger than McTominay.

I do actually like the idea of the award in terms of handing it to the youth player thats made the biggest step towards breaking in to the first team which undoubtedly McTominay did do last year.

I also see very little in him that makes me think he'll make the grade at United. He'll do well to have a similar career to that of Gibson/Cleverley.

he needs to take the offer and go, he is only ever going to be a bit part player, as lets face it he isnt good enough.

I don't know if it was that. I think it was more Mourinho telling his players 'Follow my orders and i'll give you recognition. This kid has done whatever i've told him without moaning' He even praised McTominay for his 'Getting the job done without the need for stupid tricks and flicks'

The reason I say that because if it was about youngsters why not just give it to Rashford whose a year younger than McTominay.

I do actually like the idea of the award in terms of handing it to the youth player thats made the biggest step towards breaking in to the first team which undoubtedly McTominay did do last year.

I also see very little in him that makes me think he'll make the grade at United. He'll do well to have a similar career to that of Gibson/Cleverley.

It was 100% a message to the other players but it was pathetic because if that's the message why isn't he giving it to Matic, Lukaku or Young ahead of McTominay who I think played 4 league games?

There's also the fact that the award didn't even exist until he decided he wanted to hand it out I don't believe in managers player awards I hope they scrap it this year and just do the fans and players votes as a manager award is was to political.

Maybe have an award for best young player but say you only qualify if you made your first team debut in the last 2 seasons bit like rookie of the year and have that award decided by the managers/coaches rather than players.

as fans, does anyone really care who gets man of the match, player of the year etc. I have no interest.

as fans, does anyone really care who gets man of the match, player of the year etc. I have no interest.

It’s nice to see who gets the awards but I don’t really care but when the manager makes up an award to try and prove a point and gives it to a kid who contributed next to nothing that season it annoys me.

To me individual awards in team sports are nonsense think they’ve become a curse on modern football.

Me personally I’d of loaned him out for this season and then if he does well where ever he went too, then offer him a deal. I’m not his biggest fan but if he wants to stay as a Squad player and be like 6th/7th choice then that’s up to him

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back